Sunday, November 23, 2014

Keeping Up With...Food (Menu Plan for Thanksgiving)

I'm keeping it short and sweet this week because I'm overwhelmed with stuff to do that either hasn't gotten done in the past week or has to get done before we host on Thursday.  I'm sure it will all get done, it always does.

I did great following my menu plan last week and I'm so thankful that I had the meals planned and shopped for.  I was able to cook dinner every night, saving money on take out.  And I stayed under my calorie goal every night, hoping to see a loss on the scale tomorrow because of that.

This week I'm keeping it very simple.  We're having leftovers or freezer meals Monday through Wednesday and any extra time I gain will be used to prep my Thanksgiving feast.  I'm sure I won't feel like cooking on Friday, so we'll do leftovers again.  Saturday we have nothing planned so I'm going to make Buffalo Chicken Lasagna.  Sunday I will be gone from 4:00-7:00 so we will either have leftovers or a freezer meal.  My normal cooking will pick back up the next week.

Here's what we're eating for Thanksgiving:

Breakfast:
Bagels for the adults
Donuts for the kids

Lunch:
Appetizers since dinner will be around 4:00

Dinner:
Turkey (it's already thawing)
Mashed Potatoes - I add cheese & sour cream and everyone really likes them
Sausage Stuffing
Green beans wrapped in bacon
Cornbread Corn Pudding
Broccoli Cheese Casserole
Balsamic Brussels Sprouts - I sub almonds for pecans
Homemade applesauce - with apples we picked this fall
Bread
Gravy

Dessert:
Fudge Covered Oreos - the boys recently discovered these and we are going to try to make them
Pumpkin Brownies
Cheesecake
Peanut Butter Cheesecake

As always, I'm linking up with Laura at Mommy, Run Fast & Jill at Fitness, Health and Happiness.  Go check them out for some more yummy recipes!  Happy Thanksgiving!!


 

1 comment: