Monday, February 4, 2019

Keeping Up With...2019 Goals (Jan Recap)

The first month of this year felt like 2019 years instead of 31 days!  I'm not sure if it was the bad weather (snow days, ice, sub-zero temperatures) or the after Christmas slump but I felt like January dragged on and on.  On the positive size, I was able to get a lot accomplished towards my goals for this year this past month.  We are in a season where we aren't super busy with the kids extracurricular activities right now so I took advantage of that and really focused on my goals.  
One of my major goals for the year is to get everything finished that I plan to for the day.  I'm trying to treat it like my job.  If I can finish everything for the week during the week, I have a lot more time on the weekends to do fun things and do the weekly and monthly things that we have to do too.  I did pretty good with this goal until the last full week in January, then it kind of fell apart.  I did make up some ground last week since the boys didn't have school for three days and we had a lot less on our calendar.
Here's how my goals are going so far this year.  I added a few new ones, they are highlighted in blue.
  • Lose 50 pounds - I've lost 12 pounds so far!!
  • Exercise for 20 minutes every day - 31 days so far
  • Read the Bible in a Year - 31 days so far
  • Read 100 Days to Brave - 12 days so far
  • Read "Be Still and Know" - 26 days so far (I started late so I'm doing 2 devotions per day until I catch up in Feb)
  • Read 20 books - 3 books so far ("Infinite Pieces of Us," "Favor" and "How to Speak Dragonese" in January)
  • Read the 12 How to Train Your Dragon Books - 3 books done so far
  • Read "The Beauty Myth" -51% so far
  • Write 45 meal plan blogs - 4 blog posts so far
  • Write 52 weekly summary blogs - 4 blog posts so far
  • Write 12 goal recap blogs - 1 blog post so far
  • Pay off $3,000 of credit card debt - $639 paid off so far
  • Renovate the living room - not yet started, waiting until after hosting Daniel's birthday party
  • Watch 40 movies - 1 movie so far ("Greatest Showman" in January)
  • Go on 12 dates with Adrian - none in January
  • Sub 70 days in the schools - 2.5 days so far
  • Do one group fitness training - not yet started
  • Go to 6 Zumba jam sessions - 1 jam attended
  • Clean out master bedroom - not yet started
  • Clean out play room - spent 20 minutes in the room in January
  • Have 12 family board game nights - had 1 family game night
  • Play Pandemic Legacy with Adrian once per month - Jan done
  • Have 6 nights out with friends - went out one night with friends in January
  • Go on an awesome spring break vacation to Florida - not until March
  • Do 100 fun family things (one thing each week during school & one thing per person each week over the summer) - 3 done so far
  • Go on 2 family camping trips - 1 booked for May

No comments:

Post a Comment