Sunday, July 19, 2020

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 7/10 - 7/16)

Friday (7/10) We all slept in a little today and then woke up to not great weather. We were supposed to do Zak's pick of Zoombeezi Bay today but they were forcasting thunderstorms on and off all day, and especially during the time we wanted to bed there. So we decided to scrap the trip this week and schedule two for next week instead. We had a lazy day at home instead today. We did a few things around the house, including opening up and washing our tie die shirts that we made last week. AJ's and Zak's came out great, the other three are just OK. We took a break in the afternoon to head to Orange Leaf for our weekly ice cream trip out. It was different than before COVID, but they did a good job of getting us our ice cream and keeping us all safe. After we got home from there, we spent the rest of the day working around the house, watching TV and playing board games while the boys played video games. Adrian and I played this month's Pandemic Legacy game and we lost again. We also played Hanabi and lost, maybe today wasn't a good day for cooperative games. I wasn't feeling great so I headed to bed early tonight to be ready to get up early for training tomorrow.

Saturday (7/11) Today started super early for me since I signed up for Zumba training today. They offered us "Virtual Pro" for free and we could take it with any trainer we wanted. I picked one of my favorites that I have been dying to take a training with, Steve Boedt. I signed up for the training weeks ago, it said it was 12:30pm. It was...his time, which is in Brussels. So I had to get up and be ready for training at 6:30am. Yawn. It was fun though because the training was good and I learned a few new tips. I also had my friend Chris come over to do the training here with me so we got to catch up on all the things we've missed over the past few months. And it was done by 11am so I had the rest of the day to do whatever I wanted.
After training, the boys and Adrian were finally up and moving and we headed out to go on a walk with Rocky. We were supposed to go to Blendon Woods, but we had a few errands to run in the other direction so we went back to Quarry Park instead. We had a great, long hike in the beautiful park and Rocky enjoyed every second. Then we ran a few errands and finally came back home. We played our last family game for the week, a new to us game called 7 Wonders. We all enjoyed it but thought it was a little confusing. I pulled out a win at the very end!!

After that, the boys headed upstairs to play video games and Adrian and I got to work around the house since we have largely been ignoring everything around here. After working for a few hours and making pasta for dinner, I was pretty tired so we decided to play a few game. We played Castles of Burgundy and Roll for the Galaxy and I won both! I was really on a win streak today with our board games. When we finished playing, we watched an episode of "This is Us" and then all 5 of us headed to bed for the night, exhausted after a full day!

Sunday (7/12) Today we all slept in since it's our last official day of vacation. Things won't change too much tomorrow but Adrian will be back to working from home everyday and I will go back to teaching 4 Zumba classes each week. We are also trying to finish up a few projects around the house and will be figuring out what we're doing for the school year next year. It's pretty stressful around here right now and I'm thankful we had a week off to just relax and enjoy being together. We will probably do this again around Christmas time.

Anyway, today was not too exciting. We got a lot of work done around the house all day. Adrian and I were supposed to go out for date night, but he has been coughing and sneezing a lot the past few days & we just don't feel comfortable going somewhere and not wearing masks just in case he is sick. I've also been coughing and sneezing but mine has been ongoing since May so I'm assuming it's just allergies. We got just about everything done around the house that we needed to get done and I even sneaked in a little nap this afternoon. We had leftovers for dinner to keep it easy for all of us. We finished the night by watching "Holey Moley" with the boys before putting them to bed at a normal hour again. Then Adrian and I relived my youth and watched "Supermarket Sweep" on Netflix. So much fun to watch that show again, great memories of watching it with my family!!

Monday (7/13) Back to reality today! I got up and moving early because I had an appointment for my annual mammogram this morning. Adrian got up and moving and headed back to work in our bedroom. I headed out to my appointment and to pick up a few groceries on my way home. The day didn't really go as planned with lots of things not going smoothly, but I made the best of it as it came. It wasn't anything big, just a lot of little inconviences. And I honestly think part of it is that I haven't had to be many places on time for the past few months so it's weird to have to stick to a schedule. After I got home and situated after my errands, the boys and I got back to their normal daily stuff for the summer.

The rest of the afternoon passed quickly between working with them, getting dinner ready and getting ready for Zumba tonight. After dinner, I headed out to the church and my bad luck continued when I realized I forgot the tripod at home. Thankfully I was early enough to run back home and still start class close to on time. We had a super fun class and it felt great to be back to teaching after a week off!! While I was at class, Adrian took AJ to Scouts and then worked on cleaning up our back yard a bit. When we all got back home, we watched last week's episode of "Don't" and then got the kids to bed. After they were in bed, Adrian and I watched another episode of "This is Us" and then we also headed to bed for the night. It was exhausting getting back to our regular schedule!
Tuesday (7/14) Today I got up and moving a little earlier than I wanted to because there was a Zumba mini jam at 9am that I wanted to watch. It was such a great jam, the two jammers are awesome and I loved both songs! After the jam, I got the boys started on their day including getting thru our normal daily stuff this morning instead of the afternoon like we normally do. Soon after lunch, Zak had one of his friends from school over to play for a while. All 4 boys enjoyed playing together and did a great job of playing video games and playing outside. I barely even knew there was another kid here, although they were a little loud and disrupted one of Adrian's conference calls. Oops!!
After he was picked up, I got tacos together for dinner for everyone then continued working around the house. I was supposed to teach Aqua Zumba tonight but no one signed up for it so we decided to cancel it again this week. I got a ton of stuff done around the house and also got a Daily Burn workout done for the first time in a few weeks. The afternoon and evening passed quickly and I was super productive. Adrian worked late and then helped me get cleaned up from dinner when he was done. We finished the day with a family movie night watching Zak's pick of "Antman & the Wasp." We are nearly done rewatching all of the Marvel movies! After the movie, we put the boys to bed and watched a quick episode of "Parks and Rec" before we also headed to bed. We have an early morning tomorrow so I'm hoping we all get a good night of sleep.

Wednesday (7/15) We were all up and moving early for a bonus vacation day today. Zak's pick for last week was Zoombeezi Bay. He wanted to go and do a bunch of the slides and we planned to go on Friday for a few hours before they did the movie, then stay for the movie. However there were thunderstorms forecast for the time we were planning to go, so we bumped it to today. Adrian took the day off of work and we dropped Rocky off at daycare, got our swimsuits on and our stuff together and headed out. We got there around 10:30 and quickly started playing in the water. We had a great time in the wave pool, babboon lagoon and riding a few of the bigger slides. We were there for just over 3 hours and it started to get really hot and crowded so we decided to head out for the day. We stopped at Sonic on the way home to grab lunch and shakes and then retreated to our air conditioning. It was a little shorter than we thought it would be, but Zak did everything he wanted to do and said it was an awesome day so we accomplished what we wanted!!
We got home just in time for me to tune in to today's Zumba jam session. Everyone else headed upstairs to shower and play video games while I jumped online and learned two new choreographies. After the jam, I got my shower and started getting ready for work at the church tonight. Adrian and I had a delicious dinner together before I headed out to work at the church for an hour. I love having that hour to dedicate to working on my Zumba classes while helping with worship practice as well. While I was there, Adrian did his weekly Bible study over Zoom from our bedroom. When we were both done, we cleaned up from dinner and took Rocky for a walk. Then we checked out a new to us show "The Floor is Lava." The boys loved it and we were all cracking up and cheering on all of the teams! After the show, we got the boys down to bed and watched an episode of "Parks and Rec" before also heading to bed because we were exhausted after the day outside.

Thursday (7/16) We all slept in a little bit this morning and I got up just in time to jump online for another Zumba jam. I loved all of the songs and choreo from a very talented jammer! After the jam, I got the boys ready for their day and started working on a bunch of stuff around the house. AJ had a Zoom call with his merit badge counselor this afternoon and officially earned his Art merit badge! He did a great job talking to the counselor and explaining all that he learned, I was very proud of him. When he finished, I got the boys thru their daily stuff and then continued working on my stuff. I recorded two new Zumba classes to use on their new Studio platform today and I'm glad I finally made the time to get that done!
I was supposed to teach a Zumba class at the church tonight but I didn't have enough people register so I opted to cancel it. I took the extra time to get caught up on stuff around here and enjoy an extra long walk with Rocky and Adrian. Adrian worked pretty late today since he took yesterday off and there is some urgent work that he needs to get done over the next week or so. After dinner and cleaning up, we watched another episode of "The Floor is Lava" with the kids and then got them down to bed. Then Adrian and I watched an episode of "This is Us" from last season and then headed to bed as well. We were still pretty tired from yesterday, it's been a long & somewhat stressful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment