Sunday, October 23, 2016

Keeping Up With...Food (Menu Plan 10/24 - 10/30)

It's been almost exactly a month since my last menu plan post.  I didn't really mean to take a break, but honestly the meals around her haven't been very exciting.  We needed to empty our deep freeze so I was pretty much taking stuff out of that to use up.  I was pairing it with whatever veggies I got from my CSA and that was dinner.  Often I would cook a big meal or two and then we'd eat leftovers for the next 2 or 3 nights.  We've been very busy keeping up with life over here.  I've been blogging about each week so I'm sure you already know how busy we've been.

But we finally got the whole freezer emptied.  Well, we thought it was empty until it started to thaw and we found some more food in there, oops.  That's what we've been eating the past week.  So now we are ready to start planning and eating with some more variety.  Our CSA also ended last week so once we eat all the veggies we have, we're back to buying them from the store.

This week is super busy for us with lots of extra Halloween stuff.  I'm going to try to stick to my plan, but I also have some easy meals on here so I can adjust as I need to.  Tomorrow is going to be a challenge because I have to make the peppers in the morning before we all leave for the day.  Or at least start on them.  If I don't have time we will have ravioli tomorrow and I'll juggle the menu around.  I also have to get to the store tomorrow and then start really watching the sales to restock our freezer.

I'm trying a new organization system for our freezer and I'll be listing out what we have in each freezer in a spreadsheet.  I'll go there first before I menu plan and buy our food for the week.  I'm hoping to use what we have instead of always buying new stuff.  I tend to buy/make stuff, stick it in the deep freeze and completely forget about it.  I'm hoping this new method will help.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Mexican Stuffed Peppers with Salads
Tuesday - Sheet Pan Bruschetta Chicken
Wednesday - Hamburger Heaven Soup
Thursday - Turkey Chili Soup
Friday - Rueben Sandwiches with Beets & Sweets
Saturday - Ravioli with homemade sauce from the freezer
Sunday - Harvest Chicken Skillet

Water Flavor - Mango.  They were on sale so I grabbed one last week to use for my water this week.

Food Prep - I need to get back to this.  I didn't really do anything this weekend.  I wanted to make the stuffed peppers today but I'm missing a few ingredients.  I'm hoping to get back to prepping next week for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment