Sunday, June 9, 2019

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for June 9 - June 15)

I'm back after another two week (unintentional) break from meal planning.  We had a super fun Memorial Day weekend which included a lot of relaxing, eating junk and adopting a new family member, our dog Nick.  The weekend was super fun but not a lot of work got done, including any kind of meal planning.  I was going to do it on Tuesday or Wednesday and then shop for the rest of the week, but on Tuesday a horrible stomach bug hit the house and we were down for pretty much the rest of the week.  Since we weren't eating anything, there was no need to meal plan.  And then this past week has been recovering from the bug and also only dealing with things that absolutely needed to get done, so there was very little time for blogging.  I've gotten a handle on things (sort of) so I'm trying to get back into some of my weekly things, including meal planning.

This week is super important to have a plan because I will be gone at Cub Scout Day Camp all day every day this week.  And two of the nights I have to teach Zumba after camp so I have to be super organized and ready to eat quickly on those two nights.  I also have a TON of veggies that I need to use up from our CSA that we joined for the summer.  We fell significantly behind when we got sick so we're trying to use up everything before it goes bad.  It's not ideal, but so far we haven't had to throw anything out.  This week you will see a lot of veggie heavy and vegetarian meals, and that will probably continue next week as well. 

I'm hoping to keep to this schedule, but if time gets tight, we will just be having leftovers once or twice this week.  We will have plenty of leftovers, especially since Adrian won't be home some of the nights this week because of Origins.  I'm cooking as if he's here though so we use up the veggies and have the leftovers.  We'll see how this week plays out and if we need to do less cooking next week I'll adjust accordingly.  I will also not be having leftovers for lunch at all this week since I'll be eating in the field at camp, but I will definitely be eating these veggies as leftovers in the upcoming weeks.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Herb Crusted Halibut with Risotto
Monday - Honey Garlic Chicken with Roasted Kohlrobi
Tuesday - Penne with Goat Cheese & Arugula
Wednesday - Adobo Chicken with Bok Choy
Thursday - Kale & Bean Soup with a side salad
Friday - Shrimp Pasta with roasted asparagus
Saturday - Bok Choy Beef Soup

Water Flavor - I'll be doing some lemons, limes and oranges together for a citrus mix

Overnight Oats - I got 3 flavored yogurts very cheap this past week so I'm going to use them to make the oats for this week.  Hopefully that's enough for the week, I know I'll be eating them everyday to have a good base before camp.

Use it Up - I'm using up the veggies as quick as I can and not buying any new ones.  I'm hoping to catch up over the next two weeks so I can just cook what we get each week but they seem to be coming quicker than I can eat them!

Lunches - It will be bagged lunches all week at camp, lots of sandwiches and snacks.  We may be home early enough on Friday to eat here and if we are, I will have leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment