Sunday, May 1, 2016

Keeping Up With...Food (Menu Plan 5/2 - 5/8)

We went two solid weeks with everyone healthy and things were getting back on track and then wham! I spiked a fever yesterday.  I went to bed around 7:00 and have barely moved from bed since then.  I feel horrible.  Adrian is trying to pick up the slack around the house, but it's just not the same when Mom isn't up and moving.  I finally crawled downstairs and on to the couch so I can direct from here.  Plus we needed to wash our sheets before heading to bed tonight.  :)

Last week our food was pretty awesome.  The Santa Fe Chicken Pasta was delicious, although it was a lot of work.  It is definitely not a weekday meal for us.  The Slow Cooker Chicken Burritos were also delicious and very easy to make.  And my first stab at making kale pesto was awesome.  I have about two servings of it left so we'll be having that this week and next.
Chicken burritos with cauliflower rice
Kale pesto - I want to eat it with a spoon but I held back
We did hit a bump in the road on Friday when I just didn't feel like cooking.  I was really tired and felt off.  Now I'm thinking that was probably the start of whatever caused the fever yesterday and today.  We picked up Chinese for Friday dinner and just had sandwiches and salad yesterday before I collapsed in bed.

Here's the plan for this week with a few carryovers from last week:
Monday - Kale Soup
Tuesday - Baked Ziti.  I'm making 2 trays, one for us and one for a friend who's going thru a tough time right now.
Thursday - Tacos for Cinco de Mayo
Saturday - Linguine with Kale Pesto and Shrimp
Sunday - Not sure yet, but I'm probably not cooking since it's Mother's Day

Water Flavor - Apple & Orange

Food Prep - None.  I'm crossing my fingers for the week.  I will make the grocery list and a plan to shop for everything.  But other than that I'm just resting today.

As always, I'm linking up with Laura at Mommy, Run Fast.  Go check out the other blogs on the link up for some more yummy recipes!  Have a great week!!


1 comment:

  1. Oh no- so sorry you got sick!! Two weeks of healthy eating is pretty impressive. Hope you're back to normal this week!

    ReplyDelete