1. Continue teaching at least 6 Zumba classes each week. I have 7 on my schedule right now and I'm super excited about it. I know things will change as the year goes on so I'm targeting 6 per week. That still gives me time to sub and time to take some other classes. I've been pretty much meeting this goal. May have missed a week due to the weather, but I think it's averaging out to 6 classes each week.
2. Finally get under 200 lbs. I don't know where I'm at right now, but I'm assuming it's around 220. I've had this as a goal for over a year now. It's happening this year
3. Get at least 2 new certifications and start teaching new classes. I'm signing up for Zumba toning in March and I'm so excited for it! I'm also doing a bunch of training at the YMCA and would like to get either spinning or step class certified. I'm also interested in Zumba Step, Gold & Aqua so we'll see which one works out best. I am officially licensed to teach Zumba toning!!! I am signed up for the group fitness license through the YMCA and will be signing up for the AFFA group fitness certification in September. Not sure any more Zumba training will work this year, but that is OK. I think Step will be in my future next year.
4. Attend at least 4 Zumba jams this year. That's one per quarter, I think that's doable. They are such a great experience. A fun way to learn new choreography, meet other instructors & burn over 2,000 calories. I've already gone to 2 so I'm ahead on this one, yay!
5. Attend at least 2 classes other than mine each week. This will be a stretch goal, but one I really need. I need some variety in my workouts to help lose the weight, tone things up and help me become a better instructor. This has been a big fail so far. I'm going to try to step my game up with this one this next 3 months before school is out and it's much harder to get to the gym.
6. Do at least 10 minutes of strength training at home 5 days each week. I'm going to start doing the 10 min kickboxing DVD I got last year for Christmas and then branch out from there. I know there are a ton of workouts online and other 10 minute DVDs so we'll see what I'll do when I get bored with kick boxing. This has been hit or miss the past 3 months. I'm doing a fitness calendar that is a 10 minute full body circuit this month so hopefully that will help me hit this goal.
7. Do at least 60 minutes of yoga or pilates each week. This will go hand in hand with goals 5 & 6. I will try to take at least one yoga class each week and if I don't make it, then I'll do it at home. Huge fail so far. There are now 2 yoga classes that fit great in my schedule so hopefully this will be easier.
8. Continue doing the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans monthly calendar. This is a habit for me now. I finished all 12 months last year & I saw the difference. I've already started January's squat & push up challenge. I finished January and February but fell off the wagon in March. I will be doubling up this month to finish both March and April.
1. Continue to menu plan every week & cook what I plan (or at least use up what I buy). This saves time and money and is also less calories than going out. I'm doing great with this goal!! Hope you enjoy me sharing my menu plan every week!
2. Use my new water infusing pitcher and try a different flavor each week. I currently have lime and grapefruit water. Next week I'm trying cucumber mint. Yum! I'm killing this one as well!! Love this pitcher and the variety of water I've tried!
3. Stay under my calorie goal 27 out of 30 (or 31) days each month. This gives me 3 days to "cheat" if I feel the need to. I will continue to use My Fitness Pal to track my calories and keep it set to lose 2 lbs/week. This has been up and down, probably why I haven't lost as much weight as I would have liked. Starting Monday I'm getting back to this!
1. Take at least one picture each day for the whole year. I have done this the past 2 years and I love it. It's a great way to look for the good in each day. Killing this one!
2. Continue to learn more about essential oils and possibly start selling them. I love how much they have already helped all of us! I'm doing great with this one as well. I use essential oils for everything now, love them. I've also started teaching classes and selling the oils to make a little money, basically enough to pay for my oils.
3. Read 12 books. My reading has fallen off recently but I have a ton of ideas and 2 book clubs so I have a lot of material to pick from. I've finished 2 books so far and am about 1/2 way through the 3rd one. Hoping over the summer I can pick up my reading a little.
4. Significantly declutter this house! I had this under control and now it seems out of control again. My main areas of focus will be the loft, basement and our closets. But there's clutter everywhere! I finished the loft and our closets yay! The basement is about half way done. My next area of focus is our spare room. I did take a break for about 2 weeks and put this daily time towards preparing our taxes, which are finally done!