Monday, December 1, 2014

Keeping Up With...Workouts (TerraFit Week 3 of 12)

Well this was a rough week.  I was trying so hard to have Thanksgiving just be one day and then go right back to healthy eating on Friday.  Yeah, that didn't happen.  I ate bad all weekend.  Sigh.  I have a feeling this is going to be a very rough month.  I really need to limit the bad eating to only the specific days or parties.  This week alone I have a pot luck and a birthday party to try to survive.  And it gets worse from there.  Thankful I have so many Zumba classes to teach!

I've talked about the food aspect and the workout aspect of this challenge.  Today I'll talk a little about the oils.  I'm new to essential oils and I am a very quick fan!  I can't believe how well they work for me and the boys.  I now use numerous oils for things, but I'll stick with the three that I'm using for this challenge today.  I'm using either Lemon oil or the Slim and Sassy blend in my water every day.  I love how this flavors my water while helping me feel healthier and more energetic.  I try to switch back and forth each day, but tend to use Slim and Sassy more often.  I was using these before this challenge.

The other oil I'm using now is peppermint.  I bought it when we had a stomach virus come thru the house but now I use it daily.  I rub it on the back of my neck before working out.  It helps with my breathing and also gives me a little energy kick.  Last weekend when I had my 3 hour Zumba training, I hit the wall around hour 2.  I rubbed some on my neck & was ready to go for the next hour.  Awesome!!


I had a great week of working out, but with all the extra Zumba and cooking/cleaning I was really sore Friday and Saturday.  I rested on Sunday even though I had planned to workout that day.  I felt my body needed the second rest day.  I think it worked as I am back to myself today.

Here's how the week looked:
Monday - Taught a 60 minute Zumba class
Tuesday - Taught a 60 minute Zumba class
Wednesday - Taught a 90 minute Zumba class
Thursday - Rest day (except for a ton of cooking and cleaning!)
Friday - Taught a 45 minute Zumba class, then took a 45 minute Zumba class.  Fun time team teaching with a great friend!
Saturday - Taught a 60 minute Zumba class
Sunday - Rest day

Weigh Ins:
11/24 - 216
12/1 - 219

 Up 3 lbs after eating pretty much all carbs all the time this weekend.  Not surprised at all.  Can you imagine how bad it would have been if I didn't do all that Zumba??

No comments:

Post a Comment