Monday, May 27, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 5/17 - 5/23)

Friday (5/17) We made it to another Friday and only have one more week to go of school!  It was harder to get up this morning because a horrible and loud storm came thru overnight and woke both Adrian and I up.  Shockingly the boys didn't hear it and slept right thru it, I'm so thankful for that!  But we did get up and moving on time and everyone got out to where they needed to be.  Adrian dropped AJ off at school and then headed into work.  I headed into school with Daniel and Zak to sub another full day.  Zak was super excited to go to school today because his class had wear your pajamas and bring a stuffy today.  He was also really excited to see me at recess this afternoon (and I briefly saw Daniel too!)
When the school day was over, we headed home to meet up with AJ and get everyone ready for their fun nights.  AJ had a birthday sleepover at his friend David's house so we ran out to quickly get David a gift and packed AJ up so he was ready to be picked up by David's Dad.  Then I got Daniel ready to head to a sleepover at his friend Patrick's house.  After we dropped Daniel off, I asked Zak what he wanted to do and he said pick up a happy meal for dinner and go home and relax.  I was ALL in for this plan so that's what we did.  He watched video games and TV for most of the night while I got a bunch of stuff done around the house.  I got him to bed, finished up a few things, watched some cheesy TV and headed to bed.  Adrian was out at his board game club for the night and got home much later than any of us were up.  He had a great time playing games all night and was glad to be back after a short break because of our crazy busy schedule.

Saturday (5/18) Our morning started early because Zak got up early and I had to get up for Zumba.  I got ready and headed out to the church for Zumba.  We had an amazing Zumba Toning class, so much energy this Saturday morning!  After my class, I ran to pick up Daniel and AJ from their sleep overs.  They both had really fun times with their friends, but are both exhausted after late nights and early mornings.  While I was doing that, Adrian dealt with our couch replacement and then took Zak to his soccer game.  It was really hot so he didn't play as hard as he has been, but he still played great.  Adrian came home and dropped Zak off and picked up Daniel to go to his game.  He also struggled with the heat but played pretty good.

When we all got home, we spent the rest of the day cooling off, doing stuff around the house, playing games and relaxing!  We grilled our dinner and were lucky enough to catch the ice cream truck coming by for dessert.  The boys spent most of the day playing together upstairs, playing video games, making videos and playing with their stuffies.  We started the boys' night routine a little early tonight since the boys are all down sleep after last night.  After we got them to bed, we finished cleaning up and then realized we were also pretty tired.  So we made snacks and watched the series finale of "The Big Bang Theory."  It was fantastic - perfect ending to a great show.  I laughed, cried and really enjoyed the whole episode plus the after show with them talking about some of the best episodes of the show.  I will definitely miss these characters in the fall!!

Sunday (5/19) We got up and moving super early again this morning because Zak woke up for the day at 5:30am.  I don't know why he refuses to sleep!  Adrian got up with him and I went back to sleep for about an hour before getting up to start getting ready for the day.  I spent most of the day at church, serving in childcare in the first service, going to the second service and staying after for VBS training.  AJ and Daniel did sleep in today and weren't up in time for church so Adrian left the boys home and just came to second service with me.  After church, we headed to the high school for AJ's last 6th grade band concert.  The band played great and sounded awesome together!  I'm so thankful AJ took a chance on trying an instrument this year and seems to really enjoy playing trombone.  He's excited to continue learning next school year!
After his concert, we came home for a while and the boys played while Adrian and I got a few things done around the house.  We took a break from that and Adrian took the boys to Martial Arts tonight where they all had a good time and learned a lot.  When they got home from Martial Arts, we were finally all home for the day.  We had dinner, made some plans for the week and finished up a few chores around the house.  Then we got the boys thru their night routine and down to bed for their last week of school.  Adrian headed upstairs to watch the finale of "Game of Thrones" and I stayed downstairs eating ice cream cake and watching Real Housewives.  It was a busy Sunday, but we feel ready for the week ahead!!

Monday (5/20) Last week of school!!  We all got up on time this morning, but everyone apparently forgot how to get ready for school over the weekend and we were nearly late.  Adrian got AJ out the door just barely on time and dropped him off at school on his way to work.  Then I got Daniel and Zak ready and again we barely got out on time.  We headed to school together since I was subbing for the day in a second grade class.  I had a great day with my group, we had a lot of fun together!  AJ and Daniel both had field day during school and they both said it was awesome!  And Zak got bubbles from his teacher and was able to play with them during recess today.  It was a fun day for all of us!

After school, we all came home and thankfully no one had homework, I think we are finally done for the year.  Then I got everyone thru dinner quickly so we could head to our night activities.  Adrian and Daniel left to head out to his soccer game.  Daniel played hard and finally won the sportsmanship award for his tough play the past two days!  His team lost again, they just can't seem to find their groove.  While they were there, I took AJ and Zak to the church for my Zumba class.  AJ was picked up by his friend so he could go to his Scout meeting.  I had a great Zumba Toning class, everyone got a great workout!  And Zak got a cupcake from our friend in childcare.  AJ had an informative Scout meeting and is starting to prepare for summer camp.  When we all got home, we got the boys thru their night time routine and down to bed for the day.  Then Adrian and I finished cleaning up, got snacks and watched a few comedies before heading to bed.
Tuesday (5/21) Today was a fairly normal day for us.  We all got up on time and did our normal morning routine.  Adrian got AJ ready and dropped him off at school on his way to work.  I got Daniel and Zak up and ready and dropped them off at school on my way to the Harcum Center.  I taught my three classes at Harcum and ran a ton of errands in between classes because I'm trying to get everything done before the end of the school year.  The day passed quickly and I got home just in time to get everyone from school.  AJ got off the bus just as I was getting ready to walk up to pick up the other two boys.  When we got home, we did our afternoon routine which thankfully does not include homework anymore. 

Then the boys had free time while I unloaded groceries and cleaned up until it was time to head to Zak's Blue and Gold Scout ceremony.  We enjoyed some park time, a delicious pot luck dinner and watched Zak and I bridge over to Wolves in Scouts.  Zak did a great job as a Tiger and I am thankful to be on this journey with him and excited to see where we go next year.  When the ceremony was over, we headed home and got ready for bed.  We got the boys down, finished up a few things around the house and watched a few comedies before heading to bed.  Now that our favorites are all over for the season, we'll spend the summer catching up on shows we recorded this past season.
Wednesday (5/22) Another fairly normal day around here and we are inching closer to summer break!  Adrian got AJ up and ready and dropped him off at school on his way to work.  Then I got Daniel and Zak ready and dropped off at school.  I headed to Meijer to do some grocery shopping for the week and then headed back into school to sub a half day, my last time subbing for this school year.  It was a fairly easy assignment, I spent most of my day helping with the first grade water day fun.  When school was done, I picked up the boys and we all headed home.  We got thru our afternoon routine and then I got dinner ready so we were ready for our night activities.  Adrian took Daniel to his last soccer game of the season, although we have a tournament next week, while I went to Verizon to get Daniel his very own phone!  He has proved that he his ready for a phone, plus he's going away to two week long camps so I want him to be able to get in touch with me.  When we all got home, we got the boys down to bed, watched a few comedies and headed to bed.
Thursday (5/23) Only two more days until summer break!  We got up and got moving on time, although we all felt very tired.  Adrian got AJ ready and dropped him off at school on his way to work.  I got Daniel and Zak ready and dropped them off at school on my way to Harcum.  I taught my three classes and ran errands in between classes to get everything done that I needed to do before summer break.  I got home in time to walk to pick up the boys from school.  When we all got home, the boys did their afternoon stuff and then pretty much had free time for the rest of the day.  I got dinner ready and then headed out to the church to teach my Zumba class.  There were a few bumps in the road, but we had a fun class playing Zumba shuffle & just dancing to whatever came on.  While I was there, Adrian took Zak to a little soccer celebration where he got his medal and a special snack from the coach.  After we all got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and down for their last school night bedtime for a few months.  Then Adrian and I came down and cleaned up a little then watched a few comedies.  We pushed our bedtime a little later since neither of us are working tomorrow, although we do still have to get up and get the boys out to school on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment