Friday, June 28, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 5/10 - 5/16)

Friday (5/10) Happy 50th Birthday Adrian!!  For his birthday this year, he wanted the boys to plan what we were doing and then go away to a gaming conference this summer, so that is exactly what we did for him.  The day started with Krispy Kreme donuts that were decorated with a sign made by Zak.  All of the boys got up early to wish him Happy Birthday so we all had breakfast together.  Then we headed out to our normal Friday - Adrian took AJ to school and then headed to work and I headed into school with Daniel and Zak to sub for the day.
After we all got home from our busy day, the boys and I decorated the house with balloons and did a quick clean up.  The boys came up with a scavenger hunt to hide Adrian's presents so they took care of that too.  We were just finishing up when Adrian got home so we started the celebration for him.  He did the scavenger hunt, having a great time trying to figure out the clues and find his 5 gifts.  He loved all of the gifts as well - a wine glass from me, an OSU hat & sign and 2 board games from the boys.  When we were done opening gifts, the doorbell rang and it was our dinner - Jets pizza!
We enjoyed our dinner and then started the next part of our night, family game night.  We played both of Adrian's new games, Chronicles of Crime (just OK) and Gizmos (we LOVED it!)  In between the games, we enjoyed two birthday cakes - Oreo ice cream cake and Coldstone peanut butter pie.  It was all delicious and so much fun!!  After all of that, it was time for the boys to go to bed.  We got them settled and when we came back downstairs, we realized that the two of us were also exhausted.  So we watched one comedy while finishing our wine and then headed to bed.  We have 4 more events planned this weekend to celebrate so we need our rest for sure!!  Adrian said it was an awesome birthday and I'm so glad everyone had so much fun today!!
Saturday (5/11) We all had to get up and moving pretty early this morning, earlier than most of us wanted to get moving.  I headed out to the church to teach my Zumba Toning class & had fun while getting a great workout.  I also got my car washed by the Scouts who were there and ran to Meijer to pick up medicine for AJ & Daniel.  While I was doing that, Adrian took Zak to his soccer game where he had fun & played great.  After we all got home, we got ready to head out to our next two stops for Adrian's birthday celebration.

Our first stop was Red Robin for burgers and fries for lunch.  We had a great time there and the food was delicious as always.  When we finished stuffing ourselves, we headed to a new to us place "Miner 49er."  It's an indoor glow in the dark mini golf course with a mining theme.  It was super cool & super fun and we all really enjoyed it.  It was also really empty which was nice because we got to take our time and go slowly thru the course.  We laughed a lot and all golfed really well, including me getting a hole in one!  When we finished the course, we headed home for the night.
Even though we were all pretty exhausted, Adrian and I had play tickets tonight so after a short rest, we got ready for that.  We all had a quick dinner of leftover pizza for the boys and Jersey Mike's subs for the adults.  Then Adrian and I got cleaned up and I went to pick up the sitter.  We headed downtown and enjoyed watching "Hello Dolly" together.  It was a cute, fun play and Betty Buckley was great as Dolly.  It wasn't a favorite but it kept us both awake & engaged, which was rough considering how tired we were.  After the show we thankfully got home safe (there were 3 accidents on our way!) and had a piece of leftover cake before heading to bed for the night.  Such a fun day!!
Sunday (5/12) Happy Mother's Day!!  The best part of today was that I was able to sleep in and didn't have to get up to an alarm going off.  Even though it was only until about 8am, it felt glorious to sleep until I was ready to get up.  We had a slow morning of coffee and breakfast before heading off to second service of church.  We enjoyed the service and seeing a lot of our friends there as well.  After church we came home for a quick lunch and then the boys wanted to give me their gifts.  Daniel and Zak both made me gifts at school and then they hid the gifts that they bought for me.  I had a fun time looking for them all over the house and they ended up surprising me with 2 necklaces, 2 pairs of earrings and two custom gifts, including a beautiful heart with all of our names.
After presents, we got ready to head out to Easton for a few hours.  We started by checking out the "Rooms" exhibit that is there for a few more weeks.  It was pretty cool, the boys really enjoyed it.  Some of the rooms were a little much for me and I had a bit of a headache.  After we finished there, we headed to the movies to finally see "Shazam."  It was a really funny movie and all 5 of us enjoyed it!  I started not to feel well and actually took a short nap during the movie.  When it was over and we got to the car, I really wasn't feeling well.  We got home and I went right to bed for the night.  Adrian took care of getting the boys dinner and down to bed for the night.  Daniel also woke up soon after going to bed complaining his stomach hurt.  We are both hoping to feel better when we get up in the morning.
Monday (5/13) Back to reality after a weekend of celebrations.  I woke up and still wasn't feeling well so I called out of work.  I helped get AJ out the door and Adrian dropped him off and then headed to work.  I got Daniel and Zak up and since Daniel felt perfectly fine, I got them ready and dropped off to school for the day.  Then I came home and rested all day and got a few small things done around the house.  By the afternoon I was thankfully feeling better!  I picked everyone up from school and was thrilled to hear that no one had any homework and won't have any the rest of the year!  The boys played for a while and I got a few more things done, then we had dinner and got ready for our night stuff.  I headed out to the church to teach another super fun Zumba class there.  While I was there, Adrian took AJ to his Scout meeting which was at the high school today doing some of the fitness requirements for his rank.  He said he had fun and he did pretty well too.  When we all got home, we got the boys down to bed, finally figured out our crazy calendar for the week, watched a little TV and headed to bed too.  I'm thankful I'm feeling better and will be back to normal schedule tomorrow!

Tuesday (5/14) Today started early for all us since AJ had his year end assembly today.  Adrian got AJ up and ready and out to school on time.  Then the rest of us got ready and headed out to AJ's school to watch the assembly.  He was honored with an award for getting all A's this year and also for participating in the Model UN conference in March.  We're very proud of all he has accomplished in his first year in middle school!!
After the assembly, Adrian dropped Daniel and Zak off at school and I headed to Harcum to teach my 3 Silver Sneakers classes.  We had smaller than usual classes, but we still had a great time!  In between classes I ran a few errands and got just about all of the grocery shopping for the week done.  I got home and got the car unloaded just in time to pick everyone up from school.  Everyone was super tired after our early morning so we decided to have a chill night at home.  AJ finished his homework and the boys pretty much just played all night.  I got the groceries put away and all my normal stuff around the house done.  We had tacos for dinner and an early night for the boys.  After they were in bed, Adrian and I got our snacks, watched 2 comedies and went to bed early as well.

Wednesday (5/15) We got up and moving pretty quickly this morning.  We got AJ ready and Adrian dropped him off at school before heading into work.  I got Daniel and Zak ready and then the three of us headed into school since I was subbing a full day.  Daniel was super excited to go on a field trip to the new school he will be going to in the fall and is super excited about some of the fun things you get to do in 5th grade.  When the school day was over, we came home and quickly jumped in to getting ready for our busy night.  I got the boys thru homework and dinner and then I got Daniel and Zak ready for their soccer games.

We got to the field just in time and they went to their teams, which had games at the same time but on different fields.  I decided to watch Zak's game because I haven't seen any of his games yet this year.  He played amazing and he had so much fun!!  His team tied, but they were very close on so many goals.  And Zak won the sportsmanship award for his hustle and great play!  Daniel's team continued to struggle and lost again and Daniel is really ready for this season to be over.  After the games were over, we headed home and the boys had a little bit of free time before it was time for bed.  We got thru their night time routine and then as I was getting them down for the night, Adrian got home from Bible study and helped finish up.  Then we came down, finished up a few things and settled in to watch the first half of the "Survivor" finale.  I wish it wasn't so long because I want to know who wins, but I've got to get some sleep!
Thursday (5/16) We got up and moving pretty quickly again this morning.  I helped get AJ and Adrian out to school and work and then started getting the rest of us ready.  Daniel was excited for his second field trip in two days.  This one was to Roscoe Village and I was able to go with him!  We got to school and I sent Zak to his class while I went to Daniel's class to get ready to go.  The bus ride was long, but thankfully the kids were pretty quiet and respectful.  We got there and had a great time exploring some of the village.  We saw how the locks in the canal worked, learned about some OH canal history and saw how some jobs were back in the day including the doctor, broom maker, iron smith and printing press.  Then we enjoyed a picnic lunch before starting the long bus ride back to the school.  It was a fun day with Daniel, I just wish the village was a little closer so we had more time to explore and less time on the bus.  But time with my kids is always good time!
After we got back to the school, Daniel had about an hour left and decided to stay at school (he had recess and gym - I don't blame him!) while I ran a quick errand.  When we all got home from school, we again got quickly to our afternoon work.  AJ finished his homework (hopefully his last assignment!) and then I made everyone pasta for dinner.  Then we had to get ready for another busy night.  Adrian came home and picked up Zak to take him to another soccer game.  Zak again played super hard and did great, unfortunately his team lost by 1 goal.  While they were there, I headed to the church to teach my Zumba class.  We were small but mighty in class tonight.  When we all finally got home, we cleaned up and did the boys' night routine and got them down to bed.  They were all exhausted after the busy day!  Adrian and I came back downstairs and watched the end of the "Survivor" finale before heading to bed too.  We were very excited that Chris won, although we loved Rick Devons, just like most of the other people who watched this season.  It was another great season and I'm so glad we have this date night tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment