Sunday, May 13, 2018

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for May 13 - May 19)

Happy Mother's Day!!

Another week has flown by!  I seriously don't remember May ever being this busy but I guess this is what happens every year at this time since things wrap up for summer break.  We had a great week last week celebrating Adrian's birthday!  We decided to blow off soccer that night and go out to dinner at the Winking Lizard to celebrate.  It was our first time there and we enjoyed it!  The food was great, although the boys didn't like their mac and cheese.  We'll be back for sure!

This week kicks off with our celebration of Mother's Day and then we are busy again all week.  AJ is going camping this weekend and we think Adrian is going with him, although we won't know for sure until tomorrow night.  I'm planning to cook all weekend anyway so that I have leftovers for next week and it's an easier week.  After Mother's Day today, I'm hoping to get my eating under for control for the next week or so until we go camping for Memorial Day weekend.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - My favorite Instant Pot Mac & Cheese with Buffalo Tenders
Monday - Asian Peanut Noodles with Chicken
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday!
Wednesday - Honey Lime Shrimp over Rice with Corn on the Cob
Thursday - Butternut Squash Chili
Friday - Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Saturday - Tortilla Soup

Water Flavor - Apple/Orange.  I have a few oranges left from the boys' snacks from soccer and we have a ton of apples.  I didn't really think about a flavor so I'm just using what I have.

Overnight Oats - I already have these set up for the week.  I used my normal recipe to make a pina colada batch and a mango batch.  I had flavored yogurt and limited time so I decided to do something quick and good.

Use It Up - I'm using up what I bought for last week and didn't use yet.  And I'm trying to use up some broth because I have a ton in the freezer.  I know it's getting warmer, but there will be a lot of soup on our menus in the upcoming weeks.

Lunches - I never made this Colorful Broccoli Salad last week for dinner so I made it for us to eat for lunches this week.  I also have some meat (chicken & tilapia) to use up so I'll grab a few heads of romaine lettuce to make salads with those meats.

No comments:

Post a Comment