Last weekend we celebrated my birthday. This weekend we will celebrate Easter. I was going to take yet another week "off" and start fresh the Monday after Easter. Then I decided, why wait? So I'm back to it this week. I'll take Easter Sunday off to enjoy our traditional Polish breakfast and some candy. But that shouldn't be enough to derail all the good I'll do the rest of the days.
Part of the reason I decided to get my butt in gear was that I finally went to Zumba Toning Training on Saturday. It was an amazing day of fun and learning! I love everything about the Toning program and am working hard on getting my playlist together so I can start teaching classes. I love the mix of dancing and toning for maximum calorie burn. I feel like to teach this class I need to be in good shape and I am in my best shape when I am eating correctly.
I'm not going to do a run down of all that I have done the past month. I'll get back to that recap next week. But, here is a quick update on how my weekly goals have gone the past month:
1. Continue teaching at least 6 Zumba classes each week. I have been keeping up with this, most weeks I'm teaching 7-9 classes. I'm up to 9 standing classes for the next 2 weeks, but I've missed one or two in the past month. I'm tired but it's a good tired.
2. Attend at least 2 classes other than mine each week. I have been horrible with this one, barely going to any other classes. I did a Zumba jam session and the Zumba toning training. But other than that I haven't done anything other than my class.
3. Do at least 10 minutes of strength training
4. Do at least 60 minutes of yoga or pilates each week. Fail again. I don't think I've done any this past month.
5. Continue doing the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans monthly calendar. I finished the Lose Your Love Handles February challenge. I didn't like their March challenge since it was pushups & squats again, which we just did in Jan. So I decided to do last year's whole body challenge again. It was only one exercise each day but I couldn't keep up. I kept a list of what I didn't do and will do it this month in addition to the April Tone Your Body calendar.
Finally, my weigh in:
2/25 - 218
4/1 - 224
Change for the week - up 6 lbs in 5 weeks
Change for the year - down 1 lbs of the 52 lbs I'm trying to lose (13th week of the year)
Yikes!! I have some work to do! I'm leaving all of that in the past and moving on to the second quarter of the year. Here's to progress!!