Monday, May 14, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 4/27 - 5/3)

Friday (4/27) After a rough night of sleep because Daniel and Zak both had bad dreams, we all got up a little late this morning.  I helped get AJ and Adrian ready and then Adrian drove AJ to school and I got the rest of us ready to head in.  I was subbing all day so we went in together and got in a little early.  I was a gym teacher all day and it was exhausting!  I mostly had fun playing with the kids, but they had a lot of excess energy to burn off in that gym!  When the day was over, I picked up Daniel and Zak and we headed home for the weekend.
We picked up AJ and headed out to his doctor's appointment for his med check.  We have to go every three months for his ADHD medicine.  He is doing great, gaining weight (3 lbs in 3 months!) & growing ( 1 3/4 inches!) and the doctor is excited to hear he will be playing trombone in the band next school year.  We decided to switch up his meds for the summer since it's the best time to try something new.  Hoping this is a good decision for us!

We got home and I started getting ready for our date night.  We had tickets to see "The King and I" but we decided earlier in the week that we didn't want to see that and instead wanted to go out for dinner.  So we headed to Condado for tacos and then some shopping at Easton.  We finished up trying the new ice cream place near our house, Ice Cream Rollery.  It's a cool concept and the ice cream was delicious!  But it's expensive and it takes a while to make so it will be an occasional treat for us.  When we finished, we came home and watched some TV before heading to bed.  It was a relaxing and fun date night!
Saturday (4/28) Started super early for a Saturday because AJ had an early soccer game in Johnstown this morning.  Adrian took him while I stayed home with the other two sleepy boys.  AJ's team won and AJ played really well!  Adrian came home and dropped AJ off and picked Zak up to take him to his afternoon soccer game.  His team also won and Zak played really well!  When the all got home, I headed out to the Y for another Zumba jam, my fifth one so far this year.  I had another amazing time and learned some great choreo.  Can't wait to add it to my classes over the next few weeks!
 
 
When I got home I was super tired and hungry.  Thankfully Adrian grilled dinner for us so it was almost ready when I got home.  After dinner, we did a few things around the house and then got ready for family movie night.  It was AJ's pick and he wanted to watch "Dr. Strange" to keep watching the third phase of the Avengers' movies in order.  They haven't seen most of phase one or two, but they don't really care about that yet.  So even though Adrian and I have already seen it, we watched it together.  I caught a few things that I didn't the first time, but I also got a few things done while only half watching it.  When it was over, we got the kids to bed then watched a few comedies before I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore so I headed to bed.

Sunday (4/29) We all slept in a little and had a slow start to our morning.  Unfortunately that means that we missed church again.  We're in a bad habit with missing it but I'm hoping once swimming is done (2 more weeks!) we'll get back to going regularly.  We got some things done around the house while the boys played video games, then we all had lunch together before Adrian and the boys headed out to the Y for swim lessons.  I couldn't go because I had to work at the church this afternoon as the facilities rep.  I got home just in time to see them leaving for martial arts.  They had an awesome time at martial arts as always!  When they got home, we all wanted pizza so I threw out our planned meal and ordered two pizzas from Marco's.  We all enjoyed our pizza for family dinner then finished up what needed to be done around the house and headed to bed to rest up for another busy week!

Monday (4/30) Started early again when Zak was up around 3:30am.  Adrian dozed on and off with him for a bit and then eventually they got up.  We got AJ out to his bus and then Adrian left for work.  I got the other boys ready for school and dropped them off.  Then I got ready to go into AJ's school to sub for the afternoon there.  I was even able to be his teacher for one period.  He was so excited!  We drove home together which is always fun because it's one of the few times he talks to me.  When we got home, I finally had time to have lunch and then it was time to go pick up Daniel and Zak.  We got home and had some free time since I got a sub for Zumba since we have a busy night.

After relaxing for a bit, we had dinner and then got ready for our night.  Daniel had a soccer game so I took him and Zak to that.  His team was down players but they played great!  They didn't win, but they were really close.  And Daniel did great, played better than I've seen him play.  Zak spent the whole time playing at the play ground.  While we were there, Adrian took AJ to Boy Scouts where they got ready for their upcoming camping trip.  He had a fun night there.  After we all got home, we got the house cleaned up and then got everyone to bed for the night.  Adrian and I watched two comedies and then headed to bed too.  We are so tired after a bunch of rough nights of sleep.  Hoping for better sleep tonight!
Tuesday (5/1) Started earlier than normal for me because I had my annual physical scheduled for this morning.  Adrian and I got AJ up and on the bus and then I quickly got ready and headed to the doctor while Adrian got the other boys ready and dropped off at school.  The doctor said everything looked good and to keep doing what I'm doing.  After the appointment, I went to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes and then ran a few errands before heading into the school to sub for a few hours at the end of the day.

I was tired after a busy day so I rested for a bit before getting everyone ready and heading to Gahanna for Zak's soccer practice.  The older boys sat in the car and played video games while Zak and his team practiced.  When we got home, we had tacos for dinner and then finished up our homework and everything else that needed to be done.  Adrian had Bible study tonight so I was on my own but thankfully the boys did a great job of pitching in.  He got home just in time to help with bed time and help me finish cleaning up.  Then we watched some TV and headed to bed.

Wednesday (5/2) Started early again since I had to be in the school in the morning to sub.  Adrian and I got AJ on the bus, then he left for work for the day and I got myself, Daniel and Zak ready for school.  I went in and subbed in the morning, then had a little break so I came home and got everything ready for a busy evening and then went back in to sub as the music teacher in the afternoon.  When school was over for the day, I picked up Daniel and Zak and we headed home to quickly change our clothes and pick up AJ before heading out for a super busy night.

First stop was the Y for my Zumba class.  As always, I had a ton of fun dancing with the ladies there and we were all sweaty and smiling when class was over.  Then I grabbed the boys and headed to the soccer fields.  AJ and Zak both had games at 6:00 and Daniel have practice at the same time at a different field.  I dropped AJ and Zak off and after fighting horrible traffic, Adrian got there to watch the games while I ran Daniel over to his practice.  While he was there, I ran to Kroger quickly to do some much needed grocery shopping.  Then I ran back to pick up Daniel and we finally were able to go home for the day.  The other three met us at home and we were happy to hear that both AJ and Zak won their games!  Adrian and I had a quick dinner and thankfully none of the boys had homework so they just played for a bit and then we got them down for bed.  Adrian and I quickly cleaned up the kitchen and then settled in to watch "Survivor" before heading to bed too.  Such a busy weeknight!!

Thursday (5/3) We are back to our normal schedule today but we are dragging during this busy week for sure!  Adrian and I got AJ up and on the bus to school and then he left for work.  I got Daniel and Zak up and ready and dropped them off and then headed to teach my Silver Sneakers classes.  After class, I ran to get a quick eyebrow wax and do a few errands before heading into the school for a a few hours of subbing.  After school was over, I picked up Daniel and Zak and we headed home for the day.

We relaxed for a bit and then it was time to get Zak ready for soccer practice.  Adrian was home from work early so he took him to practice while I stayed home with the other boys and got dinner ready.  I had dinner and then got ready to head to my monthly Cub Scouts Committtee meeting.  It was a long and interesting meeting as we try to wrap up this school year and get ready for next but we got done what we were hoping for.  I got home just in time to say good night to the boys, finish cleaning up and watch a few shows before heading to bed.  I wore my new "Wonder Woman" shirt today & I kind of feel like her for getting everyone where they need to be on time this past week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment