Saturday, October 8, 2016

Keeping Up With...Workouts (Recap of 9/28 - 10/4)

It is going to be pretty hard to top the past few weeks of workouts but I again had a pretty solid week.  I actually forgot to mention something in last week's recap, probably because I had so much else to talk about.  Last Tuesday, my mom came and took my Silver Sneakers Classic class and my Zumba Gold class.  She did pretty good and seemed like she had fun.  She got a little tripped up in Zumba, which can happen when you're not familiar with it.  I'm glad she was able to get a peak into what I'm doing as an instructor.

This week was a pretty typical week for me.  I worked out a lot, probably didn't rest enough and feel sore today.  I also added yet another class to my schedule which will start next week.  I promise I keep trying to cut down, but I just love my students and don't feel like there are any classes that I can cut!  This one is a corporate class and it's only for 6 weeks so I can handle it for 6 weeks.

Here's what I did this week:
Wednesday - Taught 3 60 minute Zumba classes
Thursday - Taught a 45 minute Silver Sneakers class, a 60 minute Zumba Gold class & a 60 minute total body strength class
Friday - Taught 2 60 minute Zumba classes
Saturday - Taught a 60 minute Zumba Toning class, did a 20 minute core workout and went apple and pumpkin picking
Sunday - Rest Day - Practiced new Zumba songs for about 10 minutes and walked around my living room for about 10 minutes
Monday - Taught a 60 minute Zumba Toning class and a 60 minute Zumba Gold class
Tuesday - Taught a 45 minute Silver Sneakers class, a 45 minute Zumba Gold class & walked back and forth from school

After teaching the 3 classes on Wednesday, I had a horrible plantar fasciitis flare up that I have been struggling with ever since.  On Thursday night I was supposed to teach a Zumba class but only had 2 students show up and we agreed to do a strength class instead of the high impact cardio.  It was a great workout and we had a ton of fun!  We may throw that class in every few weeks just to change things up.  I have a doctor's appointment next week to see if I can get it under control again.

I took Saturday and Sunday off from counting calories and enjoyed ice cream, Thurman's and multiple other non healthy things.  As a result, the scale didn't move this week.  I'm glad it didn't go up though!  This will again be the goal over the next few months as we get into the holiday season.  I am hoping to drop a few more pounds but will be happy if I can just end the year right where I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment