Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Keeping Up With...Workouts (Recap of 10/12 - 10/18)

As I mentioned last week, I pushed the button and registered for Barre training in just 2 weeks.  I started my training this week by going to a Barre class at the Y that fits perfectly into my schedule.  I will take this class every Mon until at least the end of the year to learn how to teach the class.  I have taken Barre before and loved it and this class was no exception.  We didn't use the barre as much in the Y class as I have in other classes, but maybe that was just this week.  I'm hoping to get to a few other barre classes at other places in the next few weeks but my schedule is tight so we'll see.

I can say that going to this class has made me SORE!!  It's Wednesday night as I type this and I'm still feeling it.  My core is especially sore.  And I know I need a lot of work in that area.  It's funny that since I'm so sore I can actually tell when I'm using my core in my classes and when I'm not.  I can definitely feel it this week!

Other than the new class, it was a fairly typical week for me.  I didn't teach on Saturday since I was camping (recap coming this weekend!) but I was for sure able to keep up my exercise streak while I was camping.  I actually was upset to not have a Fitbit on Saturday because I feel like I walked at least 5 miles that day!  We had so much fun!!

Here's how my week went:
Wednesday - Taught a one hour Zumba class plus walked back & forth from school
Thursday - Taught a 45 minute Silver Sneakers class, & 2 one hour Zumba classes plus did a 15 minute core workout
Friday - Taught a one hour Zumba class & helped set up camp plus some walking on our first day of our camping trip
Saturday - Walked a ton around the camp ground - corn maze, trick or treat, nature walk, etc
Sunday - Walked around the camp ground with the boys plus packed up the sight then unpacked at home (and did 4 loads of laundry!)
Monday - Took a one hour Barre class, taught a one hour Zumba Gold class, taught a one hour strength class & walked back and forth from school
Tuesday - Taught a 45 minute Silver Sneakers class, a 45 minute Zumba Gold class & a one hour Zumba class plus walked back & forth from school

Lots of variety this week and some strength training as well!  Great week of workouts in the books.  Now my eating on the other hand...not so great from Wednesday thru Sunday.  But I had fun and don't regret one bite.  I got back on the wagon on Monday and am hoping to stick on it for a while, but the weekend looms again.  I was happy when I got on the scale and only gained 1 pound this week.  That is a huge win for this week!!  Hoping to see it go this upcoming week!

No comments:

Post a Comment