Sunday, February 24, 2019

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Feb 24 - March 2)

Wow, we did great sticking to our meal plan last week, even if things didn't go quite as planned everyday.  I made everything I was supposed to make and it was all delicious!  One of the favorites for sure was the homemade beef and broccoli that I made Friday night.  Unfortunately mine turned into a "to go" order because it finished as I needed to leave for work.  But it was still delicious and we enjoyed it for lunch yesterday too.
This week is super busy, with something going on every night and I'll probably be working every day too. I did some shopping on Friday so I'm trying to use up what I bought, especially the veggies.  We are also starting to accumulate some leftovers so one of these meals may be bumped to next week in favor of an easy leftover night.  And Saturday we are supposed to go to my brother's house for dinner, but I'm planning a meal just in case because with this being cold and flu season you just never know.  If we do go to his house, I'll bump that meal to Sunday instead. 

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday -Buffalo Chicken Salads
Monday - Meatloaf and Scalloped Potatoes
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday!
Wednesday - Ham & Bean Soup in the instant pot
Thursday - Sausage, Potatoes & Green Beans
Friday - Almond Parmesan Tilapia and Roasted Asparagus
Saturday - Italian Vegetable Soup

Water Flavor - Orange Mint.  I had a bit of fresh mint to use up so I decided to go back to the citrus flavors, even though I bought another mango to use for the water this week.  I will cut it up and eat it for snack instead.

Overnight Oats - I will set up a double batch with peanut butter and add chocolate chips to it as I eat it.  I prefer to add them each morning instead of putting them in when I make them.  They tend to get soggy as the week goes on.

Use It Up - I'm using up veggies this week for sure.  I also need to use up the rest of the leftover ham from last week.  And I'm using the tilapia that I froze at Christmas to make dinner on Friday night.  I'm also almost done the powdered peanut butter that I have, a few more batches of overnight oats will finish it up.

Lunches - I'll be using up a few more heads of lettuce this week in salads.  I also made protein ranch to put on those salads, as well as avocados and hard boiled eggs.  That will be the beginning of the week for sure.  If I run out of lettuce, I'll probably just eat leftovers for the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment