Monday, November 24, 2014

Keeping Up With...Workouts (TerraFit Week 2 of 12)

Last week I gave you a quick update on a new challenge that I'm doing and talked a little about the food portion of it.  I kind of killed the food portion this week, eating almost only from the healthy food list, except for my daily morning coffee with cream.  I was under my calorie goal six of the seven days.  The only day I would have been over was yesterday, when I didn't exercise.  I didn't go crazy and eat all the things, I just ate what I normally would.  I know I'm about 200-300 calories over my calorie goal of 1250/day if I don't exercise.

This week I'll talk a little about the workout side of the challenge.  I get points for working out for at least 30 minutes each day five days each week.  The other two days should be rest days and I get points for those too.  Easy!!  I also get bonus points for following their TerraFit workout schedule.  Not so easy.

The TerraFit workout is their own set of workout DVDs, similar to P90X, Insanity, etc.  Those who have been reading for a while know that I kind of suck at those kinds of things.  I'm just not great about working out at home.  I always choose to do other things around the house that need done, then I get too tired and don't want to.  I made an effort, but I seriously haven't had a minute to try to do these workouts.

I'm teaching 5-7 Zumba classes each week so I'm getting a ton of cardio.  What I need is some more strength training.  I do the monthly calendar challenges, but I feel like that's not enough.  My goal for this challenge is to do a strength training workout three times per week.  Last week I did one.  This past week I did none.  And this week isn't looking great, I'm super busy getting ready for Thanksgiving so I'm probably only doing my classes.  I'm really hoping to find make some time starting in December.

All in all, I had a pretty great week.  Here's how the workouts looked:
Monday - Taught an hour long Zumba class, walked to school once
Tuesday - Taught an hour long Zumba class, rode the bike 15 minutes
Wednesday - Taught an hour long Zumba class
Thursday - Taught an hour long Zumba class, did elliptical for 15 minutes
Friday - Taught an hour long Zumba class, walked to school once
Saturday - Three hour Zumba Jam - it was awesome!!
Sunday - Planned rest day

Weigh Ins:
11/17 - 219
11/24 - 216

Yay!!  Down 3 pounds in a week.  It's amazing what happens when you eat right and exercise.  :)  This week will be tough, but I'm determined!!

No comments:

Post a Comment