Sunday, May 20, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 5/11 - 5/17)

Friday (5/11) We got to sleep in a little today because Adrian took the day off so he drove AJ to school instead of him taking the bus.  We got AJ off to school, then Adrian headed to a doctor's appointment while I got the other kids ready and dropped off.  Then we headed out to breakfast to celebrate Adrian's birthday and Mother's Day.  We tried a new to us place called Super Chefs and we loved it!!  The food and drinks were excellent and we had enough to save for breakfast tomorrow as well.  It was a relaxed and fun way to start our day!
 
After breakfast, we ran a few errands and then headed into AJ's school to volunteer at the fifth grade carnival.  We manned the popcorn booth, which went very well until the machine started sparking and we had to turn it off for the rest of the day.  AJ was super excited to see us there and we had a fun time volunteering!  We took him home when we were done for the day and relaxed a little before picking up the other two boys from school for the day.
We got a few things done around the house and then we got ready to head to a birthday party for friends.  They were having a Nerf gun battle at a local park so we loaded up our blasters and headed over.  We enjoyed pizza for dinner and cookie cake and chocolate covered pretzels for dessert.  The boys ran around with the other kids and had a blast playing with the Nerf guns, playground equipment and skate park while the adults chatted.  When we got home, we were all exhausted so we got the boys down to bed, watched a few comedies and turned in for the night.  It was a great day!

Saturday (5/12) We all slept in a little and then hit the ground running with a busy morning!  AJ and Daniel both had soccer games so Adrian took them to the fields and bounced back and forth to watch the games.  Zak stayed home with me while I got started on stuff around the house that needed to be done.  Then I brought him to the field for his game and picked up the other boys.  AJ and Zak won their games today and Daniel lost in another close game.

When everyone got home, the boys played while the adults worked for a while.  It wasn't an exciting day but we really needed to make a dent in some of this stuff around the house.  Then we had a nice family dinner and settled in for family movie night.  We watched "Spiderman: Homecoming" and all really enjoyed it.  It was really funny and the boys loved the story of Spiderman becoming an Avenger.  When the movie was over, we got them down for the night and then watched a few comedies before turning in for the night too.

Sunday (5/13) Happy Mother's Day!!  My day didn't start quite as planned when Daniel woke us up in the middle of the night because he was puking.  Thankfully Adrian took care of it and let me sleep in a little but it still put a damper on our day.  We couldn't go to church as a family so I just headed in to volunteer in childcare for the second service.  Then I came home and we had lunch together as a family before I headed back to church to work as the facility manager for the afternoon.  The boys were supposed to be at swim lessons but couldn't go because Daniel was sick.

After I was done at work, I came home to finally start celebrating Mother's Day.  The boys and Adrian gave me my gifts, and they truly spoiled me!  I got a new shirt, sleep pants, wine glass, whistle, clip board, hand print from Zak and a gift certificate for a pedicure.  Then we had dinner together and relaxed for a bit as a family.  We had wanted to have a board game night but Daniel still wasn't feeling well so he needed to stay on the couch.  Thankfully by the end of the day he was feeling better and thinking he was OK to go to school tomorrow.  We got everyone to bed early because we have another busy week ahead and are hoping no one else gets sick.
Monday (5/14) Another morning that did not start out as we planned.  I woke up with the stomach bug that Daniel had yesterday.  I barely got AJ up and out on the bus before collapsing back into bed until it was time to get the other boys up for school.  I got them dropped off and went back to bed for another two hours.  When I woke up, I felt a little better but I still spent the day resting and taking it easy.  I got everyone picked up from school and they played for a little before we got ready for a busy night.  AJ was super busy getting home from school because his bus was involved in an accident.  His bus rear ended another bus as they were leaving the school.  Everyone is fine but it was scary to hear about that from AJ!! 

Both Daniel and Zak had soccer games tonight so I took them to those.  I'm thankful they played at different times so I got to see both games, although it was a long night at the field.  Zak's game didn't start until after 7pm and both the kids and the adults were cranky by then.  There was a lot of bickering on the sidelines between the parents, at one point I honestly thought a fight might break out.  It was crazy!  But thankfully the kids rose above the chaos and finished the game and shook hands.
While we were at soccer, AJ and Adrian went to Boy Scouts and got all ready for their upcoming camping trip this weekend.  AJ is very excited for his first camping trip with his troop.  When we all got home, the boys had snacks and watched a show before heading to bed.  Adrian and I finished cleaning up the house and then watched a few comedies before heading to bed.  We are kind of happy that our shows all have the season finales in the next week or two so we can hopefully catch up on everything this summer.

Tuesday (5/15) We finally seem to be back to our normal schedule!  I got everyone up and out to school on time this morning.  I headed into the school with Daniel and Zak because I was going on the field trip with Daniel and his class today!  We went to Blacklick Woods and had a great time exploring there.  We did a short hike, then looked for things in the creek and finished up with the nature center.  When we were done exploring, we headed to a picnic area where we had lunch together and then the kids played while the adults chatted and supervised.
I left a little early to go and run some errands before I had to pick up everyone from school.  I got home just in time to get everyone off the bus and picked up from school.  We had a rare free night, other than a short meeting that I had.  We had a relaxing night and enjoyed taco Tuesday for dinner.  We had some horrible storms come thru so we decided to cancel our meeting tonight.  I ran out to finish the rest of my errands for the week so I didn't have to worry about squeezing them in during the busy week ahead.

I got home and Adrian and I worked on putting away all of the groceries I bought and cleaning up from dinner.  Then we got the boys down for bed for the night.  Daniel was super tired after being outside most of the day.  He didn't even read tonight, he showered and put himself to bed!  When they were asleep, we came downstairs to finish cleaning up and then watched a few comedies before heading to bed for the night.  I wasn't quite as tired as Daniel, but I was feeling the effects of being outside for sure!

Wednesday (5/16) The day started early as usual and it was a super busy one!  Adrian and I got AJ up and out on to the bus for school.  Then he left for work and I started packing up for a long day.  I got the other boys up and ready and we all headed into school for the day since I was subbing all day.  I had a great class and we had an awesome day together!  When school was over, we left quickly to run home and pick up AJ and head to the Y for my Zumba class.  I haven't taught in like a week so I was sweating while teaching but we had so much fun!

After class, we ran to the car and ate dinner in the car on the way to Daniel's final soccer practice.  They were having a parents vs kids scrimmage and I thought I would be playing in that.  Thankfully Adrian got off work way earlier than he was expecting so he was able to meet us at the park and play instead.  He and Daniel had a great time playing soccer and the parents beat the kids in a tight game!  I headed home with the other two boys and helped AJ work on his final project for the year.  When everyone else got home, we got the boys ready for bed and then settled down to watch Survivor.  It was an exhausting day!
Thursday (5/17) We got up and moving on time again today.  Adrian and I got AJ on the bus and then he headed to work while I got the other boys ready for school.  I dropped them off and then headed to the Harcum Center to teach my Silver Sneakers classes.  They were so happy to see me after having a sub on Tuesday while I was on the field trip.  After class, I ran back to the school to sub for the afternoon.  We again had a great afternoon and the time passed quickly.  I picked up the other boys and we headed home to get ready for our night activities. 

We had a quick dinner and then we headed to Zak's final soccer practice.  He was scrimmaging against the other team his coach coaches, a team in the next division older than Zak's team.  They had a fun time playing against each other!  And even more fun enjoying the Krispy Kreme donuts Coach brought for them to enjoy after practice.  I had to leave for a few minutes to run AJ over to the other field for his final soccer practice.  I was supposed to head to the church for an event but between Adrian getting stuck at work and the weather not looking very good, I wasn't able to go.  Thankfully he finished work in time to head to AJ's practice to pick him up.  When we all finally met up at home, we straightened up a little, put the boys to bed and watched a few comedies before falling into bed too.  Actually, Adrian was so tired he fell asleep on the couch and wouldn't wake up when I went upstairs so I started the night sprawled out across our bed, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment