Friday, June 21, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 6/14 - 6/20)

Friday (6/14) Last day of day camp!!  It's been an amazing week but we are all super tired.  AJ and Daniel were not needed to volunteer today and weren't interested in the presentations we were doing so they decided to stay home today.  That made it a little easier to get out in the morning.  Adrian helped us get out and then he left for day three of Origins.  He volunteered in the morning and then walked around and played games all day.  Zak and I had three different stations to do this morning, a presentation about the animals in Ohio, a performance by the Order of the Arrow and some games from Licking County Recycling and ActiveFit.  The kids enjoyed all of them, but we were all worn out and cranky this morning.
After the three fun stations, we headed to the amphitheater for our closing campfire celebration.  We saw skits from some of the other dens from the week and then retired a flag together.  It was a very nice ceremony to see each Scout drop a piece of the flag into the fire before leaving camp for the week.  We lowered the flag for the last time and headed home for the week.  I had an amazing time getting to know the kids, learning new things and doing things I don't normally do.  I hope the kids had half as much fun as I did!
When we got home, Zak and I were exhausted!  He spent the rest of the day resting and playing video games while I tried to get a few things done around the house but also did a lot of resting.  I did as much as I could sitting down on the comfy couch.  We had a quick dinner of mostly leftovers and enjoyed the relaxing night.  I got the boys to bed and followed very soon after because I was exhausted after the week and have a full weekend ahead of me!

Saturday (6/15) Today started a little earlier than I wanted it to since I had to get up and moving to teach a Zumba class this morning.  Zak was also up super early, but thankfully he only woke Adrian up to tell him all about Scout camp yesterday.  Adrian headed out again for another full day at Origins while I got ready and headed to the church for a small but mighty Zumba class.  When class was over I came home and got everyone ready for our afternoon activities.

AJ and Zak are both playing basketball over the summer with i9 sports and today was opening day.  Zak had the first game this afternoon so we headed out for his practice and then game, which were both very fun to watch!  Then I dropped Zak off at home and picked AJ up to bring him to his game this afternoon.  He played on the big court for the first time and did really well!!  He played great defense, had an assist, got a rebound and almost made a basket!  I enjoyed watching both of them play today.

When we got home, AJ and I needed to get him packed up and ready to leave for Scout camp tomorrow.  He's leaving early tomorrow morning for a week away in north east Ohio with his troop.  We had three different lists to work from and I think we got everything he needs in two totes and ready to go tomorrow.  After we finished packing, we had a quick dinner and then the boys did a few things that needed to get done around the house.  When they were done, they had some video game time while I got a few more things done around the house.  After I got them to bed, I finished up a few things, had a snack and headed to bed too since I have an early morning tomorrow.

Sunday (6/16) Happy Father's Day!!  Once again, today started very early since we had to get AJ up and out before 8am.  We made sure he had everything he needs for camp and then Adrian dropped him off with his troop for the week.  I'm nervous about him being on his own, but know he's going to have a great time!  I can't wait to hear all about it when he gets back home!  After getting him out, the rest of us got ready and headed to first service at church.  When we got home, I started working on stuff around the house while the boys played video games.  Adrian was going to head back to Origins but he is completely worn out from the week so he decided to stay home and rest.

The day passed quickly as I had a lot to do around the house, I'm trying to catch up from the past two months of craziness!  Late in the afternoon, I took Nick for our second obedience training session.  He did so much better this week than last week!  The trainer was really proud of our progress.  After training, I headed home to cook Father's Day dinner for us.  We had a nice family dinner and then finished up a few things around the house.  After getting the boys to bed, Adrian and I finished a bottle of wine and watched the new Card Sharks and Press Your Luck.  They were both fun and I enjoyed them!  It feels like I'm reliving my youth since I grew up watching both of these shows.
Monday (6/17) We were up bright and early this morning since Daniel has camp at OSU every day this week.  Adrian headed out to work and I got Daniel ready for camp.  His friend from class is going to this same camp so thankfully we are splitting the driving to Newark for the week.  She picked him up and headed to camp while I got Zak ready for his first day of VBS at Jersey Church.  They are doing a video game theme and he is super excited for the week!  He had a great first day today learning about Abraham and Sarah, eating dirt cake and making slime.  Can't wait to see how the rest of the week goes!
I picked up Zak and one of my friend's sons and they both came back here to play for a bit since his mom had training the next few days.  They enjoyed playing Super Smash Brothers together on our Switch until my friend picked her son up.  Then Zak and I had a quick lunch and then headed out to pick up Daniel and Addy from camp.  They had a great first day and can't wait for tomorrow!!  The three kids laughed just about the whole drive home which always makes my heart happy.  When we got home, Daniel and Zak played while I got dinner ready.  After a quick dinner, we headed out to our night activities.  I headed to the church for my Zumba Toning class where we had a sweaty good time.  Adrian took the boys to see "Detective Pikachu" (again) for Daniel's pick for this week since he didn't get to see it for AJ's birthday.  Daniel loved it & Adrian and Zak said it was just as good the second time.  They got home pretty late so we got the boys down to bed, finished up a few things around the house and then we went to bed too.  It was a pretty awesome Monday!

Tuesday (6/18) We were up and moving early again today for camps.  Adrian got up and out to work and then the rest of us got up and ready.  Daniel was picked up by his friend to head out to his camp at OSU and I dropped Zak off at VBS at Jersey Baptist.  I came home and got a bunch of stuff done around the house before leaving to pick up my friend's son at summer school and then Zak from VBS.  Zak had an awesome morning learning about Josiah, making a crown and having popcorn for snack.  He was also thrilled that his teacher found his slime from yesterday so that came home with us today.  When we got home, Zak and Gabriel played video games until his mom came to pick him up for the day while I got lunch ready for Zak and I.

After a quick lunch, we headed up to pick up Daniel and Addy from camp.  They had a great day learning about different things and making Buckeye necklaces.  They talked and laughed the whole ride home again.  When we got home, we all worked together to clean up the first floor of the house before we hosted our small group for taco Tuesday dinner tonight.  We had a small group but it was nice to have some adult conversation while the kids played.  Nick was accidentally let out of our room while everyone was here and he did great with everyone!!  We are thrilled with how well he is doing and are so happy he's a great fit for our family.  After everyone left, we did a quick clean up, got the boys to bed and watched a few comedies before heading to bed too.
Wednesday (6/19) We were up and moving early again this morning, but we were dragging a little this morning.  Adrian got up and headed to work and then I got up and got the other boys ready.  We switched driving today so I took Daniel and Addy to camp this morning and dropped them off a few minutes early so I could get back in time to get to a dentist appointment for me and Zak.  We both had a great check up and neither one of us has any cavities!  After the appointment, we came home for a short break and then took Nick on a walk up to the school to pick up Gabriel from school.  That was interesting, but Nick did pretty good and came home ready for a nap!

After we got home and got Nick settled, I headed out to the park with the two boys to meet some friends from church.  We had a fun time at Blacklick Woods, the boys played with the other kids while I chatted with the other moms.  We stayed for just over an hour and then met Gabriel's mom at Red Robin for lunch.  We had a delicious lunch together and then Zak and I headed to the car wash to get some of the mud off of the van from last week.  Daniel got home early from camp so he let himself in and took care of Nick until I got home.

When we got home, the boys asked if we could go to Zoombeezi Bay and even though I was exhausted, I said yes!  The weather wasn't great but we had an awesome few hours at the park!  There was no one there so there were no lines for the rides.  We rode Dolphin Dash, Sound Surfer, Big Boa Falls & Python Plunge, most of them more than once.  We also spent some time in the lazy river, wave pool and Baboon Lagoon.  It started to storm about 25 minutes before the park was going to close, so it closed early and we headed home.  We got home, had a quick dinner and got the boys down to bed.  Adrian had been at Bible study and he got home just in time to help with bedtime.  When they were settled for the night, we finished up a few things downstairs and then watched "Press Your Luck" before heading to bed for the night.  It was a great Wednesday!!
Thursday (6/20) Another early morning and we really struggled to get up after last night.  We thankfully got Daniel ready on time for his friend to pick him up and take him to camp.  Then I got Zak ready and dropped him off at his last day of VBS.  While they were gone, I worked my butt off around the house and got a ton of stuff done!  Before long, it was time to pick up Zak who had an awesome day learning about the Holy Spirit and making a fun wind chime craft.  We came home had lunch, got a few more things done and then headed out to pick up Daniel and Addy.  They also had a great day visiting The Works, learning about college and having gym class.

After we got home, it was time for me to get dinner ready and then head to the vet for a follow up with Nick.  She wanted to review some of the discipline suggestions she gave Adrian last week and see how we are doing.  She was really impressed with how well Nick is doing and how much calmer he was today than last week.  She gave me a few more suggestions and told us to keep going we're doing great!  After the appointment, I came home to have a quick dinner then headed to church to teach my Zumba class.  After an awesome class, I came home and got the boys down to bed, finished cleaning up from dinner and settled in to watch a few comedies with Adrian before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment