Monday, February 18, 2019

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Feb 17 - Feb 23)

I accidentally took last week off from meal planning.  Part of it was because I was so busy with birthdays, parties, Valentine's Day, etc that I didn't have time to do the blog post, make a grocery list or go to the store.  The other part of it was because I honestly had so much food leftover and in the freezer that I just decided to use what I have and make easy meals this past week.  We mostly had leftovers but also took out chicken to make a lightened up chicken parmesan, grilled steak over the weekend and decided to make ham this week.
Last week was all about leftovers and eating the vegetables that we have before they go bad.  It was challenging but an easy way to get back to eating healthy since there were so many veggies to use up.  This week we are continuing to eat healthy and add some variety to our meals.  We are committed to eating well for the next six weeks, then will take a week off for spring break.  This system seems to be working for us so we'll stick with it for now.  I will have to work hard and do some planning to keep up with our menu this week since there are no leftovers to fall back on.  However, we do have stuff for salads, sandwiches and pasta so worse case scenario we'll throw those together instead of the planned meal.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Take out (Bibibop for me, Chipotle for Adrian, pizza for the boys)
Monday - Spiral Ham with Roasted Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts
Tuesday - Cauliflower Soup and Salads
Wednesday - Thai Peanut Chicken over Pasta
Thursday - Ham Casserole (to use up some of the leftover ham from Monday)
Friday - Instant Pot Beef & Broccoli over Rice
Saturday - Shrimp Fried Rice with Wonton Soup

Water Flavor - Mango.  I got one on sale this week so I decided to put my citrus water on hold and have a week with some sweet water.

Overnight Oats - I took a week off from these too because I didn't have time to set any up.  I noticed I was hungry earlier each day and often more hungry than usual.  I'm back this week with some flavored yogurt that I had in the fridge.

Use It Up - I don't really have much to use up this week since that was pretty much the whole week last week.  I am using up some frozen veggies in the meals this week including corn, peas and string beans.

Lunches - Again, we have no leftovers and any that we create Adrian will probably have to take this week.  So I'm planning on salads everyday this week.  I have hard boiled eggs and turkey ready to go to add to the salads.  I may make some protein ranch later in the week as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment