Saturday, February 23, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 2/15 - 2/21)

Friday (2/15) Most of us got to sleep in today since it's our fist day of our four day weekend.  Unfortunately Adrian still had to get up early and head to work for the day.  And I still had to set an alarm so I could get up and head to Harcum to teach another Aqua Dance class and a resident class this morning.  The boys decided to stay home and hang while I was gone.  They had fun together and were all playing nicely when I got back.  After lunch together, the day passed quickly with them playing and me working.  I finally got the kitchen back in order after a few days of chaos.  We had a very chill day where I didn't really make the boys do anything other than get dressed and eat their three meals.  Adrian worked all day and then went to his board game club at night.  It wasn't a super exciting day around here but it was exactly what we needed after over a week of craziness!

Saturday (2/16) I got a great night of sleep but unfortunately I still had to get up and moving earlier than I wanted to.  But it was for a good cause so it's fine.  Everyone else was able to sleep in a little today.  I got dressed and headed to the church to teach my Zumba Toning class this morning.  We had a fun time and we worked hard!  After class, I ran out and headed to my old gym for a Zumba party.  The gym is closing so we had a small going away party this morning.  It was so fun to dance with some old friends and say goodbye to the place that started my health & fitness journey.
 
After two classes, I came home super sweaty and tired!  I grabbed a quick shower and then lunch.  While I was gone, the guys got started on some stuff around the house.  This weekend is my pick for what we're doing and I've declared it "finish all of our stuff" weekend.  We started today by working on our to do lists and we got a bunch of stuff done.  We worked pretty much all day while the boys played upstairs.  Adrian cooked us delicious steaks for dinner and the boys had more leftover pizza.  After dinner, we cleaned up and "finished" up the game of "Mansions of Maddness" that we started a few weeks ago for AJ's pick.  Daniel, Zak and I quickly tired of the game, it's just not our thing.  So we watched "Captain Underpants" (again) while Adrian and AJ finished the game.  "We" did win the game and AJ thinks it's awesome.  After the game was over, we got the boys to bed, had a quick snack and headed to bed too.

Sunday (2/17) Most of us got to sleep in today.  Unfortunately Zak was up at like 6:30 and woke Adrian up then too.  When we all got up, we got ready for church and headed out to second service together.  Adrian and I heard a great sermon on parenting while the kids learned about the plagues on Egypt.  After church, we headed home and had leftover pizza for lunch then got back to work on our to do lists.  Adrian and I headed out to Lowe's to get some ideas for renovating our living room this year.  We think we picked our paint colors and have some ideas about the new floor as well.

The day passed quickly and soon it was time to get ready for Martial Arts.  Tonight was the boys' test for their next belt levels, orange belts.  We got dressed and ready and headed to the church for testing.  All three boys did great and broke their boards on their first try!  After they finished, I took Daniel to his friend Patrick's house and dropped him off for a birthday party sleepover.  Then I picked up dinner for Adrian and I and headed home.  We got a bunch of stuff done tonight while the other boys played together, including planning our trip to Florida for March.  We let AJ and Zak stay up a little bit later tonight since they don't have school tomorrow.  After they went to bed, Adrian and I decided to play a quick game of "Azul" instead of watching TV.  I beat him again, this may be my new favorite game!
 
 
Monday (2/18) We slept in a little today since we were all off for President's Day.  But we also wanted to get up at a decent hour so we're ready to go to bed tonight to get back on our schedule.  We got up and started working right away to finish things up.  I started working around the house and Adrian and Zak finished up his pinewood derby car.  Then after lunch, Adrian and I ran out and had two appointments for new flooring in our living room.  We have some good options and are getting exact estimates on Wednesday.  We picked up Daniel on our way home and heard all about the awesome time he had at Patrick's last night.

We got home and picked up the other boys and we all went to Target to get new bikes for the spring!  We also finished up Daniel's birthday returns and picked up a new Nerf gun and a few new Beyblades.  Then we came home and enjoyed a delicious ham that slow cooked all day for dinner.  After dinner, Adrian and Zak headed out to his basketball game at the church.  They finally won a game!!  While they were there, I taught an awesome Zumba class at the church with a full house.  When we all got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and got them down for the night.  Adrian and I finished up a few things around the house, watched a little TV and headed to bed too.  Back to our regular schedule tomorrow.

Tuesday (2/19) We all got up and moving on time but we were all struggling.  I guess we didn't get enough rest over the long weekend.  Adrian took AJ to school and then headed in to work.  I got the other boys ready and dropped off at school before heading to Harcum for my 3 classes.  I had a fun time teaching and also had time to run to Aldi for some groceries between classes.  After all three classes, I headed in to school to review sight words with some of the kids in Zak's class.  They are all doing really well, some of the passed a bunch of words today!

After school, we came home and hung out for a bit together.  Then we got thru homework and dinner fairly quickly since Zak had Scouts tonight.  I took him to his meeting while Adrian stayed home with the other boys.  Zak and I had fun learning about tall tales, including writing our own mad-lib style story that he thought was hilarious.  When we got home, we finished up our nighttime routine and got the boys down to bed.  Then Adrian and I finished up a few things, got our snacks and sat down to watch a few comedies.  We went to bed early hoping for a snow day tomorrow.
Wednesday (2/20) We got our wish and got a snow day today!!  Unfortunately Zak and AJ were up at like 5:30am so our day still started early.  Adrian got up with them and let me sleep since I wasn't feeling well and didn't sleep well.  Daniel and I took full advantage of the snow day and slept until after 8:30am.  Then we had a very relaxing day at home.  Adrian worked at home until lunch time to make sure the roads were cleared & traffic was less.  I ran to Giant Eagle for a few things and then worked around the house for most of the day.  The boys played Nerf gun battles, video games and recorded a few videos for YouTube.  I also had two different companies come to give us estimates for replacing our living room carpet.  It was a busy day and I got a lot done, but I also got to relax a little.  The day passed quickly and before long it was time for our nighttime routine.  Adrian was at Bible study so I got the boys down to bed and got the house cleaned up.  When he got home, we had snacks and watched the "Survivor" season premier together.  It was an unexpected yet very welcome day off!! 

Thursday (2/21) After another rough night of sleep, I had a hard time getting up and getting moving but everyone else was thankfully well rested.  Adrian and AJ headed out to school and work while I got the other boys ready and dropped off to school.  Then I headed in to Harcum to teach my three classes.  Thankfully my adrenaline kicked in and all three classes went great.  I ran a few errands on my way home, then came home and relaxed a little before walking up to pick up the boys from school.  Then I had to drive over to Central to pick up AJ from Model UN.  I dropped everyone off at home and then headed back to West for a parent teacher conference with Daniel's teacher.  He is doing great, right where he should be.

After all of that running around, I was super thankful to come home to my dinner cooked in the slow cooker!  I boiled some spaghetti for the boys & for Adrian and I to have with our Thai Chicken and we all ate a quick dinner before I headed back out to the church to teach my Zumba class there.  Adrian stopped at Lowe's on his way home from work to pick up painting supplies for our weekend project of giving our living room a much needed facelift.  When we all finally got home, we were exhausted after the long day!  We got the boys to bed and Adrian and I did a few things to straighten up, watched a few comedies and headed to bed too!

No comments:

Post a Comment