Sunday, November 30, 2014

Keeping Up With...Food (Menu Plan 12/1 - 12/7)

Wow, this long weekend flew by!  We didn't get as much done as I would have liked, but we did get almost all of our Christmas decorating and shopping done.  I'll consider it a win.  I think this next month is going to be crazy for us.  I love Christmas and all the fun stuff that goes along with it.  But it's a lot of extra stuff on an already busy schedule.  We're only planning three special things, one each week this month, so hopefully spreading out the joy will help.

My Thanksgiving meal was a success!  Funny story about the turkey.  I got it all ready, put it in the disposable pan I remembered to buy (go me!) and couldn't find the pop up timer.  I thought it was weird, but knew I could figure out when the turkey would be done.  When we pulled it out Adrian went to carve it and said, this is weird all the dark meat is on the top.  Yeah, we cooked it upside down.  Oops!!  When we flipped it over, we found the pop up timer (and it was popped).  It was pretty funny...and the turkey was delicious!  I may cook it that way from now on.

My plate with a taste of everything
I still have some leftovers to use up so that will be the start of this week.  I also have a crazy schedule Monday and Tuesday so it's easy meals for us.  Here's what we'll be eating this week:

Monday - Bacon Meatloaf (Freezer meal) & leftover sides (this will hopefully finish everything)
Tuesday - Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
Wednesday - Turkey Soup - I froze enough to make this since I knew I wouldn't be able to make it this past weekend
Thursday - Taco Thursday for the boys, PTO Potluck Dinner Meeting for me.  I'm bringing the Broccoli Tortellini Salad
Friday - Buffalo Chicken Lasagna - hold over from this weekend.  Just didn't feel like cooking
Saturday - Easy Lasagna Toss (recipe from Relish), Crockpot Garlic Bread, and Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Bars - Late birthday celebration for my brother!
Sunday - Pork Loin with Apples and Coleslaw (recipe from Relish)

As always, I'm linking up with Laura at Mommy, Run Fast & Jill at Fitness, Health and Happiness.  Go check them out for some more yummy recipes!  Happy Thanksgiving!!


1 comment:

  1. Ha! Glad the turkey worked out! And I need to check out those chocolate pb dream bars.

    ReplyDelete