Saturday, May 19, 2018

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for May 20 - May 26)

I'm finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel of this crazy month!  Our schedule this week is slightly lighter than it has been since soccer is wrapping up.  Daniel has one more game this week, for the championship of the tournament.  But as long as the weather holds and AJ's team can get all of their games in this weekend, we will be done other than the one game.  School goes until Friday, but there is no homework and I am only subbing one half day this week.  Of course, we are leaving to go camping on Friday so it will still be a super busy week but when we get home we are taking a week "off."

I was able to shop for this whole week last week so I only have to shop for our camping trip this week.  We mostly stuck to our meal plan last week, except for having leftovers on Wednesday when our schedule changed at the last minute.  This week I am planning to cook every night but we may have another leftover night so that we don't have a lot left in the fridge since we'll be gone all weekend.  Adrian is also struggling with a stomach virus, so we have more leftovers than we normally would.  We will see how the week plays out.  It's a light week since I won't really be cooking Friday or Saturday night.  We haven't figured out our camping menu yet, maybe I will share that next weekend when we get back.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Butternut Squash Chili
Monday - Flounder & Asparagus Packets
Tuesday - Beef Stew
Wednesday - Pork Fried Rice
Thursday - Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Friday - Pizza at the camp ground
Saturday - Camping 

Water Flavor - I'm taking the week off from this since we'll be gone for the weekend.  I'll set up a new flavor when we get home on Monday.

Overnight Oats - This will be a smaller week for these too.  I will use my normal recipe to make enough for four days.  I'll probably do two batches of plain and two batches of peanut butter chocolate chip. 

Use It Up - I'm not really doing this for the week, but I won't be shopping this week, only using what we have around the house.

Lunches - Again, I'm not really planning lunches for the week.  I will mostly eat leftovers because there are a lot.  I also have some romaine lettuce to use up so I'll have salad at least one or two days.  We may go out to eat on Friday since Adrian has the day off and it's the boys' last day of school but we will have to see how our week goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment