Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan 3/14 - 3/20)

We had another pretty good week of eating and sticking to our meal plan last week. I ran out of energy over the weekend, but I'm glad I forced myself to cook on Saturday because it was delicious and I stuck to my healthy eating all week. We had our first not great dinner in a long time this week, the sausage stuffed peppers were a swing and a miss for us. It's been a long time since we had a meal that we didn't really like so I'm not all that surprised that we finally hit one. It's always a risk to keep trying new recipes, we've just been super lucky that we've liked everything we've made for months! Here are a few of our food highlights this week.

This week starts with a family dinner so I'll probably eat more than normal on Sunday. Then I'll pull back and get back on my plan of counting calories and eating well until the 26th of this month. We are making some progress on the deep freeze in the basement and doing a great job of keeping up with stuff in our fridge. Too bad our freezer in the garage is now busting at the seams. Next month I will be figuring out how to use up all of the frozen things that we've gotten over the past 6 months from school lunches. I'm going to try to make a few healthier and have the kids eat some of them as well.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Roast Turkey with Cheddar Broccoli Rice, Air Fried Brussels Sprouts and Applesauce
Monday - Thai Peanut Chicken Lo Mein
Tuesday - Turkey Noodle Soup for the adults, Tacos for the kids
Wednesday - Kielbasa with Cabbage and Apples since we don't like corned beef
Thursday - Sloppy Joes (that's the holiday for the day)
Friday - Leftovers
Saturday - Ravioli (that's the holiday for the day)

Water Flavor - Orange. I still have a drawer full of oranges. I'm considering making orange juice out of some of them and using it in my smoothies when I'm not getting a gallon of milk for free each week. School lunches will stop after this week when the kids go back to school so I'll be getting creative to use up what we have.

Baking - I'm back to baking some this week. I'm making chocolate pie on Sunday for dessert to celebrate Pi Day. And I'm also making my first ever Irish Soda Bread for Saint Patrick's Day on Wednesday. I'm also buying an apple pie for Sunday (I don't do pies, not my forte) and green donuts for breakfast on Wednesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment