Monday, April 8, 2019

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for April 7 - April 13)

We did a great job getting back to meal planning last week after nearly two weeks off!  We made all of the meals we planned except for our Saturday one because I realized it used up leftover chicken that I could make this week and get two meals for the price of one.  So we bumped that meal to this week and had this Cashew Chicken that I had planned for Sunday instead.  It actually worked out well because Sunday we weren't very hungry because we ate a ton of popcorn at the movies that afternoon.

This week isn't quite as busy as last week but we're still pretty busy and will be until the end of May because of soccer season.  This week I'm using my instant pot/crock pot a ton this week!  And I'm also doing two different two for one meals, making meals on Monday and Tuesday that will be recycled into meals on Wednesday and Thursday.  I planned a meal for Friday, but we have a family event at the church so we may eat there, or eat leftovers first, and bump that meal to next week.  I'll see how the rest of the week goes!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Rueben sandwiches
Wednesday - Carnitas Stew (using up the carnitas from Monday) 
Thursday - Chicken, Veggie & Pasta Skillet (using up the chicken from Tuesday)
Friday - Beef and Broccoli (my new favorite recipe!)
Saturday - Out to Cooper's Hawk to use my birthday gift certificates!  

Water Flavor - I bought some citrus fruit to use in the water for a few weeks.  I did orange and grapefruit this week and it's delicious!

Overnight Oats - I didn't eat as much of these as I thought I would last week so I have some leftover for this week.  But I did set up two batches with yogurt that I got for free last week so that I'm covered for the whole week.

Use it Up - I haven't really been focusing on this since I really wanted to restock the fridge and freezer these past few weeks.  I will try to focus more on it for next week!

Lunches - I have a weird week of lunches coming up.  Tuesday and Wednesday I need quick and easy sandwiches.  The other days I will either make salads or eat leftovers.  The Vegetable Soup from last week made a ton so we have a bunch of leftovers from that.  I also assume the first four meals of this week will make a lot of leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment