Sunday, February 3, 2019

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Feb 3 - Feb 9)

Woo hoo, I kept to my meal plan for last week perfectly!  Of course it helped that school was cancelled Weds, Thurs and Fri so I had way more time at home all week than I thought I would.  I actually didn't cook dinner Tuesday night, instead I opted for ravioli.  But then on Wednesday I cooked both meals and did some other food prep since it felt like 30 below outside and I did not want to leave the house.  Now we have a fully stocked fridge for leftovers and easy meals.

This week we are pretty much celebrating birthdays all week!  Zak's birthday is Friday and Daniel's is next Sunday, with his party this Saturday.  I let them pretty much make the menu for this week so we're having all of their favorites.  Adrian and I are taking a break from healthy eating and indulging this week so we can enjoy it.  In addition to the dinners, we have lots of treats around, cake, ice cream and snacks.  We plan to enjoy the week and get right back to healthy eating next Monday.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Wings & Mac and Cheese while we watch the Super Bowl 
Monday - Meatball Subs
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday!
Wednesday - Ravioli Bake and Garlic Bread
Thursday - Leftovers (it's a super busy day!!)
Friday - Jets Pizza to celebrate Zak's birthday, plus Rice Krispy treats for his friends at school and Oreo ice cream cake for dessert with the family
Saturday - Baked Ziti plus leftover sheet cake from Daniel's birthday party

Water Flavor - Orange Mint.  I got great deals on both things so I'll have this for water for a few weeks

Overnight Oats - I have enough for three breakfasts this week.  If I need more, I will just use the flavored yogurt I have in the fridge.  I'm planning on also have protein drinks for my breakfasts and donuts for the boys birthdays.

Use It Up - I'm not really doing this challenge this week since the boys picked the menu.  The only time I'll be using things up is for dinner on Thursday and for lunches.

Lunches - I have a lot of Veggie Fajita Bowls and Island Pork Salad left from last week so those will be my lunches at least to start the week.  When they are done, I will probably just have leftovers or salad for the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment