Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for June 23 - June 29)

I did pretty good last week getting back to my meal plan and staying on schedule.  I did have an impromptu trip to Zoombeezi Bay last Weds and then didn't cook when I got home that night.  I also forgot that I was going out to dinner with friends on Saturday and wouldn't need a meal.  I was going to make the soup I planned for that night for lunch instead, but I had a lot of other things going on and just didn't get to it.  Other than that I stuck with my plan for the week.

I am catching up on my veggies from our CSA back up pretty well and we are actually eating some of the veggies we got on Friday this week.  I'm hoping after next week we'll be caught up, but then again it's 4th of July so who knows what we'll be eating that weekend.  I'm basing all my meals this week on the veggies that we have in the fridge and am trying to use them up in the order they are starting to spoil.  It's fun coming up with interesting ways to use up all of these veggies!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Grilled Steak with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Yellow Squash
Monday - Broccoli Tortellini Salad
Tuesday - IP Beef and Broccoli with Asian Snap Peas
Wednesday - Pasta with Swiss Chard
Thursday - Shrimp Pasta with Zoodles
Friday - Shrimp and Green Bean Salad
Saturday - Tofu & Squash Stir Fry with Stir Fry Snap Peas

Water flavor - Kiwi.  I got a great deal on kiwi the other week and have eaten a few but felt like I needed to use the rest of them up quickly before they spoiled.  The water is delicious!!

Overnight Oats - I had some bananas that ripened quicker than I thought they would so I made oats with them over the weekend and will add chocolate chips to them each day when I eat them.  This is one of my favorite flavors of oats.

Use it Up - I'm still just focusing on vegetables and finishing them before they go bad.  So far there has been very little that I had to throw out and I'm very proud of that.  After I get caught up on the veggies, I will work on eating everything we have in the freezer next.

Lunches - I will have salads some days to finish up some lettuce and other salad ingredients.  I will also make this Kale and Vegetable Soup on Monday to have for the week, since I didn't make it over the weekend.  Adrian will probably eat more of this than I will, but I will have it as an option too.

No comments:

Post a Comment