Monday, March 1, 2021

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan 2/28 - 3/6)

Well I thought I did really great following last week's meal plan, then I looked and realized I bumped a meal from last week to this week. I couldn't figure out what happened at first, then realized that Monday was such a busy day that I decided to go out for dinner with friends instead of cooking. So that bumped most of our meals by a day and bumped the burgers and fries to this week. Everything I made last week was delicious and we have a fully stocked fridge of leftovers right now. I'm not sure why I didn't plan a day of leftovers this week (I usually do!) but I may need to bump a meal to next week so we can catch up on some of the food in the fridge. Here are a few photo highlights of last week's meals.

Thankfully this week is no where near as busy as last week was! We do have something most nights this week, but all of our afternoons are free so that gives me plenty of time to get things done and get dinner together. We also have nothing on the calendar this weekend and are looking forward to some time relaxing after a busy February! I have planned out all of our meals for March again, the same as I did for February. I liked how that worked because it really lessened my prep time each week. However it's hard when we have a change of plans, food craving or I see a fun recipe I want to make. I think for now I'm going to continue planning a month at a time and maybe reevaluate after the summer when we are hopefully back up to a more normal schedule of school and work. Adrian and I are committed to eating healthy (again!) and we're hoping to go 25 straight days this month, right up to my birthday weekend.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Beef Stew to celebrate International Scouse Day
Monday -  Spinach & Asiago Burgers and French Fries in the Air Fryer (carryover from last week)
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday! Beef for the boys and I'm going to make this braised beef over a lime coleslaw for the adults
Wednesday - Sandwiches or Deli Salads to celebrate National Cold Cuts Day 
Thursday - Lemon Pork Chops and Potatoes
Friday - Chicken Parmesan with Zoodles
Saturday - Everything Bagel Chicken (hopefully in the air fryer using the rotisserie setting) with Butternut Squash Risotto in our instant pot

Water Flavor - Apple. I found a few apples that needed to be used up right away so I cut them up in to the water for this week. It will be nice to have a break from the orange water this week. 

Baking - I'm slowing down on my baking a bit since Adrian and I are trying to eat healthy again. I will be doing healthy muffins for us for breakfast so I may make these butternut squash muffins this week, but I may hold off until next week since we have cranberry applesauce muffins from last weekend already. I am making a batch of pumpkin chocolate chip bars for AJ this week since he's struggling with finding soft things to eat for breakfast with his braces on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment