Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Keeping Up With...2019 Goals (Feb Recap)

February went by in a blur, especially the first half of the month!  We had so much fun celebrating Zak's and Daniel's birthdays!  We always do a lot for their birthdays because we don't want to celebrate them together, we want each boy to have his own special day.  It can be exhausting but it is also a ton of fun.  So the month feels like it was split, half partying and not really focusing on my goals and half normal life and focusing on my goals.  I still did pretty good this month, I'm happy with the pace I'm on for the year.

I shared last month that one of my goals for the year is to finish everything on my to do list each day.  This fell apart in January and didn't really get better in February.  As you can see since it's the 12th day of March, I am super behind with just about everything.  I did have a weekend to catch up on things in February and made a lot of progress, then we decided to paint the living room and I fell behind again.  I'm really focusing on finishing things before we leave for vacation at the end of March but if I don't finish stuff, I will be taking the first weekend of April "off" and only focusing on the to do lists.
Here's how my goals are going so far this year with a few notes about February.
  • Lose 50 pounds - I've lost 13 pounds so far!!
  • Exercise for 20 minutes every day - 59 days so far
  • Read the Bible in a Year - 59 days so far
  • Read 100 Days to Brave - 40 days so far
  • Read "Be Still and Know" - 59 days so far
  • Read 20 books - 3 books so far - I didn't finish any books in February, but I made progress on three different books so I hope to finish a few in March.
  • Read the 12 How to Train Your Dragon Books - 3 books done so far
  • Read "The Beauty Myth" -57% so far
  • Write 45 meal plan blogs - 7 blog posts so far
  • Write 52 weekly summary blogs - 8 blog posts so far
  • Write 12 goal recap blogs - 2 blog post so far
  • Pay off $3,000 of credit card debt - $1,278 paid off so far
  • Renovate the living room - We painted the whole living room and ordered our flooring.  It will be installed in March.
  • Watch 40 movies - 3 movie so far.  We saw "Lego Movie 2" and "How to Train Your Dragon 3" in February
  • Go on 12 dates with Adrian - 1 date so far.  We saw "Hamilton" in February and it was amazing!!
  • Sub 70 days in the schools - 7 days so far
  • Do one group fitness training - not yet started
  • Go to 6 Zumba jam sessions - 1 jam attended
  • Clean out master bedroom - not yet started
  • Clean out play room - Spent 20 minutes in the room in January.  We really need to make more of an effort on this room.  I'm thinking this may be a summer project though.
  • Have 12 family board game nights - had 1 family game night
  • Play Pandemic Legacy with Adrian once per month - 2 months done so far.  And we won both months easily!
  • Have 6 nights out with friends - 1 night out
  • Go on an awesome spring break vacation to Florida - not until March
  • Do 100 fun family things (one thing each week during school & one thing per person each week over the summer) - 7 done so far but even this is proving to be too hard so we may need to wait until the summer to really kick this up.
  • Go on 2 family camping trips - 1 booked for May

No comments:

Post a Comment