Friday, May 3, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 4/26 - 5/2)

Friday (4/26) We survived the week, but just barely.  We once again struggled to get up this morning, but we were able to do it.  Adrian got AJ ready and dropped him off while the three of us got ready to head into school together since I was subbing for the day.  I started in one assignment but then was pulled after about 2 hours to go and be Daniel's teacher's sub for the rest of the day.  He was so excited that I was there!  He said it was the best week ever, spending Thursday with Dad at work and Friday with me.  We had a great afternoon together, lots of downtime for the kids who had AIR tests 3 days this week (including this morning).
When we all got home from school, we had some much needed downtime for the rest of the night.  The boys played together while I rested on the couch and did a little bit of clean up.  When Adrian got home from work, we all had leftovers for dinner and are just about done the Easter leftovers.  After a quick clean up, we settled in for a family movie night to watch "Ant-man and the Wasp."  We all enjoyed the movie and were shocked by the secret scene!  When it was over, everyone was ready for bed so we put the boys to bed for the night.  Then Adrian and I had a quick snack and watched a comedy before heading to bed as well.  Looking forward to a semi-relaxing weekend!

Saturday (4/27) Today started too early after a long night with Daniel being up for 2 hours in the middle of the night.  My alarm went off and I did not want to get up!  But I managed to pull myself out of bed and get to the church for Zumba class on time.  We had a great class and then I found an awesome duffel bag at the church garage sale.  After that, I headed to watch Daniel's soccer game, another tough loss.  But the one goal that his team scored was set up by an awesome throw in from Daniel so he was super excited after the game!!

When we got home, I helped Adrian finish getting packed up and out to Zak's Cub Scout camp out.  They headed up to Falling Rock and are having a fun time doing all sorts of different activities, including BB guns which Zak has been looking forward to.  Daniel was invited to sleep at his friend's house tonight so he got ready to head over there.  AJ was upset that he didn't have anything to do, so he invited his friend David to come spend the night.  When I dropped Daniel off, I picked up pizza for the 2 boys here, and they ate nearly all of it for dinner!  They spent the rest of the night playing together while I worked around the house.  They negotiated an 11pm bedtime so I watched the second game of the Blue Jackets series while I worked.  The game went into overtime and I just couldn't keep my eyes opened so I put the boys in their room & went to bed after the first overtime. (Edit - the Jackets won in the second overtime, yay!!)
Sunday (4/28) After a late night, we were up way earlier than I wanted to be.  I got David packed up and ready to go and then his parents came to pick him up.  The boys had a great night and are excited to do it again soon for their birthdays.  Then I got ready for church and to pick up Daniel from Ethan's house.  Adrian and Zak came home just before I was getting ready to leave.  Zak had a great time camping in the rain!  He enjoyed hiking, shooting and making smores.  Adrian was exhausted when he got home, but said he had a pretty good time.

I picked up Daniel and he told me he had a great time playing video games, making videos and watching part of a movie at Ethan's house over night.  The two of us headed to church for first service to see his friend and his family get baptized!  It was a beautiful service and I loved every minute of it.  After church, we headed home and all 5 of us were exhausted.  We cancelled most of the rest of our afternoon to rest and get a few things ready for the week.  The one thing we kept on our schedule was going to Martial Arts since we've missed a bunch of weeks.  The boys were very excited to be back on the mats and see their friends there.
After class, we decided to pick up dinner so we didn't have to cook.  We grabbed Taco Bell for AJ, McDonald's for Daniel and Zak and Bibibop for Adrian and I.  After we finished our quick dinner, we got a few more things done around the house and then started getting ready for bed.  We got the boys down for the night and then Adrian and I did a few more things before he watched "Game of Thrones" and I headed upstairs to get ready for bed.  It was an early night for most of us after a lot of missing sleep this weekend and another busy week on tap.

Monday (4/29) We were all dragging this morning when we had to get up and moving but we made it.  The lack of sleep this weekend caught up with us today for sure!  Adrian got AJ up and ready and they barely got out the door on time.  I got the other two boys ready and dropped off at school.  Today is Daniel's last day of testing and we are all excited to put another year of testing behind us!  After I dropped them off at school, I headed to the church to sub in the preschool for the morning.  Then since there weren't any afternoon assignments in the school, I headed home to finish some of the things that I didn't get to this weekend.

I was really productive this afternoon and got a bunch done before it was time to pick everyone up from school.  I walked up to pick up Daniel and Zak and when we all got home, the boys had some free time since no one had any homework today.  Then we had a quick dinner and headed out to our evening stuff.  I took Daniel and Zak and we headed to the church for my Zumba class.  We had a great class together tonight even though I messed up the new song in an epic fashion. It was also Secret Sister reveal night & I got some great gifts & found out who my sister was for the past few months.  I love this program & am so thankful my church does it.  Adrian came home from work to eat and then take AJ to Scouts.  AJ got all of his choices for summer camp and is so excited to go now!  When we all got home, the boys watched some TV and then we got them down for a fairly early bedtime.  Adrian and I finished up a few things and then got snacks and watched two comedies before heading to bed too.

Tuesday (4/30) We did much better getting up and moving this morning.  Adrian got AJ up and ready and dropped him off at school on his way to work.  I got Daniel and Zak ready and dropped them off at school before I headed to Harcum to teach my 3 Silver Sneakers classes.  It was fun but we had a bit of sadness hanging in the room as the second staff member in the past month announced that they were leaving the center.  None of us like change!  Between classes I ran out and started my weekly food shopping since I have a lot to get and very little time this week.

After my classes, I headed into school to do sight words with Zak's class for possibly the last time this year.  The kids did a great job, lots of them passed multiple lists.  And Zak finished his last 3 lists in book 3 to finish that book.  He was so proud of himself for finishing it, we've been working very hard on those lists the past week.  When we all got home, we had a short break then got thru homework since we all had stuff to do tonight.  Then I made tacos for everyone for dinner so we had a quick dinner and split up for our night activities.
Adrian left with Daniel first, heading out to his soccer practice.  After Adrian dropped Daniel off, he headed out to get his hair cut before heading back to pick him up.  While they were there, I took Zak to his Cub Scout pack meeting.  He did a great job with his den doing his skit and then we had a fun presentation from the local police department.  Zak especially enjoyed seeing the taser gun and the inside of the police car.  When the meeting was over, we headed back home.  The boys finished up their night time routine while Adrian and I cleaned up after dinner.  We got the boys down to bed and the watched the end of the Blue Jackets playoff game - so happy they won again!  Then we got our snacks, watched two comedies and headed to bed.
Wednesday (5/1) We struggled to get up again today, maybe it will be an every other day thing for the rest of the school year.  Adrian barely got up and out on time with AJ but he did and dropped AJ off at school on his way to work.  I got the other two boys up and ready and dropped them off at school.  Then since I wasn't subbing today, I headed out to run the rest of my errands and finish the grocery shopping for the week.  We needed a lot since I haven't shopped in nearly two weeks and it took the whole morning to shop and put it all away.

After dealing with the groceries and putting everything away, I did a few more things around the house and then it was time to pick up the boys from school early and head to the pediatrician.  AJ had his med check and the other two boys had their well checks.  They all did great and the doctor told me to just keep doing what I'm doing.  Daniel had a huge growth spurt in the past year gaining 12 pounds and growing almost 3 inches!  When we got home from the doctor, we got thru our afternoon routine and homework and then the boys had some free time while I got dinner ready for everyone. 
After we had dinner together, I gave the boys a short video game time for their great behavior at the doctor's office while I cleaned up from dinner and got a few other things done around the house.  Adrian was at Bible study so I got the boys thru their night routine and then started reading with them before bed.  Adrian got home a little earlier than usual and was able to help with bedtime.  Then we came down and made snacks and watched this week's "Survivor."  It was another great episode, there have been lots of twists and turns this year and we are loving it all!

Thursday (5/2) We got up and moving pretty well this morning and got everyone out on time.  Adrian got AJ ready and dropped him off at school on his way to work.  Then I got Daniel and Zak ready and dropped them off on my way to the Harcum Center.  I had three great classes and did a little work on my lunch break in between classes.  When I was done teaching, I headed home to get a few things done before picking up the boys from school.  AJ got off the bus just as I was leaving to walk up to pick up the other boys.  Daniel had a special day to celebrate finishing testing for the year and the whole grade had a pajama, movie and popcorn day.  He enjoyed watching part of "Mary Poppins Returns" and wants to watch the first movie and this one as a family over the summer. 
When we all got home, we got quickly thru our afternoon routine and celebrated that no one has any homework tonight.  The boys had a short free time to play while I cooked dinner for everyone.  We had an early dinner before we started our busy night.  Adrian took Zak and Daniel to soccer practice and thankfully the rain held off so they could safely practice tonight.  While they were there, I headed to the church to teach an awesome, fun Zumba class.  When we all got home together, we did a few things around the house but were all exhausted after the busy day.  So we got the boys thru their night routine and then down for bed.  Then we made snacks, watched the end of the Blue Jackets game (boo!) and tonight's "Big Bang Theory" before heading to bed.  I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow, that never happens!!

No comments:

Post a Comment