Monday, July 27, 2020

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for July 26 - Aug 1)

We had another really great week following our meal plan last week. We decided to buy dinner at Zoombeezi Bay on Friday night so I made the Thai Chicken Salad over the weekend so I'll have it ready for lunches this week. I enjoyed a few days off in the kitchen this weekend since I didn't cook Friday night and then Sunday I was out most of the day so we just had leftovers for dinner than night too. It was a very nice break from what feels like constant cooking!!

This week is the week we should have been finishing up what we have in the fridge and heading to the Outerbanks. Instead we aren't going anywhere this summer. My parents are planning to come in this weekend and my mom will stay for just over a week between my house and my brother's house. I'm glad they are coming, but I am bummed that we didn't get the big family vacation this year.

We continue to get delicious fruits and veggies from our CSA and I'm continuing to base my meals around them. I'm taking another trip to Costco this week so I'll restock us on some chicken and pork and we should be pretty set up for the rest of the summer. I'm sure I'll still need some filler trips, but hopefully they won't be very big. I'm not sure what we're doing after the summer since we're still waiting for a decision from our school district. As soon as we decide what the boys are doing for school for this semester, then I'll figure out if I'm going back to work or not. So much that we still don't know, I'm trying really hard not to stress about it!
Here's what I do know, what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Leftovers
Monday - Air Fried Salmon, Corn in the Instant Pot and Sauteed Zucchini
Tuesday - Tacos (beef for the kids, shrimp for the adults)
Wednesday - Parmesan Garlic Chicken & Zucchini and Kale Chips
Thursday - Kale and Bean Soup and Green Bean Salad
Friday - Out at Zoombeezi Bay again
Saturday - Out at my brother's house

Water Flavor - Strawberry Pear. I still have an overabundance of pears so I'm using them up in the water. One pear isn't always enough so I cut up 2 strawberries to complete the sweet flavor for this week.

Baking - I'm making white chocolate cranberry scones for Adrian and I for breakfasts this week.  I'm also making lemon blueberry bread at the end of the week using the last Amish Friendship Bread starter that I had in the freezer. I'll probably keep all 4 starts this time and freeze them all.

Other - I'm hosting my parents for lunch on Friday so I'll have lots of different meats and cheeses to make sandwiches. I'm also going to use some of my fresh cabbage and make an Asian Cabbage Salad for a side. And I'm going to use up some of my beets to make Beet Hummus to pick on Friday and all of next week while we have people in out and all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment