Sunday, March 21, 2021

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan 3/21 - 3/27)

We had another great week of following our meal plan and even though it was a busy week, I was able to keep up with all of the cooking. Everything was delicious again this week and we discovered something else the boys will eat, sloppy joes. Daniel didn't love them, but the other two boys said they were good and would eat them again. Adrian and I did not do a good job of sticking to our healthy eating plan this week, especially not me. I think the stress of a few things going on caught up with me and stress eating took over. I will try to reign it in a bit this week, but it's going to be a weird and stressful week here. Here are some of the highlights of our food last week.

After over a year, the boys and I are finally going back to school this week! Each boy will be going 4 days each week, with one day of virtual learning, for the next 9 weeks. I will also be back to subbing 4 or 5 days each week depending on what else is going on with our schedules. We go to school for a week and then have spring break for a week before finishing up the last 8 weeks of the school year. So this week is going to be our first time on a schedule in a long time, but then it leads into my birthday, spring break and Easter week. I am also taking each boy out to lunch on their own this week on their virtual day, and Adrian and I are going out to dinner on Friday. So while I will try to eat well some of the week, I know there will be a lot of celebrating and junk food over the next two weeks and that is OK with me.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Turkey Pot Pie (with the remaining leftover turkey from last week - so good!!)
Monday - Chicken Marsala and Broccoli Rice Casserole
Tuesday - Tacos and Chips and Dip for the holiday
Wednesday - Cheesesteaks and Salads for the holiday
Thursday - Waffles and Bacon for the holiday (was going to make waffles for breakfast but not with everyone going to school, too early! I bumped them to dinner)
Friday - OUT to Forty Duece and Cooper's Hawk for shakes, burgers and wine for my birthday!
Saturday - Paella for the holiday (and ice cream cake for dessert!)

Water Flavor - Again I'm having orange water. This was the last week for school lunch pick ups so I'll be using up the rest of the oranges and then figuring out a new fruit for the water. I have also thought about making some orange juice with all of the oranges to use in smoothies, but right now we have a lot of milk to use up so I'm using that in my smoothies.

Baking - I'm not doing any baking this week because we have some soda bread left over and lots of breakfast food from our school meals this week. We are getting an ice cream cake from Cold Stone Creamery for my birthday on Saturday. While that's not baking, it's still a fun dessert/baked good that we will have this week. And I'm also making these Buffalo Chick Peas to have for lunch on the two days that I will be in the schools for lunch this week since I'm not sure if I'll have access to a microwave or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment