Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for April 28 - May 4)

I'm back to meal planning this week!!  I didn't mean to take two weeks off, it just kind of happened.  I cooked most of the meals on my last plan and then we had a ton of leftovers and a lot of cooking to do for Easter so we decided to just eat the leftovers and clean out the fridge.  Then after all we cooked for Easter, including our favorite Baked Ziti and Sausage & Peppers in the slower cooker all day, we had a ton of leftovers again so we ate those for the next week.  We also had a few meals out and a few meals of sandwiches and salads.  It was kind of a nice break and most of the days I stayed under my calorie goal, which is a huge reason that I meal plan anyway.

This week I need to do a big stock up shopping and we are focusing on eating as healthy as we can, when we can.  May has a ton of parties, celebrations, end of year stuff and fun on the agenda.  So while we are looking forward to it, we also know eating right all month will be a challenge.  So my plan is to eat well when we don't have anything going on and then enjoy the rest.  The other thing I'm contending with this month is that we are SO busy!  We have something every day this month, most days we have multiple things.  I'm trying to find easy meals so that we don't have a lot of eating out.  I'll also be making sure I'm well stocked on my go to meals - pasta, sandwiches and salads.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Eating out, McDonald's for the boys & Bibibop for the adults
Monday - Beef & Broccoli (bumped from 2 weeks ago because everything was frozen)
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday!!
Wednesday -
Thursday -
Friday -
Saturday - I'm going out with friends for dinner that night to celebrate March & April birthdays.  Adrian is hosting his parents for dinner so he's making sausage and peppers and a few sides

Water Flavor - Citrus mix of lemon, lime and orange

Overnight Oats - I ate these all week and I have two days worth of them left so I'll be setting them up later this week.  I got two delicious flavors of yogurt recently with a great deal - salted caramel and banana creme pie so I'll be using those this week.

Use it Up - I have a few veggies that I over bought over the past few weeks so I'm using them.  I'm using a head of cauliflower to make rice for the beef and broccoli, some lettuce for the tacos and lunches and some peppers and tomatoes for the lunches as well.

Lunches - I'm mostly having salads this week, as well as one of two days of sandwiches because I have to eat on the run.  I'll also be having hard boiled eggs everyday to use up all of the ones we colored for Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment