Friday, March 22, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 3/15 - 3/21)

Friday (3/15) We finally made it to Friday!  We got up and moving much better today than any of the other days this week.  Adrian got AJ ready and dropped him off to school before heading to work.  I got Daniel and Zak ready and dropped them off at school.  I had a rare morning off so I got a bunch of stuff done around the house before heading in to school to sub a kindergarten class for the afternoon.  I had a great class & he had a fun Friday afternoon!

After school, we all came home and got ourselves settled for the weekend.  Thankfully since this is the weekend between 3rd and 4th quarter, no one has any homework this weekend, yay!!  We had a quick dinner of leftovers and then AJ and I got ready to head out to the high school for their production of "Mamma Mia."  It was really good and we had a great time together!!  We were both tired, but it was worth it to push thru to see the show.  AJ said it was different than he thought it would be and way better.  When we got home, it was time to get the boys thru their bedtime routine and then we watched a few comedies and went to bed too.  It's been a very long week!!
Saturday (3/16) The alarm went off way earlier than what I wanted it to, but I got up and moving.  Adrian headed to the church for the men's breakfast and enjoying hearing Roy Hall speak.  He said it was very fun, informative and motivational.  While he was there, I was in the back room teaching Zumba.  We had a fun class and got a great workout!  When that was done, Adrian headed out to get an oil change and I came home to hang with the boys and get them ready for the rest of the day.  After lunch, Adrian dropped AJ off at his Scout service project while I got ready and headed out to the Y for a jam session.
I had so much fun dancing for 3 hours with friends and learned four new amazing routines to bring to my classes.  I can't wait to practice them and add them to my classes.  I snuck out a little early to get home and get ready for my date night with Adrian and some friends from church.  We met up with them at 101 Beer Kitchen for a delicious dinner and some Graeter's ice cream.  Then we headed to one of the local escape rooms where we (barely) escaped from the 90's!  We had a good time and lots of laughs with the other three couples, such a fun date night!  When we got home, we had a glass of wine, watched some TV and then headed to bed.  It was an amazing day!!
Sunday (3/17) Happy St Patrick's Day!!  We don't really do anything to celebrate, other than maybe wearing green if we think of it.  We all slept in a little today and then got up and moving and headed to church for the second service.  I was serving in childcare so I was back with the elementary kids while AJ and Adrian went to their services.  It was a nice way to start our week!  When we got home, we had a quick lunch and then Daniel's friend Yusuf came over for a play date.  All four boys hung out and played upstairs and didn't fight for the whole 3 hours he was over!  I told his mom he can come over every day!!

While they were playing, Adrian and I were working on our to do lists and trying to get as much done as possible before we leave for vacation on Friday.  My biggest accomplishment was filing our taxes for last year!!  I'm so happy not to have that hanging over my head anymore.  The day passed quickly and we were very productive.  We had leftovers for dinner as part of our clean out the fridge quest for the week and we're doing a very good job!  Before long it was time to get the boys down for bed for the night.  We finished up our weekend with snacks and a few comedies before heading to bed.  We're ready for a short, but busy week!!

Monday (3/18) Back to our regular schedule for one more week before spring break - and it's a short week for us.  We had a rough time getting up and moving this morning, but we managed to do it.  Adrian got AJ ready for school and dropped him off before heading to work.  I got the other two boys ready and the three of us headed into school because I was subbing today.  I spent the day in a rough 4th grade class, but we made it work.  I also had to supervise a lock down drill, one of my least favorite things to think about with kids in school.

When the day was over, we picked up our fundraiser items from school and headed home.  I dropped the boys off and then headed out to the bank to grab a copy of Zak's birth certificate for our insurance verification so we can cross another big thing off of our to do list.  When I got home, I got everyone thru homework and dinner and then we got ready for our night activities.  I took Daniel and Zak with me to the church for Zumba class.  I had a great time teaching Zumba Toning while the boys hung out in childcare.  Adrian took AJ to Scouts for a very busy and productive meeting for them.  When we all got home, we got the boys down to bed, finished up a few things around the house, watched some TV and headed to bed.  It's a very focused on work week since we have a bunch of stuff to get ready before we leave on Friday.

Tuesday (3/19) Today we started off a little off schedule and ended up way off schedule.  Zak has been having some pain and discomfort "down under" so I decided to take the day off and take him to the doctor.  Adrian got AJ ready and dropped him off at school while got Daniel ready and dropped him off.  I called and got an appointment with our doctor for this afternoon and then spent the rest of the morning working on stuff around the house to get ready for our upcoming trip.

We got to the doctor a little early and soon realized this wasn't an external, easy fix.  He sent us for an immediate ultrasound of the are to see what was going on.  We headed over to the other side of town since they could get us in right away.  The doctor there said they didn't see anything that was an emergency so he sent us home.  Soon after we got home, our pediatrician called and told us to head to Children's ER as soon as possible.  So I packed up a few essentials and Zak and I headed downtown.
After a few scary hours of lots of different suggestions, the doctors finally determined he had an infection in his testicles and that was causing the swelling and redness in the area.  So we were admitted for the night so he could start antibiotics and they could monitor him overnight to make sure it wasn't something more serious.  We finally got to our room around 10:30pm and were both starving since we hadn't eaten in nearly 12 hours.  He got some food from the nurses and I headed to Subway to grab a sandwich while he was out for an X-Ray.  After dinner, Captain Underpants movie and some chatting about what was going to happen, we finally went to sleep shortly after midnight.  It was a rough day for the two of us and we were exhausted!
While we were dealing with all of that, Adrian came home early and dealt with the other two boys.  He picked up Daniel from school and got everyone thru homework and dinner.  Then he took Daniel to his first soccer practice and went and picked up our bottles of wine from Cooper's Hawk for the past two months.  He got everyone to bed and got the debrief from me on how to get everyone to school in the morning.  He was also in constant contact with me about what was going on with Zak.  It was a scary day for all of us, but we pulled together as a team and got thru it!

Wednesday (3/20) After very little sleep for me, today started super early when the doctor rounded at like 6:30am. The good news is that Zak's swelling was significantly down after only 2 doses of antibiotic and he was looking much better.  They scheduled him for a repeat ultrasound later in the day so they could make sure everything looked good now that the swelling was down. He slept thru the whole exam, as well as a few vitals checks and a dose of antibiotic.  I'm glad he was able to get some rest!  When he woke up, we did his favorite part and ordered breakfast on the TV to be delivered to his room!  He ordered a huge breakfast and ate nearly all of it while watching YouTube.
Adrian started his day early too, getting up and getting AJ ready and dropped off to school.  Then he got Daniel up and ready and after he dropped him off, he headed downtown to visit me and Zak and bring me a few things I forgot and breakfast.  He stayed with us for most of the morning and went with Zak for his ultrasound to give me a little break.  He left around lunch time to go home and get a little bit of work done before the boys got home from school.  Zak ordered another huge meal and enjoyed eating his lunch in bed again.
Shortly after lunch, they told us that everything looked good and they were going to discharge us!  We were both super excited to be going home!  They got all of our discharge info together and after a quick stop at the pharmacy for a huge pile of medicine, we headed home.  We got there shortly after Daniel and AJ got home from school and we were all happy to be under one roof again.  We were all pretty worn out so we spent the rest of the night relaxing, playing games, watching TV and getting settled after this adventure & ready for our next one.  We got the boys to bed at their normal time and then Adrian and I started the new two hour long "Survivor."  We watched about half of it and then headed to bed since we were both exhausted!
Thursday (3/21) I was so thankful to sleep in my own bed last night and get a good night of sleep.  I'm still worn out this morning and Zak is home for the day so I called out of my three Silver Sneakers classes, cancelled my Zumba class and stayed home for most of the day.  Adrian got up with AJ and dropped him off at school before he started working from home for the day.  We both got Daniel ready and then he dropped him off at school.  Zak was feeling much better this morning and spent the day relaxing and watching or playing video games.

I went out in the afternoon to run a few errands that I needed to get done before our trip.  I also went into school to sub for just two hours at the end of the day.  Then I picked Daniel up and we headed home for the next week.  He brought a package for Zak from his class, all of his classmates made him a get well soon card.  They were super cute!  I dropped Daniel off at home and then ran to pick up AJ from his final Model UN meeting.  He had a great time using the VR headset to visit a few different places around the world, including Turkey, the country he represented.  He said it was so much fun and he can't wait to do Model UN again next year!
After we all got home, we took a short break and then got ready to head out again as a family.  We headed over to Central for the District wide art show.  We found all three of the boys' pieces of art very quickly and then we were able to enjoy the rest of the art in the show.  There were some very good pieces and some talented students!  Zak got tired after about an hour so we headed home pretty quickly.  We had leftovers for dinner and then we started to do the prep work to leave tomorrow.  We got a few things ready, finished all of our laundry and finished a few things around the house that needed to be done.  We got the boys to bed and watched the second half of "Survivor" before heading to bed too.  It's been a very long week and we can not wait for our vacation tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment