Monday, July 20, 2020

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for July 19 - July 25)

Surprise!! I know I said last week that I wasn't going to do a meal plan blog for this week because Adrian and AJ would be away, but our plans have changed. Monday when Adrian logged in for work, he found out that one of his co-workers is leaving and this is his last week. Unfortunately that means a lot more work for Adrian so he was not able to take the week off. AJ decided he did not want to go camping alone so they are both missing the Scout camp this week. I'm bummed that AJ is missing the experience but thankful Adrian has further job security and promise of overtime for the foreseeable future. So since he's here this week, I threw together a meal plan for us.

However here's the thing about this week, I was not planning on going to the grocery store this week. I am trying to plan far enough ahead to only go every other week. So when I planned and shopped last week (early on Monday) I thought I had everything for this week. Then I got home and Adrian told me all that had happened. So my challenge for this week is to figure out meals with food we already have. It hasn't been super hard since we still have so many veggies from our CSA to use up, and we're still working on our meat stock up that I did earlier this summer. I actually think we're going to have a pretty delicious week this week!!
Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats and Kale Chips - this is a carryover from last week. I ran out of steam on Friday and didn't cook that night (we went out as planned) or Saturday night (we had leftovers which was actually good because we had a ton!)
Monday - Shrimp over Zoodles Alfredo for the adults & Pasta Alfredo for the kids
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday!!
Wednesday - Asian Pork & String Beans (repeat from last week because it's so good and we have a lot of string beans to use!)
Thursday - Everything Bagel Chicken with Kale Chips and Air Fried Squash
Friday - Thai Chicken Salad
Saturday - Grilled Steak with Squash and String Beans

Water Flavor - Apple Mint. I have an apple that needs to be used up and the other half of the mint from last week. If I need a little more to fill the infusor tube, I'll add some strawberries.

Baking - I'm baking another batch of these chocolate chip muffins because they were delicious! I'm going to make them triple chocolate chip this time because I have milk chocolate, semi sweet and white chocolate chips all opened. We enjoyed them last week and can't wait for another week of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment