Saturday, August 15, 2020

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 8/7 - 8/13)

Friday (8/7) We all slept in again today and were feeling refreshed after taking yesterday off. We hung out around the house in the morning and I got a few things done. Then after a quick lunch, the boys, my mom and I headed out to Utica to meet up with Carl, Sarah, Isabelle and Vinnie. We met at Legend Hills farm to pick some peaches and do some shopping in their store. I was a little disappointed in the peaches, but I know this is a hard year for the harvest since we had frosts so late in the year. We picked a box full of peaches, most of them are not ripe yet so we'll have them for a while.After we finished picking peaches, we headed down the road to Ye Olde Mill for some Velvet ice cream. My mom treated us all to our scoops of the delicious ice cream which we enjoyed outside in their patio area. After we finished eating, the kids played on the play structures that they have there and Vinnie had a blast running around with "the boys." After they played for a while, we took some pictures and then headed back home. We stopped at Dollar Tree on our way home to stock up on snacks for our trip to the drive in later this weekend.When we got home, the boys played video games while we got dinner together. Adrian grilled a delicious london broil on the grill and I made a green bean salad and some air fried potatoes. After dinner, my mom and the boys finished up the Peanuts puzzle they have been working on and then we played "The Mind." We took Rocky on a nice long walk and then cleaned up from dinner. After the busy day, we decided to watch the new "Muppets Show" and then get the boys to bed a little early. Then Adrian and I watched two episodes of "Parks and Rec" before we all headed to bed for the night. 

Saturday (8/8) We all slept in a bit since my Zumba class didn't have enough people preregistered this morning. When we all did get up and moving, we started getting the house ready for company. Adrian and the boys cleaned up the back yard while my mom and I worked in the kitchen. I made a big pot of gravy and 2 trays of lasagna plus 3 desserts for later today. We got everything done by around noon and then just hung out for the day. Carl, Sarah and the kids came over in the afternoon to hang out for the day. The adults chatted while the kids played pretty much all day. We ate a ton of delicious food including a variety of dips for appetizers, lasagna for dinner and desserts. After dinner, most of us played a fun game of "Just One" while Sarah and I relaxed on the couches. After they left, the boys wanted their normal Saturday night of staying up until midnight so we let them do that while we checked out a new to us show "Schitt's Creek." We thought it was funny but need to give it a few episodes to grow on us. After two episodes of that, it was midnight so we got the boys down to bed and headed to bed too. It was a great family day!!

Sunday (8/9) I was up super early this morning to meet some of my girlfriends to walk a 5K. We found the Wine 5K a few weeks ago and knew we had to do it together. It was early to get up and moving, but the time flew by and it was fun to walk and chat with the ladies. And I surprised everyone with a little bottle of wine at the finish line! It was a great way to start the day! When I got home, everyone was still asleep so I took Rocky out and got her thru her morning routine. By the time we got back from a long morning walk, I was sweaty and exhausted and it was too late to go to church in person. So I got online and watched it from my living room instead. It was a great kick off to a new sermon and I'm so excited to have a new lead pastor to learn from!!After church, we got a few things done around the house then we taught my mom two new games. She played Zaul with me and Adrian and I won, but we were all really close in score. Then Daniel came down and the 4 of us played Sushi Go and I won again. It was a fun afternoon of being a little productive and a little lazy. After a quick dinner of burgers and hot dogs, we got all of our snacks and drinks together and headed to the drive in for the night. We stayed for both movies, "Kung Fu Panda" and "The Karate Kid." I didn't remember most of either movie so even though I'd seen them both before, it felt like 2 new movies. The boys also really enjoyed both movied. It was super late when we got home, so Adrian took care of Rocky while I got the boys down for the night. After playing with Rocky for a bit, we all headed to bed for the night exhausted.

Monday (8/10) We got a good night of sleep, but had to get up earlier than any of us wanted to this morning because the boys and I had eye doctor appointments. We got up and moving and were all cranky as we headed out the door, but thankfully we were on time. We all had our check ups and everyone's eyes are doing great, no one needed glasses again this year except me and my eyes are actually improving a little each year. After we finished at the eye doctor, we headed to run a few errands and then came home. While we were out, my mom made her famous chicken parmesan for us to have an easy dinner tonight.

The afternoon passed quickly and most of us were really tired all day. My mom played video games with AJ and worked on the puzzle with all 3 boys. Adrian worked all day and finished up around 5:00 so we could all have dinner together. We were planning to go play mini golf, but we saw how exhausted everyone was and decided that was not our best option. So instead we went on a nice long walk with Rocky, then came home and played a new game to all of us called "Farkle." We had a great time playing and laughed a lot, especially when any of us got "hot dice!" After I won that game, we made our own ice cream sandwiches and then watched the second episode of the new "Muppet Show" since my mom wanted to see that. When that was over, the boys really wanted to watch "Holey Moley" so we watched that together too and then all 5 of us headed to bed. It was a fun day, but I wish we weren't all so tired!

Tuesday (8/11) We all slept in today and it felt great! Adrian got Rocky thru his morning stuff and then headed upstairs to work. The rest of us had a lazy morning and then my mom got ready to head back home later today. She played one more game of "Just One" with the boys and they worked on the puzzle a little longer. Then in the early afternoon we all said so long and I dropped her at the airport. I'm glad she was able to come and visit, I just wish things weren't so hard right now with this pandemic but I know it's not going to last forever.

After dropping her off at the airport, I ran to the library to pick up a bunch of things we had reserved and then came back home to make tacos for everyone for dinner. I was supposed to teach Aqua Zumba tonight but we all forgot about it and didn't publicize it so no one signed up and we cancelled it. It's hard to keep up with everything when family is here! After dinner, we cleaned up and took Rocky for a nice long walk before settling down to watch a movie as a family. We had a ton of leftovers from the drive in Sunday night so I put them all out on the table and we watched "October Sky." It was recommended by Scouts from our day camp and we all really enjoyed it. After the movie, the boys headed to bed and Adrian and I watched another 2 episodes of "Schitt's Creek" which is growing on both of us before we also headed up to bed.

Wednesday (8/12) We slept in a little today and then got up and moving. Adrian took Rocky to daycare and then came back and headed upstairs to work for the day. I got to work around the house on all of the stuff that I have been igorning for the past week or so while we had company here. I got the boys thru some of their stuff as well. It was a very productive day for all of us and it passed very quickly. I got a ton done before I headed out to pick up Rocky who had an amazing day at daycare playing in their new outdoor area. She came home exhausted as she always does on a Wednesday. After a quick dinner for all of us, I headed to the church to work for an hour tonight while Adrian did his Zoom Bible study meeting. When we were all done for the night, we took Rocky on a walk and cleaned up from dinner. Then we finally watched the final episode of "The Floor is Lava" with the boys. We all really enjoyed this show and hope they do another season of it! After getting the boys to bed, Adrian and I watched two episodes of "Parks and Rec" and then headed to bed too. It wasn't a super exciting day, but it was a much needed work day after tons of days off.

Thursday (8/13) We slept in again and are starting to feel like we are getting back to normal, or whatever normal is these days. Adrian headed to work for the day while the boys and I packed up and headed to Zoombeezi Bay for a few hours. It was super hot but we decided to power thru because we only have a few days left to go to the Bay before our membership expires. The boys played in the wave pool, we did a few laps in the lazy river, rode some of the bigger slides and had a great time for the three hours we were there. As it got hotter and a little more crowded, we decided to call it a day and head home. We really prefer shorter and frequent trips instead of one or two really long trips.

When we got home, we all took showers and then the boys played video games while I did a few things around the house. I was pretty worn out from all the outside fun but I managed to get a few things done before having leftovers for dinner. After everyone had dinner, we took Rocky for a nice long walk and then came home to clean up from the day. Then the boys played a game of "Forbidden Island" with Adrian and it didn't go well. There was lots of fighting and short patience and they didn't win the game. After they were finished playing, we watched "Holey Moley" as a family and then got the boys to bed for the night. Then Adrian and I watched an episode of "Schitt's Creek" before also headed to bed for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment