Monday, April 5, 2021

Keeping Up With...2021 Goals (Weekly Recap 3/15 - 3/21)

This week marked the end of our year long virtual school adventure. While there are lots of things I will miss about having the boys at home, I'm thrilled for them that they get to head back into the classroom. And I am also thrilled to be heading back to work as a substitute teacher. I will miss all of our time together though, it was nice being in our little bubble and being so involved in what they were doing most days. I will say that I thought all along that I did not want to home school my little angels and I was 100% correct on that decision! Another step towards normal this week was Adrian getting his first dose of the vaccine and me scheduling mine. And I finally cut my COVID hair since I'll be heading back to work next week! 

Other than our normal school and work routine this week, we finished the week with a family trip to the Air Force Museum in Dayton. We went with AJ's Scout troop and had a great time walking around for about 3 hours. It started a little slow because we spent too much time in the history of flight room with the rest of the troop. But once we all split up and we headed for the back of the museum, we had a great time. We all loved seeing all of the old Air Force One planes that flew various presidents and also seeing the different space aircraft the Air Force has made. It was a very interesting morning and we would have liked to stay longer but we all got tired and hungry so we headed out after about 3 hours. We stopped for a quick drive thru lunch and then headed home to finish our Saturday with some board games and video games. 
Here's how I did on my goals this week.

Working on Myself:

  • Lose 50 pounds by exercising 5 days each week and walking at least 400 miles this year -  I walked about 16.5 miles this week for a total of 106.5 miles so far this year. I've accomplished just over 1/4 of this goal and we're not yet 1/4 of the way thru the year so I'm very happy with my progress so far. I maintained for my weight which is OK since my eating wasn't the best.
  • Read 15 books for fun - I took a break from "The Goldfinch" this week, and read about half of "How to Fight a Dragon's Fury" the final book in the How to Train Your Dragon series. I'm about 75% done with that book and should finish early next week. 
  • Write Scripture(s) every day this year - I have done this all 80 days so far this year. I'm really enjoying this practice so far this year. For March I picked a plan focused on perseverance which feels appropriate for the season of life I'm in. 
  • Attend 12 6 Zumba jam sessions to improve my teaching skills - I attended 1 jam in January and was registered for one in March however we had something else come up that day so I postponed it until April. I am probably leaving my Zumba classes paused until August so I adjusted this goal down to only 6 jams this year. I will do the one in April and then wait until I am back up and running teaching classes to attend any more.
Working on Family:
  • Play all 152 of our board games together (either just Adrian and I or as a family) - We played 3 games this week for a total of 46 games so far this year. We played Escape with the boys and then played Floor Plan and Evolution as a couple. We also played Alhambra which we borrowed from CABS and neither of us were fans. We'll try it once more to see if it gets better, but thankful we can borrow to try before buying! You can follow along on my thoughts on each game on this webpage
  • Do 10 home improvement/reorganization projects - We didn't really have time to work on any of these projects this weekend. We are not planning to do a new project in April, but plan to finish up the play room and the garage.
  • Pay off all of our outstanding credit card debit and don't incur any additional debt - We shifted our big payment to our only remaining credit card balance this month. If everything goes according to plan, we will pay this off this year and be done with all of our credit card debt!
  • Watch 50 movies together and continue watching TV series together - This week we watched "Yes Day" and "Mighty Ducks" bringing our total to 12 movies for the year. We all really liked both movies, they were very funny. We also finished season 1 of "Secrets of Sulphur Springs" which we all loved and can't wait for season 2!! We are excited for two new series starting soon, Falcon and the Winter Soldier this week and Mighty Ducks next week.
  • Celebrate a holiday every day this year - This week we celebrated National Peanut Lovers Day, National Panda Day, St Patrick's Day, Sloppy Joe Day, Chocolate Caramel Day, Ravioli Day and International Poetry Day. Below are a few picture highlights of our holidays. I'm also chronicling them on Facebook so if we aren't friends there, feel free to add me or follow along at #CelebrateEveryDay

No comments:

Post a Comment