Friday, April 19, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 4/12 - 4/18)

Friday (4/12) One more day for this week!  Adrian got AJ up and ready for school and dropped him off at school on his way to work.  AJ had his second day of ELA AIR testing today and he said both days went really well!  I got Daniel and Zak up and had another day off from subbing this week so I came back home and got to work on my giant to do list.  I was able to get a ton of stuff done while everyone was at work and feel so much better going into the weekend.  I also haven't been feeling well so I took some time to rest as well.  Before I knew it, it was time to pick everyone up from school.  I'm thankful that there is very little homework to be done this weekend and lots of fun to be had!

The boys had some video game time while I finished up dinner for a friend who just recently had a baby boy.  After I dropped that off to them, I fed AJ and then got Daniel and Zak ready to head to our church for family glow in the dark dodge ball.  Unfortunately Adrian got stuck at work and wasn't able to join us until much later.  I had fun with the boys, even if my team lost their first two games.  We all had so much fun, especially in the all kids versus all adults game!  When we got home, we were all pretty tired so we got the boys thru their night routine and got them to bed.  Then we opened a bottle of wine, had some snacks and watched a few comedies from the week before heading to bed too.
Saturday (4/13) Today started early as most Saturdays do because I have to get up for Zumba.  But I'm thankful I got up and moving because we had a great class this morning, despite the fact that I didn't have any speakers to use.  After class, I came home and tidied up before hosting my women's Bible study for some good food, fellowship and discussion.  While I was doing that, Adrian took Daniel and Zak to their soccer games.  Zak's team lost again but he had a great time!  And Daniel's team went back to their normal ways and tied in their game today.

After all of our morning activities, we had the afternoon free to work around the house.  I was signed up for a Zumba jam, but I haven't been feeling well all week and still am not feeling 100% so since we have a super busy week on the horizon, I decided to skip it this time.  I rested and got a lot of stuff done sitting down.  Adrian fixed the outside spigot for the boys and they spent most of the day playing in the yard with the hose.  After giving the boys a quick dinner, our sitter arrived and Adrian and I headed out for a date night.  We went to Cooper's Hawk for our monthly wine tasting and to use our rewards that we had earned from the wine club.  We loved our tasting this month, all of the wines were great, especially the wine of the month from last month & this month.  Then we enjoyed a delicious dinner plus some great conversations.  When we got home, we were both exhausted so we watched a quick comedy and then headed to bed to be ready for another busy day tomorrow!
Sunday (4/14) We all slept in this morning, clearly we needed the rest.  When we finally got up and moving, it was too late to get to first service for church so we decided to get started working around the house instead.  We worked for a while and then had a quick lunch before Adrian and I headed downtown for the next play of this season, "The Play that Went Wrong."  It was a very funny play and a great escape from reality for a few hours this afternoon.  We laughed until we cried and enjoyed reliving a few of the jokes on the way home as well.
While we were there, we left the boys home alone and they did great!  We are definitely moving in the direction of being able to leave them alone instead of having a babysitter.  When we got home, we finished as much as we could around the house, had a quick dinner of leftovers and got the boys thru their night time routine.  After we got them down to bed, we watched the end of the Blue Jackets playoff game (they won!!) and then Adrian headed upstairs to watch the season premiere of "Game of Thrones."  I tried to be productive but I was too exhausted so I just watched some TV and headed to bed as soon as he was done watching.  Another busy week on tap!

Monday (4/15) We thought we would have a normal (shorter) week but Daniel was complaining all weekend that his eyes hurt and when he woke up with them crusted over for the second day in a row, we decided he should skip school and head to the doctor.  So Adrian got AJ ready and dropped him off at school on his way to work.  I got Zak ready and dropped him off at school and then took Daniel to the doctor.  Turns out it is only allergies because the pollen count has been so high recently so we got some eye drops and allergy meds for him to take the next few weeks.

After we went to the doctor, Daniel came home and hung out watching TV while I worked around the house all afternoon.  I got a ton of stuff done and am starting to feel somewhat in control and ready for the next few weeks of full time craziness.  The afternoon passed quickly and thankfully it warmed up enough for me to walk to pick up Zak from school.  When we were all home, the boys had some free time and then we quickly got thru homework and dinner before moving on to our night stuff.  I took Daniel and Zak to the church with me for my Zumba class.  We had a great class, I finally feel like myself again!  While we were there, Adrian took AJ to his Scouts meeting.  When we all got home, we got the boys down to bed, finished cleaning up from dinner and watched a few comedies before heading to bed.  It was a long Monday! 

Tuesday (4/16) Finally we are back to our normal schedule today.  Adrian got AJ ready and dropped him off at school before heading to work.  I got Daniel and Zak ready and dropped them off at school before heading to Harcum to teach my three classes.  Between classes I ran a few errands to try to get ready for a busy weekend.  I was supposed to go into Zak's class to do sight words, but they had some changes to their schedule so I decided to skip going in this week.  Instead I came home after class, unpacked the groceries and then walked up to pick them up after school.  When we got home, I gave the boys some free time and then we got thru homework.  AJ doesn't have any homework this week since it's AIR testing & a short week which is a huge gift to us!

Soon after homework we had dinner and got ready for our evening stuff.  Adrian took Zak to Cub Scouts where they played games and just about finished up everything he needs for his Tiger rank.  While they were there, I took Daniel to the school board meeting to share a project his class is working on.  They have been approved to build a gaga pit on their school playground!  Daniel is very excited about this and can't wait to get started!  And I can't wait to see the finished product!  After we all got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and then watched the end of the Blue Jackets game.  We are so excited that they won & will advance in the playoffs!!  When the game was over, we had snacks & watched a comedy before heading to bed.
Wednesday (4/17) We have another day on our normal routine.  Adrian got AJ ready and dropped him off at school on his way to work.  I got Daniel and Zak ready and dropped off before having another day off from subbing.  I headed out to run some errands to get ready for the weekend and got a ton done in about an hour.  When I got home, I spent the rest of the day working around the house to get stuff done and feel way more calm about the upcoming busy weeks.  The day passed quickly and before long it was time to pick the boys up from school.

After I picked them up from school, we headed out to Krispy Kreme for our free report card donuts and then to get haircuts for the boys.  They all look great & so much older with their new haircuts!  After that we came home and got thru dinner and homework while we waited for Adrian to get home from work.  Once he was home and ate dinner, we colored our Easter eggs for this year.  The boys did great, it was way less stressful and messy than previous years!  And they made some amazing looking eggs!  We had a really fun mid-week family night.  When we were done with the eggs, we cleaned up and got the boys thru their night time routine.  Then Adrian and I got snacks and watched this week's "Survivor" before heading to bed.  Thursdays are always exhausting for us!
Thursday (4/18) Last day of school for the week and we are ready for the long weekend!  Adrian got AJ ready and dropped him off at school on his way to work.  I got Daniel and Zak ready and dropped them off at school on my way to Harcum.  I taught my 3 classes and had fun with all of them, even if they were a little smaller than usual.  I ran to grab the last of my groceries on the way home and then picked everyone up from school.  No one has any homework this weekend (yay!) so the boys played for a while before we had dinner and got ready for our busy evening.  Adrian took Daniel and Zak to their soccer practices while I headed to the church to teach Zumba Toning.  We all had a great time and when we all got home, we were all exhausted.  We let the boys play some video games and then did their normal night routine so they got some sleep before a few upcoming late nights.  Adrian and I finished a few things around the house, then had our snacks and watched some comedies before heading to bed on the early side because we also have a few late nights coming up.  We're all excited to have tomorrow off together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment