Thursday, October 13, 2016

Keeping Up With...Workouts (Recap of 10/5 - 10/11)

Another good week of workouts in the books!  Of course they are pretty much all me teaching my classes but I still did that a lot so I'm happy about that.  I also officially pushed the button and am signed up for Barre training on Nov 5th.  I can not wait to get this license and start teaching this class in the new year.  Starting on Monday I'll be taking a class at the Y every Monday to learn from the current teacher.

The other thing I've been thinking about this week is how far I've come since I started on this healthy journey.  I'm often asked for a before picture and I don't have an official one.  I never thought it would go this far, or go on for this long.  I figured it would be another attempt to lose weight, I'd lose some and then gain it all back.  That's been my pattern for years.  But this time things seem to have stuck.  I think the difference is this time it is more of a lifestyle change.  I eat healthy about 80% of the time and then don't worry about it 20% of the time.  I do my best and don't beat myself up when it's not what I planned.

The other difference is obviously being so active.  I am so blessed to have a job where I have to work out just about every day.  It is such a great motivation to not only exercise but also to eat right.  Because when I eat badly, I feel horrible during my classes.  I don't give my students as great of an experience as they deserve.

Here is a family picture from 6 years ago compared to one this past summer.  You can clearly see the difference.  I'm not where I want to be, but I'm so happy with where I am.  I have things I'm still working for so that keeps me motivated.  But if I never lose another pound I will be happy with where I am and what I have accomplished.

Here's what I did this past week:
Wednesday - Taught 2 60 minute Zumba classes
Thursday - Taught a 45 minute Silver Sneakers class, a 45 minute Zumba Gold class and a 60 minute Zumba class.  Also walked back and forth from school for pick up.
Friday - Taught a 60 minute Zumba class
Saturday - Taught a 60 minute Zumba Toning class, did a 20 minute core workout and helped unload the flowers for the boys' school fundraiser for about an hour.
Sunday - Walked around the living room for 10 minutes and practiced my 2 new Zumba songs
Monday - Taught a 60 minute Zumba Gold class and a 60 minute Zumba Toning class
Tuesday - Taught a 45 minute Silver Sneakers class, a 45 minute Zumba Gold class and a 60 minute Zumba class

I didn't have the best eating over the weekend (side note - why do I struggle SO much over the weekends??  That's a post for another day I guess).  But I still did a lot of workouts and ate healthy the other 5 days.  I was happy to see that I lost 1 pound this week!  This weekend we are heading out on a camping trip so I'm sure I won't see a loss next week.  That's OK, bring on the s'mores!!

No comments:

Post a Comment