Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 5/4 - 5/10)

Friday (5/4) May the Fourth be with You!  We started our day early when a super excited Daniel woke us up around 5:30am.  He was excited about his "best day ever!"  We got AJ up and out to school and then I hung out with Daniel until it was time to head to school.  I dropped Zak off then headed in with Daniel to go on his field trip to the ice rink.  We had a great time skating and learning about the science behind how the ice is made.  After a quick lunch, we headed across the street to play at the squishy park before boarding the buses back to school.
We got back to school just in time to head over to North to pick up AJ and his friend David so they could hang out together after school.  We got home and the three boys headed upstairs to play while I relaxed for a bit before heading back to West to pick up Zak from school.  We walked home and then he quickly joined the other boys upstairs while I got a few things done around the house.  The four boys played great together until David's dad came to pick him up.

We all had a family dinner of pasta together and then the boys did clean up and we all had to tear the house apart looking for the missing soccer sock since we needed it for tomorrow's game.  Thankfully we found it and I was able to get everything washed and ready for tomorrow.  We finished the best day ever with a family movie night watching "Thor: Ragnarok."  We all loved the movie, it was for sure the best Thor movie yet!  After the movie, we got the boys to bed, watched a few comedies and headed to bed too.  It was a busy but awesome day! 

Saturday (5/5) Happy Cinco de Mayo!!  I started my day with an awesome sweaty Zumba class at the Y.  I brought virgin margaritas for the class to share after class.  When class was over, I headed over to the soccer fields since all three boys had games.  I caught the end of Daniel's game which they lost but Daniel played so well he earned the sportsmanship award!  Then I caught the end of AJ's game which they won by a ton!  After those two games, I brought the older boys home while Adrian stayed and watched Zak's game which they also won & Zak scored his first goal!!  It was a great soccer morning for our boys.
 
 
After all of that excitement, we came home and had lunch and then tried to get as much as possible done around the house.  The boys hung out, played board games, watched video games and helped out a little bit.  After we got a few things done and rested for a bit, the boys and I headed out to the Nerf Ninja event at the YMCA.  We had a great time doing the obstacle course, playing gaga ball, bouncing in the bounce house, solving the laser maze, eating snacks and of course having a Nerf gun war!  We had a blast running around the gym shooting at other moms and their sons.  We also had a mom only battle which was hilarious!  It was a great evening with my boys!
 
When we got home, we had some snacks and then the boys watched a little TV before heading to bed.  They were exhausted from the busy day!  Adrian and I did a little clean up and a bunch of food prep for our family dinner tomorrow.  When we finally finished making everything, we sat down and had a snack and watched a few comedies before heading to bed too.  It was a pretty epic Saturday for us! 

Sunday (5/6) After a busy week and weekend, we all overslept this morning and missed the first service for church.  We had a relaxing start to the morning just hanging out and then we all got ready to head to second service.  I was volunteering in childcare so I was back there with the kids while Adrian went to the service.  After church, he took the boys home while I stayed to help decorate my table for the Women's Tea in the afternoon.  My friend and I did a beach themed table to represent the month of August and it came out beautiful.
 
When the table was done, I ran home to grab a quick lunch and change clothes then headed back to the church for the tea.  Sarah and Isabelle met me there and we had a nice time chatting, playing games and enjoying delicious tea and goodies.  When the tea was over, we helped clean up then headed home to meet up with all of our guys who were at my house.  The kids played while the adults hung out.  Adrian grilled up a delicious dinner of brats, hot dogs & ribs and I made two cheesecakes (caramel macchiato and peanut butter) for dessert.  We had a great day with family!!
When they left, we did some of the clean up and then got the boys down to bed since it's a school night.  We finished cleaning up and then sat down to relax and watch a few TV shows.  I didn't get as much done this weekend as I would have liked, but boy did I have a fantastic time!  The past three days have been amazing and I wouldn't have traded them for the world!!
Monday (5/7) Back to our normal schedule today, although we only have three weeks left until summer break, yay!  Adrian and I got AJ up and on the bus this morning and then he left for work.  I got Daniel and Zak ready and then dropped them off at school before running a few errands and heading out to teach two Silver Sneakers classes.  When I finished the second class, I came back home to get our stuff together for another busy night.

When school was over, I picked up the boys and we all got dressed in what we needed for the night.  Then we headed to the Y so I could teach my Zumba class before we headed to the soccer field for a full night there.  AJ played first and his team won big and he played great.  While he was playing, the other boys ate dinner and then played at the play ground together.  When he finished his game, Adrian took him to Scouts for his weekly meeting.  We told him he could miss tonight because of soccer but he really wanted to go to Scouts so we made it happen.

Daniel played a later game so I stayed to watch his team play.  They played great until the last few minutes of the game, then they fell apart and gave up a goal and lost.  He did a great job playing offense, I even thought he might score at one point.  I'm so thankful for his coach this season, she is really working with him and teaching him and he is constantly improving.  He is enjoying learning how to play offense.  During his game, Zak stayed at the park and played with all of the kids up there.  He did a great job of playing by himself and coming to find me when he needed me.  I'm thankful we are in this season with the boys being a little more independent.
When everything was over for the night, we all met up back at home.  The boys were hungry since we had eaten dinner on the run so they got some snacks, watched some TV and we finally got them up to bed. Adrian and I did some clean up and then settled in to watch some TV and have some snacks as well.  It was an exhausting start to our week, but seems to be the pattern of this whole month!

Tuesday (5/8) We got up and moving and got everyone to work and school on time today, but I am not feeling well at all.  I'm hoping it's just allergies but I'm afraid it might be more.  After I got the boys to school, I struggled thru my two Silver Sneakers classes.  Even though I wasn't 100%, we still had a great time and got a great workout!  After class, I headed to the school to sub for the afternoon in Zak's class.  He was so excited to see me and was very well behaved!

After school, we headed home and I rested a little bit in hopes of feeling better.  Thankfully we had lots of leftovers from the weekend so we had those for dinner and since Adrian was home early, he went to AJ's band meeting tonight so I could stay home and rest.  He got a lot of information and we feel like we are ready to start being band parents next year.  We will get his trombone for him over the summer and it will be ready to go when he starts school.  When Adrian got home, we got the boys to bed and I headed up soon after them in hopes of getting a good night of sleep and feeling better in the morning!

Wednesday (5/9) So we did get a great night of sleep last night...so great that slept thru our alarms and missed AJ's bus!  Thankfully Adrian was able to get ready and drive him to school on his way to work.  I then got the other two boys up and ready for school and headed in with them because I was subbing all day.  I subbed a few hours in the morning, then had the afternoon to myself to do a few errands and get some stuff around the house done, then I headed back in for a few hours in the afternoon.  It was a nice mix for the day!

When school was over, I picked up Zak and Daniel and we headed home to pick up AJ and head to the Y for my Zumba class.  We had a fun sweaty time as always in class!  Then the boys and I headed home and got home just as Adrian pulled dinner out of the oven for us.  We had a meeting at the church about the new sports ministry tonight but since I still wasn't feeling well and we've been so busy, I decided to stay home with the boys while Adrian went.  He said it was an informative meeting and we are both excited to see where this ministry goes!  I helped the boys make teacher appreciation gifts for all of their teachers while he was at the meeting.  I got a few things done around the house as well.  Adrian got home in time to help with bed time and then watch "Survivor" with me before we headed to bed.  Hoping we get up on time tomorrow!
Thursday (5/10) Happy Birthday Adrian!!  We had a pretty full day but we made the best of it to still celebrate.  We got AJ up and out to the bus on time and then Adrian headed to work.  I dropped the other boys off at school and then headed in to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  When the classes were over, I headed to the school to sub in the afternoon.  When school was over, I picked up Daniel and Zak and we headed home to meet AJ.  The boys were all supposed to have soccer but they convinced me to skip it to celebrate Dad's birthday!

When Adrian got home from work, we surprised him with the fact that we had nothing on the schedule for the night.  We decided to go out to dinner and checked out the new Winking Lizard up the street.  The food and beer were awesome and the atmosphere was perfect for a dinner with the kids.  We will be back for sure!  After dinner we came home and gave Adrian his birthday presents which were three new games for him.  We love the one that Daniel picked, Even Stevens Odd!, and have been playing a lot since we opened it.  We finished the night with ice cream cake before bed time for the boys.  When they were asleep we watched a few shows and then headed to bed ourselves, exhausted after a very long week.

No comments:

Post a Comment