Friday, July 24, 2020

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 7/17 - 7/23)

Friday (7/17) We all slept in this morning and got a late start on everything. I was very tired and unmotivated today, I think the stress of the week really caught up with me today. I did what I could to get a few things done this morning and afternoon but I really struggled. I did get the boys thru their stuff for the day and we're pretty much done everything for them for the week. Late in the afternoon AJ and Zak had a med check at the pediatrician so we grabbed our masks and headed there. They are both doing great and we can continue doing what we're doing. We got the pediatrician's opinion about going to school in the fall, but I still don't know what we'll decide to do. After the appointment, we ran to the library to return a few books and pick up a movie and a few new books.

We thought about heading to Zoombeezi Bay tonight but it was SO hot and it was pretty late after we finished up at the doctor so we decided not to head out there this week. Instead since I was still struggling with my motivation, we decided to head out to dinner for the first time in probably 6 months. The boys have been asking to go to Red Robin since my birthday so we decided to head there for dinner. We had a great time and enjoyed our mac and cheese (Daniel & Zak), pizza (AJ), burgers (Adrian and I) and bottomless fries (all of us!) When we got home, we had family movie night and watched Adrian's pick of "National Lampoon's Vacation." Zak was not at all interested so he went upstairs to play video games, but the rest of us all enjoyed it. After the movie, we got the boys to bed, watched an episode of "Parks and Rec" and also headed to bed. Hoping for a better weekend!
Saturday (7/18) I got a great night of sleep even if I had to get up and moving a little sooner than I wanted to. I headed to the church to teach a small but super fun Zumba class this morning. It was great to start the day with some movement and some great conversation! When I got home, Adrian and I decided we didn't want to do anything all day except play games, so that's pretty much all we did. We played: Agricola (I won), Potion Explosion (Adrian won), That's So Clever (I won), Pandemic Legacy for July (we won), Sushi Go Party with the boys (I won), 51st State (Adrian won) and Roll for the Galaxy (Adrian won). We also enjoyed a nice bottle of chardonnay and a few TV shows in between all of the games. The boys played video games most of the day and had a great day. We again let them stay up until midnight, as has become our tradition since all of this started. When they went to bed we tried to watch a little more of the episode of "This is Us" that we were in the middle of but we were just too tired so we headed to bed too. It was a great recharge day!!

Sunday (7/19) After another great night of sleep, we got up and moving this morning and finally headed back to live service at church. We've been "going" online for the past few months, but it's just not the same! It was great to be in the same room as other believers to worship and hear a great sermon. It was only Adrian and I this morning since the kids' services haven't started back up yet so it almost felt like a date for us.
When we got home, we got right to work on our to do lists. After a full day of fun yesterday, we were ready for a full day of work today. We were super productive and got a ton of stuff done. Adrian and the boys finished their stuff in the afternoon and had time to have some fun playing board games and video games. Adrian also made a quick trip out to Target to pick up two new games for us since he saw they were on sale this week. We cooked dinner together tonight and even though we spent most of the day working, it was also a very relaxing day together and it passed very quickly. Tonight we watched another episode of "The Floor is Lava" with the kids and then got them down to bed. Then Adrian and I finished up the episode of "This is Us" that we were watching last night and also watched an episode of "Parks and Rec" before also heading to bed. Ready to make it a great week!

Monday (7/20) Back to our normal schedule today! Adrian and I got up and moving and were suprised to find Zak sleeping on the couch downstairs. He said he got bored of sleeping in his bed and moved down there at about 3am. He joined Adrian and Rocky on their long walk this morning while I got logged on and ready to kick off week two of Zumba's jam program celebration. Today started with a Zumba Gold jam this morning and then a salsa jam this afternoon. Both were great and are in my gigantic pile of choreo notes to learn. I'm not going to need choreography for a long time!

In between jams I got a ton of things done around the house and also helped the boys get thru their daily stuff, including reading, riding bikes and doing more work on our space camp program. The day passed super quickly with me busy downstairs and Adrian working upstairs. Before long it was time for me to get dinner together and leave to teach my Zumba class tonight. We had a great group at the church and had so much fun dancing to my "Best of Christa" playlist to celebrate my 7th year anniversary of becoming an instructor. After class, I came home and took Rocky on her nightly walk and then we got started on our night routine. We watched "Holey Moley" with the boys and then got them down for the night. Then Adrian and I watched two episodes of "Parks & Rec" and then also headed to bed. The week is off to a good start!

Tuesday (7/21) I slept in a little until Adrian came in to get started at work. Then I headed downstairs to start my day as well. I was very productive this morning and got a ton of stuff done as well as getting the boys thru their stuff. We finished up the 4th day of our week long day camp that we started in June and have one more day to finish up, hopefully next week. Then after a quick lunch, I headed to the dentist with Zak and Daniel. AJ was supposed to have an appointment with us but I had cancelled it since he was going to be out of town. It was weird going to the dentist with all the new protocols but we appreciate them keeping us safe!!

While I was in the chair, an appointment later in the day called and cancelled and they asked if we wanted to move AJ back to this afternoon. So when we finished up, I ran back home and switched kids and headed back to the dentist with AJ. All four of us were declared cavity free and I'm so thankful to the staff for keeping the four of us on the same schedule! While we were out, Adrian worked from downstairs to be there for the furniture repair guy. We finally got a few small things fixed on our new sofas and the lights work on the boys' sofa again.

The day flew by with all of that going on and when I got back from the dentist it was time to get ready to go teach my Aqua Zumba class tonight. I grabbed a quick dinner and then headed out to my friend's house for class. Thankfully Adrian was able to cook dinner and feed the boys while I was gone. My class was super fun but unfortunately it started raining at the very end and I didn't get to have my weekly swim and chat time with the ladies. When I got home, we cleaned up from dinner and then got ready for family movie night. We watched Daniel's pick of "Captain Marvel" and caught a few things we missed last time. When the movie was over, we got the boys down to bed and then watched one episode of "Supermarket Sweep" before also heading to bed.

Wednesday (7/22) We got up and moving early today so we could get Rocky dropped off at daycare for the day. Adrian dropped her off and then headed upstairs to work for the day. I got my day started with a Zumba jam with one of my favorite jammers and also learned a little about the Zumba Kids program during her jam. When that was over, I started working around the house since I didn't have Rocky here distracting me. I also got the boys thru all of their stuff for the day including finally doing one of Zak's optional activities from school, making a solar oven. We weren't able to use it to make anything since it was cloudy today but at least it's made and ready to go when the sun does come back. The day passed quickly and before long it was time for me to pick up Rocky and get ready for our evening.
After picking up a super tired dog from daycare, I came home and cooked dinner for us and ate quickly before heading to the church. When I got there I realized that due to a schedule conflict I wasn't needed to be there tonight but decided to stay anyway and take advantage of the quiet and finish a Zumba training, Cue Like a Pro. When I finished up my training, I went to pick up my weekly order from Kroger then came home and the boys helped me unload and put it all away. While we were doing that, Adrian was on his Zoom call for his Bible study. When everyone was done, we took Rocky on a quick walk and then called the boys down for their night routine. We watched another episode of "The Floor is Lava" and then got them down to bed. Then Adrian and I watched another episode of "This is Us" while having some snacks before we also headed to bed for the night.
Thursday (7/23) We all slept in again today and had a late start to our day. Adrian headed to our bedroom to work and I alternated between doing stuff around the house and doing stuff with the boys.  We crossed another thing off our summer wish list since Zak has officially learned how to tie his own shoes!! We finished their daily stuff and then they headed upstairs for the day while I worked downstairs on stuff around the house. I had another jam this afternoon and learned super cute choreo for both land and aqua Zumba to the same song. I can't wait to practice it and add it to my classes! After the jam, I started getting ready for my evening. I had a delicious early dinner and then headed to the church to teach my Zumba class. We had a great time dancing to some of my favorite songs and laughing a lot. While I was there, Adrian and the boys had dinner and cleaned up after it as well. When I got home, we took Rocky for a walk then played a family game of "Just One." We had a great time playing and laughing together at some of the clues. Then we watched last week's episode of "Don't" before getting the boys down to bed. We finished our night with another episode of "This is Us" since we've hit the binge watching portion of the season and can't wait to see what happens each episode. We stopped after one episode and headed to bed even though we really wanted to keep watching the next episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment