Friday, February 8, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 2/1 - 2/7)

Friday (2/1) We woke up early to find out that 4-6 inches of snow had fallen overnight and with the extreme cold temperatures the roads were a mess!  So we got another snow day and the boys were thrilled.  Adrian attempted to go into work but after sliding around our development for a bit, he turned around and came home to work from home.  I decided to make everyone chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast.  Then the boys settled in to playing video games and making videos for the day while I did a bunch of work around  the house.  The day passed quickly and I was very productive.
After a quick dinner, Adrian and I got ready to head out for a date night.  We are finally seeing "Hamilton!"  We have been looking forward to this for months and it did not disappoint!  The show was amazing, honestly one of the best shows I've ever seen.  I left feeling completely drained, like I had just experienced all of the emotions myself.  I laughed, I cried, I even learned a little about the history of the United States.  It was a great night out and I can't wait to see the play again the next time it tours here!!
Saturday (2/2) After a very late night last night, it was very hard to get up and moving this morning.  But I managed to do it and get to the church on time for my Zumba class.  I had a great morning with the class and then headed to my women's Bible study for a fun breakfast and discussion.  I was very thankful I motivated myself off the couch because it was worth it!  Adrian decided to hang at home while I was gone, getting a few things done around the house and getting the boys ready for the day.

When I got home, we had a quick lunch and then got ready to head to Magic Mountain for Zak's 7th birthday party!  He had about 15 friends come to the party and they all had a great time.  We enjoyed popcorn, pizza, cake, laser tag, the play area and video games.  Most of the parents had to drag the children out of the place when they had to leave.  It was a great day and Zak said it was an epic birthday party.  He got a lot of great gifts and can't wait to play with them.  However when we finally got home, we were exhausted so we just left everything in the kitchen and got the boys down to bed before heading to bed soon after ourselves.
 
Sunday (2/3) Happy Superbowl Sunday!!  Unfortunately both Adrian and I woke up and didn't feel well.  We are both struggling with sinus issues, and I also hurt my knee last week and it is really bothering me today.  We decided to skip church this morning so we didn't spread our germs, plus we could get some extra rest to kick this sooner.  We spent the day resting and trying to get stuff done around the house.  We had to get all of the stuff from yesterday put away and under control as well as the normal weekly stuff that we have to do.  The day passed quickly while we were working and the boys were playing and helping us a little.  Soon it was time for the game.  Adrian and I watched while the boys played upstairs since they had no interest in watching.  I can't say I blame them, the game was pretty boring and the commercials were underwhelming.  We stayed up too late watching it and were disappointed when the Patriots won, as they always seem to do.

Monday (2/4) After a late night and a rough night of sleep the alarm felt very early this morning.  Plus we had off for so long I'm not used to going to school.  But I got up and moving on time.  Adrian still wasn't feeling well so he stayed home from work to recover and I took AJ to school in the morning.  Then I came home and got Daniel and Zak ready and dropped off too.  After everyone was at school and Adrian was back asleep, I headed out to run a bunch of errands since I wasn't subbing today.  I got everything done, including a much needed trip to Costco.  When I got home, Adrian was feeling a little better thankfully, but he continued to rest all afternoon to make sure he is ready for the rest of the week.

I unloaded my car and put everything away and then got to work around the house.  I got a bunch of stuff done before everyone got home from school.  They all had good days back to school but I could tell they were all tired.  Adrian helped get thru dinner and homework and then we split up for our night activities.  I headed to the church with Daniel and Zak for my Zumba class.  I had a great time dancing with everyone!  Adrian took AJ to his weekly Scout meeting where he continued to work on his advancement.  When we all got home, the boys had snacks, watched a show and then headed to bed.  Adrian and I were tired but we also had snacks and watched a few comedies before heading to bed.  This is going to be our first full week in a long time and I know we're going to need to rest up!

Tuesday (2/5) Finally we were back to our normal routine!!  It was still rough getting up this morning, but we managed to do it.  Adrian got AJ ready and dropped him off at school on his way to work.  Then I got the other two boys up and ready to head to school for the day.  I dropped them off and then headed to Harcum to teach my three classes.  We had so much fun today, lots of laughter!!  I am so blessed to teach these students each week!!

After I taught my classes, I jumped in the pool to practice a few choreos for my first Aqua Dance class on Friday.  I was exhausted after all of that and ran a quick errand before heading home to get the boys.  We all relaxed for a bit and then everyone had a bunch of homework so we got started on that.  Zak asked me to play the Teen Titans deck building game with him so we played that while the other boys finished up their homework.  He was having some stomach issues during the game so we decided to skip Scouts just to make sure he was OK.  It was nice to have a rare night off during the week.  After tacos for dinner, we got a few things done, got the boys to bed, watched a few comedies and headed to bed early for the night.

Wednesday (2/6) It was a little easier to get up today after a great night of sleep last night.  Adrian got AJ ready and dropped him at school on his way to work for the day.  Zak was up super early again so he and I hung out for a bit before he and Daniel got ready for school and I dropped them off.  Since there weren't any sub opportunities today, I headed home to work around the house.  I got a bunch done and also rested a bit since I'm fighting off a head cold and also hurt my knee.  A big part of my day was organizing everything for the upcoming birthdays and parties.

The day passed too quickly and before I knew it, it was time to pick everyone up.  Thankfully the rain stopped for a bit so I was able to walk to pick up the boys from school.  Then we came home, got settled and jumped in the car to pick up AJ who had his Model UN meeting today since conferences are tomorrow.  After we picked him up, we all headed to Menchie's to celebrate National Frozen Yogurt Day with BOGO free yogurts.  The boys were super excited to get a treat in the middle of the week!  And we got coupons to go back and get another round of BOGO free yogurts before the end of the month so we will be going back again soon.
 
When we got home, AJ and Zak went upstairs to play and Daniel and I played Flipships.  It was my first time and it was super fun - and we won!!  After the game, we all had pasta for dinner and then finished up homework for the night.  The boys played for a little while longer while I cleaned up from dinner.  Then we went thru their normal night routine of snack, show and bed.  Since Adrian was at Bible study, I was on my own for the night.  Soon after I got everyone down for the night, he got home.  We finished wrapping gifts for the upcoming birthdays, watched two comedies and then headed to bed as well.  The next few days are super busy!!

Thursday (2/7) We all got up and moving this morning, but we are dragging!  We are feeling the effects of this being our first full week of school and activities in weeks.  Adrian got AJ ready for school and dropped him off and then headed into work.  I got the other boys ready for school and dropped off before heading to the Harcum Center for my three classes.  I am struggling with a knee injury and some sinus congestion so I struggled thru classes but thankfully everyone brought their energy and we still had three really great classes!  I ran some errands in between two of the classes and then came home to rest after the third class to hopefully feel better for the night.

I got about an hour to relax before the boys all got home from school.  I got them settled and then headed to AJ's school for parent teacher conferences.  I got to meet with all 6 of his teachers and they all had nothing but great things to say about him.  I heard from everyone how he is a hard worker, very smart, helpful to other students and a dream to have in class.  I could not be more proud of him and how hard he is working this year!!  I feel like he is finally finding his footing in middle school and can't wait to see how the rest of this year goes!  I rewarded him for his hard work with the two books he asked for from the school book fair.
I was at the school for longer than I hoped and got home with just enough time to eat, change and rush out to Zumba at the church.  I am glad I planned leftovers for dinner and was easily able to hand everything over to Adrian to handle while I was gone.  He got the boys thru dinner and homework while I taught to my biggest class to date - 21 Zumba students!  We had a hot, sweaty, fun time together but I overdid it and my knee was killing me after class.  My adrenaline kicked in and got me thru the class but after I was not in good shape.  I got home, helped get the boys to bed, made rice krispy treats for Zak's class party tomorrow and sat down to rest.  Adrian and I watched "The Big Bang Theory" and then we headed to bed for the night.  This is the longest week!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment