Saturday, July 4, 2020

Keeping Up With...2020 Goals (June Recap)

June is the first month in a really long time that flew by! I think it's because we were actually busy most of this month. We added some outings back into our lives and I went back to work teaching Zumba in person. We celebrated AJ's birthday and Father's Day. And Adrian attended at virtual board game convention and I had another two weeks of the Zumba virtual convention. The boys had a few friends sleep over and Zak learned how to ride his bike! Add all of that to our normal busy schedule and you have a month that (finally) flew by!

I didn't really focus on my goals this month, it's hard to stay motivated on them especially since so many of them are dependant on being able to freely leave the house. There are also days when the stress gets the best of me, mostly the stress of not knowing what's going to happen with school in the fall and knowing there is nothing I can do to control it. I'm trying to stay positive in front of the kids, but it's not always easy to stay motivated and on task. I've gotten better, especially with my daily to do list, and I'm hoping to stay up on things that need done around the house this coming month. But we have a few other things on our schedule this month too so we'll see how it all plays out.
Here are my goals for the year and how I'm doing on each of them. The crossed out ones are the ones I have revised and the red ones are done.
  • Lose 25 pounds - Gained 0 lb this month, down 3 for the year. This has been a huge struggle for me. At this point I will honestly be happy if I don't gain this year. July will continue to be a struggle for this one, hoping to get my butt in gear though!
  • Exercise for 20 minutes every day - I exercised all 30 days this month, 164 days so far this year!! Some of the days were just walking with Adrian and Rocky, but every day I did something that got me moving and I'm proud of that!
  • Finish 12 exercise related calendar challenges - I did not finish my challenge for this month which was to do the Daily Burn workout every day. I started strong but ran out of steam at the end of the month. It was just too much with also teaching 4 Zumba classes each week and trying to take Zumba livestreams. I did finish 20 days this month so I'm proud of that accomplishment!
  • Do 30 40 Bible Plans in the You Verse app - I finished 4 plans in June, and have finished 25 so far this year. I think I'm on track to finish this revised goal.
  • Read "A Little God Time for Women" - I've read all 181 days so far this year, I'm on track to finish this goal too.
  • Read 20 books - I've finished 6 books so far this year.  In June I finished "Becoming" which was fantastic! I really enjoyed reading it and learning a little more about the Obama family.
  • Read the 12 How to Train Your Dragon Books - I finished 8 books so far.
  • Read "Feminine Mystique" - I have read 26% so far this year. I have been on the wait list forever for this book, hoping I'll get it sometime in July.
  • Write 45 meal plan blogs - I did 2 posts this month, 15 blog posts so far this year.
  • Write 52 weekly summary blogs - I did 4 posts this month, 24 blog posts so far this year
  • Write 12 4 9 goal recap blogs - I've done 4 so far this year so this goal looks doable. I have revised it again in hopes I will be able to keep up with this  goal.
  • Pay off $5,000 of credit card debt - We paid off $600 this month, $1,200 so far this year. We're a little behind on this goal since we bought our couches and added them to our debt. But we've been able to keep up the high payoff each month even though I'm not working so I'm really proud of us! If we keep it up, we'll pay off $4,800 for the year which will be amazing!
  • Renovate the boys' bedrooms kitchen - We didn't make any progress on this during this month. Adrian needs to go and get all of the paint supplies for us and he hasn't made it to Lowe's yet.
  • Finish my daily to do list every night - I did this 26 days in June which is by far the best month this year! I've been really good about finishing up everything, or maybe leaving one thing but then doing it first thing the next morning. 
  • Watch 50 movies - We've watched 30 movies so far.  Our June movies were "Stand By Me," "Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2," "Spiderman: Homecoming," "Goonies," "Thor: Ragnorok," "Black Panther" and "Abdominable." They were all really good and fun!! 
  • Go on 12 dates with Adrian - We've gone on 5 dates so far this year.
  • Sub 80 days in the schools - I've subbed 21.5 days so far since January.  Unfortunately this goal is on hold until schools reopen, or possibly next year.  
  • Go to 6 Zumba jam sessions - I did two virtual jams this month and it solidified that this format is not for me. During the first one, I was distracted thru the whole session and kept getting interupted by the boys. I also had some internet issues which made it tough to stay connected. The second one went much better and I learned all of the songs for that one and will be adding them to class soon. It still wasn't ideal, I prefer them in person but I'll take what I can get!
  • Clean out master bedroom - Done!!
  • Play 1 game with Adrian each week - I have done this all 26 weeks so far! This has been great for us while we're staying home so much!
  • Play Pandemic Legacy: Season 2 with Adrian once per month - We have played all 6 months so far.  We once again just barely won June, almost had too many outbreaks. We also played a lot of Pandemic this month because we were in a tournament during his virtual board game conference. It was a lot of fun, even if we didn't do very well!!
  • Play Machi Koro Legacy with the boys - We have played 5 months so far and are having a great time playing this game as a family!! We didn't play this in June but it's only a 10 month campaign so I'm not super upset about missing one month.
  • Have 6 nights out with friends - I've had 3 nights out so far.
  • Go on an awesome family vacation to the Outerbanks - We have decided to cancel this trip due to the uncertain nature of travel right now. We debated about doing something else as a family but decided to just stay home for the summer instead. Adrian is taking a week off in July and we'll do a few day trips but that's all we have planned for the summer now.
  • Do 100 fun family things (one thing each week during school & one thing per person each week over the summer) - We did 29 fun things so far this year and obviously this is a little different right now.  We are still having fun, it's just a different kind of fun right now.  This month we did trips to Donna's Donuts, Graeter's, Krispy Kreme and Cones & Concoctions, hiked at Quarry Park and Huber Park and went to Game Stop, Urban Air, Zoombeezi Bay, Hannah Park and a drive in movie.
  • Go on 2 family camping trips - Same as with vacation, we went back and forth and decided not to do this but instead save our money and energy for a few fun day trips and invest in one or two big vacations next year.
  • Deep clean the whole house - Done!!  We only have the basement left, but that is on hold until we renovate the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment