Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Keeping Up With...2021 Goals (Weekly Recap 3/8 - 3/14)

This past week was a bit tougher than previous weeks, but we survived. It started out fun with us watching a few scenes from Hamilton since AJ is learning about the debates between Hamilton and Jefferson. But then it went downhill from there. Rocky was not feeling well so I had a long (and expensive!) vet appointment for her during the week. We had lots of schedule changes this week since the teachers in our district got their second vaccines and a large number had to call out on Thursday and Friday. There was a lot of bickering between the boys which then caused me to be cranky all week too. But thankfully it ended with a jam packed but fun weekend! And we are putting this week behind us and hoping for a great last week of virtual school this week!
The weekend was jam packed for us, which is why this is a little later than usual. It started with Adrian and Zak heading to bowling on Saturday, where Zak continued to improve and raised his average for the third week in a row. While they were there, I went out to breakfast with two dear friends. We had a great meal and lots of laughs!! Then I headed to church to work for a few hours and was pleasantly surprised to finish up almost an hour earlier than I expected. We finished Saturday with board games and relaxing watching TV. After changing the clocks Sunday morning, we watched church from home and then got ready to have my brother and his family over. We had a great afternoon with them, the kids played outside most of the time while the adults chatted. We feasted on turkey and sides and then had pie for dessert since it was Pi Day. I didn't get a lot done around the house, but it was an awesome weekend for sure!!

Here's how I did on my goals this week.

 Working on Myself:

  • Lose 50 pounds by exercising 5 days each week and walking at least 400 miles this year -  I stayed focused this week on diet and exercising, the little bit of exercise that I am able to do. I was actually able to do a little bit of Zumba this week and push myself a bit. I walked about 12 miles this week for a total of 90 miles so far this year. And I lost another pound this week, so I'm down 6 pounds so far this year.
  • Read 15 books for fun - I read another 5% of "The Goldfinch" this week, and am about 20% done the book. It is super long and will take me a while to finish. I returned it to the library and started reading "How to Fight a Dragon's Fury" the final book in the How to Train Your Dragon series. I'm about 25% done with that book.
  • Write Scripture(s) every day this year - I have done this all 73 days so far this year. I'm really enjoying this practice so far this year. For March I picked a plan focused on perseverance which feels appropriate for the season of life I'm in. 
  • Attend 12 Zumba jam sessions to improve my teaching skills - I attended 1 jam in January and was registered for one in March however we had something else come up that day so I postponed it until April. I may still try to find one to jump in to in March, depending what the doctor says next week.
Working on Family:
  • Play all 152 of our board games together (either just Adrian and I or as a family) - We played 4 games this week for a total of 43 games so far this year. We played Deception with the boys and then played Dominion, Everdell and Dungeon Roll as a couple. Everdell is one of our favorite games, we just bought a kickstarter to own the whole set of expansions for the game, can't wait to get those and start exploring them! You can follow along on my thoughts on each game on this webpage
  • Do 10 home improvement/reorganization projects - We decided on what the decor in the playroom will look like this weekend and split the work up between Adrian and I. We are hoping to get that done this coming weekend, as well as finish organizing the garage.
  • Pay off all of our outstanding credit card debit and don't incur any additional debt - We shifted our big payment to our only remaining credit card balance this month. If everything goes according to plan, we will pay this off this year and be done with all of our credit card debt!
  • Watch 50 movies together and continue watching TV series together - This week we watched "X-Men: First Class" and "Rear Window" bringing our total to 10 for the year. This goal may be harder now that the boys are going back to school, but we'll still make our best effort to hit it. None of us liked "Rear Window" so we actually turned it off about halfway through, but I'm still counting it. We also started a new series "Secrets of Sulphur Springs" which we all love and pretty much binging it right now. We'll probably be done the first season next week.
  • Celebrate a holiday every day this year - This week we again celebrated 8 holidays because we doubled up on Monday. We celebrated International Women's Day, National Peanut Cluster Day, National Meatball Sub Day, Johnny Appleseed Day, Mario Day, Alfred Hitchcock Day, Donald Duck Day, and Pi Day. Below are a few picture highlights of our holidays. I'm also chronicling them on Facebook so if we aren't friends there, feel free to add me or follow along at #CelebrateEveryDay

No comments:

Post a Comment