Sunday, March 31, 2019

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for March 31 - April 6)

After a two week break, I am back to meal planning.  We had an interesting week before vacation which included an overnight stay at the hospital for Zak (and me) so that threw off my eating a bit that week.  Then last week on vacation it was carb central and that continued this weekend when we got home.  Tomorrow I'm back on track with healthy, portion controlled eating for the month of April.  I will take off Easter weekend because we have family coming in and I love Easter candy.  But other than that it will be a pretty strict month because I know May-Aug we will have multiple times that we are off our schedule and it will be hard to eat right.  The good news with that is I'm usually more active over the summer.

This week I'm getting back to eating a lot of variety as well with one of each type of food each week.  I'm not planning leftovers this week because we honestly don't have any right now.  Plus it's working out to have no planned night and then if I need to take a night off to just bump the planned meal to the next week.  I also made sure we were stocked up on pasta stuff before we left and I'll be stocking up on salad and sandwich stuff this week.  It's going to be a huge grocery shopping week because the cupboards are very bare after vacation!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Leftover pizza for the boys & Chinese for the adults
Monday - Big Mac Bowls
Tuesday - Chicken Taco Bowls
Wednesday - Garlic Shrimp and Veggies
Thursday - Garlic Soy Pork with Edamame Rice
Friday - Vegetable Soup
Saturday - Chicken, Veggie & Pasta Skillet

Water Flavor - I didn't really have much in the fridges but I was able to find one orange to use.  Since that didn't fill the infuser, I pulled some strawberries out of the freezer to top it off.  I'll have to think ahead better for next week.

Overnight Oats - I got a bunch of flavored Greek yogurt on sale right before we left so I'm using those for my oats this week.

Use it Up - Since the whole past 2 weeks were about this, I don't really have anything to use up.  I do have a few grapefruits that I will eat over the next week or so before they go bad but other than that I don't have anything to use up right now.

Lunches - I'll go back to salads for most lunches this week.  I'm working everyday so if I run out of time getting a salad together, I'll take a sandwich or leftovers.  Nothing super exciting, just trying to get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment