Tuesday, May 17, 2016
Keeping Up With...My Fab 40! - April review
Here's how I'm doing after 4 months. I have broken them down into three categories (on-going, one time and finished) so it's easier for me to update. The goals are in black and my current month comments are in red.
1. Lose 40 pounds - one for each year - Lost 9 of the 40 lbs. I kicked it up some this month, but am still behind for the year. I am seeing huge loses in terms of inches & feeling better, but the scale just isn't moving too quick. I'm hoping the second half of the year that will change with the incorporation of more weight training.
2. Read 12 books - I was so close last year! - Read 5 of the 12. I finished 1 book this month, "Burned Bridges of Ward, Nebraska." It was a Kindle First book that I got for free back in November. I really enjoyed it!! It is a book I never would have picked on my own, but I'm so glad I had it and gave it a try.
3. Go on 12 dates with Adrian - Went on 7 of the 12. We had one date night in April, we went and saw "Book of Mormon" for the second time. Hilarious!!
4. Get rid of 12 bags of stuff - Donated 1 bag this month from our closets and also passed along my bike trailer to one of my Zumba students. 5 of the 12 are gone.
5. Take 1 picture every day for the year - Up to date on this 121 of 366
6. Go on 2 special dates with AJ - Went on 1 out of 2. I took AJ & Daniel to see Snoopy: The Musical at the local children's theater in April. We had so much fun! We stopped at Krispy Kreme for donuts on our way home too. I'm counting this for both boys & may aim for 3 dates each, another together & one alone.
7. Go on 2 special dates with Daniel - Went on 1 out of 2. See above
8. Go on 2 special dates with Zak - Went on 0 out of 2, I'll be saving these for the 2nd half of the year when he's in preschool everyday.
9. Do a 365 day exercise streak - 112 days of 365, every day from Jan 11-April 30!! This was a fairly easy month to do this since I was on my regular schedule all month. I started doing a recap each week so check in on Weds for more info on this.
10. Finish the 30 Day Shred - Did 0 days of 30 - I need to get started on this one!
11. Attend one class each week that isn't mine - Did this 10 weeks out of 52. I only did this once in April. And I'll be honest, May isn't starting out that great either. This is a really hard goal for me!!
12. Teach an average of 5 classes each week - Did this 14 weeks out of 52. I actually taught at least 7 classes each week in April. It was a very busy month for me!!
13. Menu plan and prep our dinners each week - Did this 14 weeks out of 52. I jumped back in after vacation and planned each week. I did a pretty good job on prep too and mostly made what I planned.
14. Go to church every Sunday - Did this 13 weeks out of 52. I missed 2 weeks in April, one because of Adrian being sick and one the Sunday we got back from Texas.
15. Do one blog post each week - I did 8 posts in April, easily one per week.
16. See 2 movies that aren't animated - Saw 0 out of 2
17. Pay off our Best Buy card and not incur any new debt - The Best Buy card is payed off!! We will be incurring new debt because we unfortunately "need" a new car. Our older van is very close to dying so we're looking for the best deal we can for a "new to us" car. We are working on paying off another credit card as well, hoping to do that before the car payment starts.
18. Have a family board game night once per month - Did this 4 out of 12 months
19. Have a family movie night once per month - Did this 4 out of 12 months (Inside Out, Charlie Brown Valentine's special, Justice League Frost Fight, Big Hero 6)
20. Have a family video game night once per month - Did this 4 out of 12 months
21. Go to 4 Zumba jams this year - Went to my 2 out of 4 and I loved every minute of it! I'm using choreo from both of them right now and my classes love the songs! I'm hoping to go to jam number 3 in June.
22. Make one homemade breakfast for us each month - I did not do this in April. I actually totally forgot about it, oops!!
23. Go on a family trip to NJ - Booked for June!!
24. Go on a family trip to Tennessee - Planned for July
25. Go zip lining
26. Go on a family hike in Hocking Hills
27. Go on family camping trip
28. Host an alcohol exchange with my girl friends
29. Power wash and stain our play set
30. Renovate our downstairs bathroom
31. Conquer the Lynd's corn maze in the fall
32. Go to Dollywood - Planned for Aug
33. Go to Six Flags Great Adventure - Planned for June
34. Renew our Zoombeezi Bay passes and go at least once every other week over the summer - I renewed our passes this summer and we already have our first trip planned for Memorial Day weekend
35. Do something special to celebrate mine & Adrian's 10 year wedding anniversary
36. Go on a family trip to Dallas - Done! You can read about it here, here, here and here.
37. Get 1 fitness certification - Done!! Got Silver Sneakers Classic & Silver Sneakers Circuit in March. Also signed up for Zumba Gold in May. Going above & beyond on this goal.
38. Go to the doctor for routine check up and tests - Done! Did my physical, pap, blood work & mammogram in March. Everything looks great, I'm supposed to keep doing what I'm doing! 39. Tour Dallas Cowboys stadium - Done, sort of. It was actually closed for the guided tours while we were there. But we drove around it, took some pictures & went in the Pro Shop. I'm considering it done.
40. Go to Six Flags Over Texas - Done! Also hit Six Flags St Louis, loved that park
So April turned out to be a pretty good month. I'm struggling on a few of the goals and I don't think they will get any easier when the boys are home from school for the summer. I'm just going to keep doing my best. I also feel like we've had a lot thrown at us this year that we weren't expecting so that is impacting my goals as well. Again, we are handling it all as best we can but it is starting to wear me out. Hoping for a more stable second half of the year!