Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Keeping Up With...2021 Goals (Weekly Recap 3/1 - 3/7)

This week has been so much calmer than last week, thankfully! We are also thankful the weather seems to be turning and it was much nicer this week so we spent a lot of time outside this week. I spent the beginning of the week catching up on stuff that I didn't get done this weekend and resting after overdoing it all weekend. I'm thankful the boys have found their groove with school and need very little help from me to have a successful week! They all did a great job this week and Zak is very proud of himself for finishing his first research paper about zebras. It was a normal week for us, the first one in what feels like a very long time. Adrian and I both worked a lot this week, but that was OK since we didn't really have anything else going on this week. Then we had a typical weekend for us of playing board games all day Saturday and cleaning the house all day on Sunday. Not the most exciting week, but exactly what we needed right now.

Here's how I did on my goals this week.

 Working on Myself:

  • Lose 50 pounds by exercising 5 days each week and walking at least 400 miles this year -  I really refocused this week on diet and exercising, the little bit of exercise that I am able to do. Adrian and I committed to eating well for the next 25 days and then we'll take the weekend off for my birthday. I walked about 17 miles this week for a total of 78 miles so far this year. And I lost 6 of the pounds I gained in February
  • Read 15 books for fun - I read about 15% of "The Goldfinch" this week. It is super long and will take me a while to finish. I will read it for one more week and then it's due back so I'll take a break and read 1 or 2 other books and come back to it. 
  • Write Scripture(s) every day this year - I have done this all 66 days so far this year. I'm really enjoying this practice so far this year. For March I picked a plan focused on perseverance which feels appropriate for the season of life I'm in. 
  • Attend 12 Zumba jam sessions to improve my teaching skills - I attended 1 jam in January and was registered for one in March however we had something else come up that day so I postponed it until April. I may still try to find one to jump in to in March, depending what the doctor says next week.
Working on Family:
  • Play all 152 of our board games together (either just Adrian and I or as a family) - We played 5 games this week for a total of 39 games so far this year. We played Code Names and Dixit with the boys and then played Dinosaur Island, Dungeon and Dungeon Petz as a couple. We technically borrowed Dinosaur Island but we both loved it so we traded 2 other games for it and will own it very soon. You can follow along on my thoughts on each game on this webpage
  • Do 10 home improvement/reorganization projects - We finished up organizing and decluttering the game closet this weekend. We got rid of a bag of trash and about 15 games that the boys either outgrew or we would never play. It looks so much nicer, as you can see from the pictures below. We also planned out the rest of the month, including boarding Rocky for a night over spring break so we can paint the kitchen.
  • Before
    After

  • Pay off all of our outstanding credit card debit and don't incur any additional debt - We shifted our big payment to our only remaining credit card balance this month. If everything goes according to plan, we will pay this off this year and be done with all of our credit card debt!
  • Watch 50 movies together and continue watching TV series together - This week we didn't watch any movies so we're still at 8 for the year. This goal may be harder now that the boys are going back to school, but we'll still make our best effort to hit it. We did watch a bunch of TV shows including finishing "WandaVision" which was fantastic. We also started a new series, "Green Eggs and Ham" on Doctor Suess' birthday when we realized we had seen all of the movies by him and would rather bing watch 3 episodes of this show.
  • Celebrate a holiday every day this year - This week we celebrated International Compliment Day, Read Across America Day, Cold Cut Day, Snack Day, Cheese Doodle Day, Oreo Day and Cereal Day. Below are a few picture highlights of our holidays. I'm also chronicling them on Facebook so if we aren't friends there, feel free to add me or follow along at #CelebrateEveryDay

No comments:

Post a Comment