Sunday, June 16, 2019

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for June 16 - June 22)

I was way too ambitious last week about my meal plan and I only made 3 of my planned recipes.  I forgot how tiring day camp is!  Plus Adrian wasn't here most of the nights and no one was really eating all of the leftovers that were piling up in the fridge.  So I decided to scrap the meal plan most nights and just eat leftovers.  It worked out for the week but now I have an abundance of veggies that I have to use up ASAP.  The menu this week is similar to last week with a few new additions to use up what we have.  I'm hoping to catch up a little this week on the veggies.  Thankfully we didn't get any leafy greens this week so a lot of what we got on Friday will keep for this week.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Stuffed Zucchini with Roasted Asparagus
Monday - Kale & Bean Soup with Roasted Kohlrabi (carryover from last week)
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday with my small group (I'm hosting this week)
Wednesday - Bok Choy Beef Soup with Yellow Squash
Thursday - Kale Soup with Roasted Beets
Friday - Adobo Chicken
Saturday - Shrimp Pasta

Water Flavor - I was going to do citrus last week but then I forgot I had a mango to use so I did that last week.  I'll be doing citrus this week for sure.

Overnight Oats - I'm just going to make plain oats this week.  I have peanut butter chocolate chips and mint chocolate chips open so I'm going to add those this week for some flavor.

Use it Up - Once again, the focus is on using all of the veggies I have in the fridge this week.  I'm also using up the groceries I already bought so this should be a very light shopping week for me.

Lunches - I'll be having salads all week because I have some lettuce that I need to use up.  I'm also going to make these beet greens one day this week and I may have them for lunch with a fried egg on top.  If I run out of all of that, I will eat leftovers to keep up with those too.

No comments:

Post a Comment