Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Keeping Up With...Workouts (Recap of 4/13 - 4/26)

About 10 days ago, I went to my second Zumba Jam session of this year.  I love jam sessions & would do on every weekend if I had the time...and the money.  I've explained them before but in a nut shell a group of Zumba Instructors get together and learn 4-5 routines from a Jammer who is licensed by Zumba to teach us the routines.  Such a great way to network, learn new steps and get fresh choreo for classes.  Seriously, I love them!!  The only downside is I'm exhausted after dancing for 3 hours (or 4 if I have teach that same day).

And this one was fantastic!!  Lynn was our jammer and this is the second jam of hers that I have gone to.  She has great choreo that is easy to follow and modify for either more intensity or less.  It's easy for me to learn and remember and it's easy for my students to learn as well while still challenging them.  We learned 5 songs on Saturday and I will probably use 4 of them.  One of them was an African rhythm and just wasn't really for me.  I'm already using the toning song (Confident by Demi Lovato) & the cumbia.  I'm really hoping to practice the tango (my first!) and get it into class in the next week or two.  Lynn comes to Columbus often and she said she hopes to be back in the fall.  I hope so too!!
Our confident pose
That's me in the red leading the other instructors in the cumbia

Since I missed last week, I'll be listing out the past 2 weeks of workouts.  I still had a rough time finding my groove and getting to classes that aren't mine.  Adrian was sick a bulk of the first week so all my free time was taking care of him.  And then last week I was just really tired and worn out from the past month.  I'm hoping to finally find my rhythm soon, although that will change once the boys are out of school for the summer.

Here's what I've been doing:
Wednesday 4/13 - Taught a 90 minute Zumba & Zumba Toning class, Taught half of a 1 hour Zumba class (before I had to run to baseball practice with my boys), Walked back & forth for school pick up
Thursday 4/14 - Rest Day!  Walked back & forth from school two different times
Friday 4/15 - Taught a 1 hour Zumba class, Walked back & forth for school pick up
Saturday 4/16 - Taught a 1 hour Zumba Toning class & did the 3 hour Jam session
Sunday 4/17 - Rest Day!  Practiced Zumba for about 15 minutes
Monday 4/18 - Taught a 1 hour Zumba Toning class, Taught a 1 hour Cardio Dance class, Walked back & forth from school for pick up
Tuesday 4/19 - Taught a 1 hour Silver Sneakers class
Wednesday 4/20 - Taught a 90 minute Zumba & Zumba Toning class, Taught a 1 hour Zumba class
Thursday 4/21 - Taught two 1 hour Zumba classes, Took 30 minutes of a Zumba class with a different instructor, Walked back & forth for school pick up
Friday 4/22 - Taught a 1 hour Zumba class, Took 30 minutes of a Zumba Toning class with a different instructor, Walked back & forth for school pick up
Saturday 4/23 - Taught a 1 hour Zumba Toning class
Sunday 4/24 - Rest Day!  Practiced Zumba & Silver Sneakers for about 20 minutes
Monday 4/25 - Taught a 1 hour Zumba Toning class, Taught a 1 hour Cardio Dance class, Walked back & forth from school for pick up
Tuesday 4/26 - Taught a 1 hour Silver Sneakers class, Walked back & forth for school pick up

All in all it's been a pretty good two weeks.  I've workout out a lot.  I didn't get to as many classes as I would have liked but at least I did some.  I didn't let it stop me that I could only do part of a class, I went anyway.  And it was fun...and hard!  I'm hoping to shake it up with something other than Zumba this weekend. 

Unfortunately the scale didn't show that much progress and I only lost 1 pound over these 2 weeks.  It was a little upsetting last week to see that I maintained and then again this week when I only lost 1 lb.  But I know some of it is fat turning to muscle.  I feel better, smaller & lighter.  Maybe one day I'll see it on the scale!

No comments:

Post a Comment