Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for May 5 - May 11)

I'm late getting this post up this week because it was a super busy, but super fun weekend.  I was thinking about skipping it because there's not a lot to share, but I'm home with a sick kid today and while I was making sure I have my lists done for later in the week I decided to hop on and type up the post for this week.  We did pretty good last week sticking to our meal plan except that I didn't cook what I planned on Wednesday night.  Instead I sauteed up some shrimp and make a Mexican shrimp salad and it was delicious!  Adrian wasn't home that night and my afternoon plans took longer than I thought they would so I decided to switch up the menu.

This week is a normal (and busy!) week and then the weekend is all parties!  Friday is Adrian's 50th birthday so the boys planned a special night for him.  I can't share what we're eating since it's all a surprise, but I will share next week what we ate.  Then on Saturday we are continuing the celebration in the afternoon and starting our Mother's Day celebration as well.  We'll finish up our celebrating on Sunday and get back to real life on Monday.  I'm excited for this weekend and hope everyone stays healthy and that we have as much fun as I think we will!!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Leftovers after a busy day of church, movies & Martial Arts
Monday - Shrimp Lo Mein
Tuesday - Vegetable Tortellini Bake
Wednesday - Southwest Chicken Skillet
Thursday - Leftovers if we have any, salads & sandwiches if we don't
Friday - Birthday Surprise dinner!!
Saturday - Ribs & Mac and Cheese - both in the instant pots (if we are hungry and have time for this between all the fun things we're doing.  If we don't eat it this night, we'll have it on Sunday)

Water Flavor - I got a very cheap mango last week so I used that and a half of orange for the water this week.  It's a great blend of sweet and citrus!!

Overnight Oats - I ended up making 2 batches in the middle of the week last week so I had a bunch leftover for this week.  I'm guessing we'll have some special breakfasts as well so I'm not going to set up any new ones this week.  It's already Tuesday and I still have 2 or 3 servings left so I should be fine to get thru the week.

Use it Up - I'm not really doing anything on this challenge this week.  I'm just trying to survive between the weekend celebrations and teacher appreciation week.  It's more survival this week than thinking ahead and using what I already have.

Lunches - I'm having salads for lunch everyday this week.  Actually, this would fit in the last category as well.  We have about a dozen hard boiled eggs left from Easter so Adrian and I are committing to eating one egg each every day this week so they are gone by this weekend.  I'll be eating mine in my salad each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment